Slag-licked and other patched glitches

#1EarlJensonPosted 4/17/2013 8:22:25 PM
First of all:
No, I'm not concerned about taking all the challenge out of the game. Yes, I do want to just walk through missions and blow through things like they're made of paper.

When I play a game, generally the first few months I play as intended. After that, I'm playing to screw around -- break mechanics, get to normally inaccessible areas, kill immortal characters, sequence break, and whatnot. Do stuff you're not supposed to. That's where I find my fun.

So.

My 360 hasn't seen the internet in a few years, so I can still use whatever glitches have been patched. Which makes me curious just what interesting things I'm able to do, and how to trigger them.

I bring up slag-licked because that's the most prominent one I've heard of but am not that familiar with; I've used Evil Smasher, but the effect is inconsistent so it seems like the permanent increase to BAR would be less annoying.

I would look these things up elsewhere myself, but YouTube videos don't always come with a decent explanation. And besides, I would miss my recommended daily allowance of bizarre 'cheater cheater' videogame moralizing.
#2xboxBUNZILLAPosted 4/17/2013 8:27:43 PM
If your games not patched just use the bee/conference call.. no glitch needed.
---
word to the wise, turn off your BAR before you dashboard. :)
BayouJoe posted... Cool, I found the duct tape, no more interruptions from the young uns.
#3grunjmufnPosted 4/17/2013 8:40:45 PM
It's not clear from my searching either, but it may have to do with completing the Slag-licked challenge legitimately first. I would give that a shot. Several people mentioned it happened after they completed it.

Watch out though, it also blows up your inventory with skins which can crash your game and even corrupt your save. Back it up first for sure.

There's also one for Heal Plz, looks like it might be activated the same way.
#4PanopictonguyPosted 4/17/2013 8:42:42 PM
xboxBUNZILLA posted...
If your games not patched just use the bee/Any Shotgun.. no glitch needed.

The Unkempt Harold & Sandhawk are like Baby Versions of what Jakobs & Torgue shotguns used to be like before the Bee Nerf. CC was a big favorite because you don't actually have to aim it.

Combine those things with Vladof Infinite ammo exploit and you're in the money.
---
Oh, you thought they made this game for you? You clearly bought the wrong game.
#5xboxBUNZILLAPosted 4/17/2013 10:10:30 PM
Panopictonguy posted...
xboxBUNZILLA posted...
If your games not patched just use the bee/Any Shotgun.. no glitch needed.

The Unkempt Harold & Sandhawk are like Baby Versions of what Jakobs & Torgue shotguns used to be like before the Bee Nerf. CC was a big favorite because you don't actually have to aim it.

Combine those things with Vladof Infinite ammo exploit and you're in the money.

I don't rock the bee or the sandhawk.
---
word to the wise, turn off your BAR before you dashboard. :)
BayouJoe posted... Cool, I found the duct tape, no more interruptions from the young uns.
#6KellyRipyaPosted 4/18/2013 12:29:53 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#7EarlJenson(Topic Creator)Posted 4/20/2013 12:25:03 AM
KellyRipya posted...
You want GPD Editor if you're looking to exploit the BAR percentages

That looks pretty awesome... but I'd rather break the game with mechanics available in-game. Not to be obnoxious about the standards of "cheating" or anything, just a preference.

I've been trying to moonshot farm up a CC - just happened to have a character that was wrapping up PT2...

But I'm wondering... does the CC really put out THAT many pellets? Or is there just something magical about the CC + Bee combo? Because if it were strictly damage-based... well, before this I was knocking Terra down with Bee + regular shotgun + Evil Smasher glitch + Ruin to slag. I would tend to think that that set-up would have more damage output than CC + Bee.

Maybe it's specific to a slag CC being used? The posts I've gone through don't usually specify the element of the CC, so that seems like a possibility. In my Terra farming, I used a non-elemental shotgun.
#8EarlJenson(Topic Creator)Posted 4/21/2013 3:32:18 AM
So, got a slag CC.

Failed to trigger the bug on two characters over two profiles. Both already had slag-licked completed. Tried at PT1 and 2 Bunker, Warrior, and Terra. No luck anywhere. Maybe it's cumulative, and I just haven't done enough excess damage yet. Although slag CC + Bee really ate those bosses alive; that was the only time I was able to kill Terra without the Evil Smasher glitch.

I was wondering if Bunker and Warrior were so often cited because they're able to take *massive* damage, but then retreat for their special death sequences. That is, maybe they take whatever damage you do to them over and above their actual HP because of that. But then there are a few posts where people talk about it triggering on loaders and stuff, so I guess it doesn't matter.

I guess next I'll try triggering it with Gunslinger - if standard Tediore weapons don't make it happen, I've got a level 46 Baby Maker. I know I've got at least one character with the relevant challenge completed.
#9PhilOnDezPosted 4/21/2013 5:52:08 AM
The CC, if I'm not mistaken, throws out 5 (or 7 with one specific part) pellets that each split into 5 pellets every 20 yards or so as well as when they hit an enemy. The extra pellets form kind of a circle shape so they'll hit boss enemies extra hard.
---
Every time I try to go where I really wanna be it's already where I am, 'cuz I'm already there
XBL, PSN, Steam, Origin, BSN, GFAQs, MC: PhilOnDez
#10tony8669Posted 4/21/2013 9:12:58 AM
Why bother with all these weapons and combos if you're running unpatched? Just abuse the Evil Smasher, and then run around with whatever weapon you want.