smh bank space exploit is getting patched tomorrow

#121abel13111Posted 4/18/2013 8:06:55 AM
They'll probably patch this, then charge 5 bucks to get more slots.
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.9
#122Jambi_ManPosted 4/18/2013 8:28:04 AM
Obnoxious_Frog posted...
killbot357 posted...
BlackWizardMagus posted...
killbot357 posted...
lol @ anyone crying about what developers decide to do with their game

double lol @ hoarding all legendaries, skins, heads, class mods and relics as FUN

I've always had this crazy notion that developers made games for GAMERS, not for themselves.

This IS a crazy notion. Developers make games to make money, not for GAMERS. Gearbox made Borderlands 2 so people would buy it, not out of the kindness of their hearts.

The decision to fix this banking exploit is likely a complicated one. I'm sure there are devs who don't care about it, but the game was obviously not being used as intended by a subset of the population.

Why did they patch the bank exploit? It was a business decision. Maybe Gearbox is going to offer extra space as DLC. Maybe Gearbox wants to use expanded storage as a selling point for an upcoming expansion.

Borderlands 2 is Gearbox' property, and this decision has less to do with your fun and more to do with its bottom line.

I'd also point out that loot hoarding kept me playing Diablo 2 for two and a half years. It's an enormous sense of having actually accomplished something to watch the hoard grow. For me, it actually is fun and I'm certain I'm not alone.

I agree...

I actually do wish they offered more storage space, lots more! But the bank glitch is not necessary, it's exploiting a KNOWN glitch. I saw this patch coming from day 1....that's why I didn't use it.
---
Would you like to do battle with a Brony riding piggyback on a Rabid Stalker? If the answer is no, you are sad, and I've no desire to speak with you further.
#123killbot357Posted 4/18/2013 9:21:25 AM
FrEshBrEadStiCk posted...
ITT: Collecting = Stupid, bad, wrong, etc

ITT: misunderstanding of others' view points because you're SO MAD Gearbox is patching out an exploit
---
XBOX GT: illbzo1
Currently playing: Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Summoner - Soul Hackers, Borderlands 2
#124KellyRipyaPosted 4/18/2013 9:44:52 AM
Anyone home who downloaded the patch yet? Can you confirm whether you can swap things in and out of your bank if you're over capacity.?
---
All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain
GT: Althea N Hell
#125drj898Posted 4/18/2013 9:48:29 AM
KellyRipya posted...
Anyone home who downloaded the patch yet? Can you confirm whether you can swap things in and out of your bank if you're over capacity.?

I was just on trying to clean up/out my bank and characters and stuff. And I was NOT prompted to download anything yet. As of sayyy... 11am EST.

Please keep me updated.........

Also, I'm confused how big the bank is supposed to be lol. How many spaces I supposed to have?
---
GT, and PSN: DrJ898
#126iriswcPosted 4/18/2013 10:13:13 AM

Borderlands 2 is Gearbox' property, and this decision has less to do with your fun and more to do with its bottom line.

I don't know who posted this since i have so many ignored users, but this is the problem. This is a game, from a company who is in the business of entertainment. Our enjoyment is directly related to their bottom line. They can do what the hell they want but they are going to alienate customers. With each issue they seem to be more like the snobby business owner doing what they want while their customers leave wanting something else.

If they now take note and add some big storage DLC, great. But from the track record, it seems like they just want to keep it from being in any way a collecting game, damn what the fans want.
#127KellyRipyaPosted 4/18/2013 11:03:05 AM(edited)
Yeah I don't think the Xbox patch is out yet but it definitely dropped on the PS3 judging by their board. So far all I've gleaned from their posts is that the patch didn't remove modded items from their vault. Wow they seem to have much of an obsession with modding than exists here

UPDATE: Seems it's a YES, you can swap out weapons even if you're overcapacity. So fill those Vaults up with as many placeholders as you can find before the patch drops tomorrow!!!
---
#128KellyRipyaPosted 4/18/2013 10:59:48 AM
BTW Gibbed v. 155 is out today, get it while it's hot
---
#129Kpt_Kapowski(Topic Creator)Posted 4/18/2013 11:04:14 AM
KellyRipya posted...

UPDATE: Seems it's a YES, you can swap out weapons even if you're overcapacity. So fill those Vaults up with as many placeholders as you can find before the patch drops tomorrow!!!

lol
---
Borderlands 2 BAR: 84554 --- Beware the Lag!
#130_EggplantWizardPosted 4/19/2013 5:47:18 PM
iriswc posted...

I don't know who posted this since i have so many ignored users, but this is the problem. This is a game, from a company who is in the business of entertainment. Our enjoyment is directly related to their bottom line. They can do what the hell they want but they are going to alienate customers. With each issue they seem to be more like the snobby business owner doing what they want while their customers leave wanting something else.

If they now take note and add some big storage DLC, great. But from the track record, it seems like they just want to keep it from being in any way a collecting game, damn what the fans want.

It's all about integrity. The game was created by Gearbox. It's their work. Their vision/ integrity should be upheld by the players. You say Gearbox is all like "damn what the fans want". ...but the hackers and glitchers are all like "damn what the developers want".
If I made a game, and it was intended to be played a certain way, I would be pissed if people were hacking it and changing everything.
---
Currently playing Doom, The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion, Final Fantasy IX, and Secret of Mana.