Has anyone played Dragons Dogma?

#1Shepp_HandlerPosted 4/17/2013 11:12:55 PM
There is a event in that game which I think would be awesome and totally work with borderlands. At a certain point in that game there is a major boss. His health is shared between all players on line. You go into his lair and have a certain amount of time to inflict as much damage as possible before he flys away. When the community finally takes him down everyone who took part in damaging him gets a reward. And if you are fighting him when the killing blow is landed, the reward is even greater. I think this game mechanic could work awesome in the BL universe with a major raid boss of which there are already. I think fighting like a super BA raid boss with the whole community working together would be very fun.
#2spfurm01Posted 4/17/2013 11:19:48 PM
Biggest issue with the UR Dragon was that he was terribly unfun to fight as a mage and you had to rely on the probable stupidity of your pawns to get the job done.

So I like summoning giant tornadoes. D:
---
We know Gavorn's tricks! We leave!
#3SuprSaiyanRockrPosted 4/17/2013 11:29:30 PM
I love dd. Looking forward to the expansion next week.

I do not like the Ur dragon, though. It's pointless; it offers the best gear, which is only really useful against the Ur dragon. Plus, with the amount of health it has, it would be a miracle to do the finishing blow to get decent gear from it.
---
GT/PSN: SuprSaiyanRockr
Efficiency>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Nostalgia. Always.
#4JimiMorrison187Posted 4/17/2013 11:32:55 PM
Been waiting to see something about a PC version. I'm done with consoles this gen.
---
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v452/Kwelity/avila2.jpg
#5Shepp_Handler(Topic Creator)Posted 4/17/2013 11:35:33 PM
Glad to see so much love for DD. I still think if Gearbox looked at how DD did and tweaked it a little it could be fun in BL. And I had MK shooting those orbs all over the place. One of my favorite games.
#6plasmatic529Posted 4/18/2013 3:42:11 AM
I love DD. Hit lvl 200 and got gear I wanted and now just waiting for expansion. Gt below if you need a sorc pawn. And getting final hit on ur isn't wo tough. Just kill him during grace period or whatever its called.
---
GT: Plasmatic529
alt GT: Plasmatic alt
#7RoketomanPosted 4/18/2013 4:50:49 AM
plasmatic529 posted...
I love DD. Hit lvl 200 and got gear I wanted and now just waiting for expansion. Gt below if you need a sorc pawn. And getting final hit on ur isn't wo tough. Just kill him during grace period or whatever its called.

Took me weeks of trying to get grace. It was either very early morning or after I'd leave for work. That reason alone is why I wouldn't like something like that in Borderlands.
---
Christ is Lord
#8Dark_ApostatePosted 4/18/2013 5:13:51 AM
It worked well enough for a time, but the thing has to be truly monstrous by now. Not to mention that you had to keep an eye out for when it is actually going to die, which could be at any time around the clock. Ultimately, I think it is a bad idea.