Now that theyve patched the bank....

#1Wallcrawler8878Posted 4/19/2013 3:42:02 PM
I kinda feel like my days are numbered with this game.

Really, the only thing keeping me playing now was collecting all the variations of different guns and shields. Being able to just store those, and then have them if someone around the various forums needed them was really nice.

I cannot stomach the thought of creating mules, and sorting through all my stuff and transferring it a paltry 4 items at a time through the stash.

I havent even seen the 4th DLC yet, but you gotta know that theres going to be some new, neat stuff in there that we are going to want to have, but will have no way to collect it without resorting to the tedious mule process.

I dont have a reason to keep killing Pete and Hyperius anymore, because I wont be able to pick anything up without sacrificing something I already decided I wasnt throwing away.

And yes, Ive seen the suggestions for the "placeholders" in your banks, but honestly, how long until Gearbox swoops in and just wipes those excess slots when their initial "fix" fails to get the job done.

The general concensus from over there is that the overstuffed bank will "blow memory" when the other DLC, and future DLC come out. Maybe thats the case, or maybe its just another lie like the one Pitchford told when he said the reason they couldnt increase the level cap was because it would "blow memory", when at the time of him saying that, modders were already rocking 3 full skill trees and playing the game without incident.

If it is true, then the overstuffed bank will just cause me crashes, and Ill still not be able to store my stuff. If its not, there's still the great possibility that with the "placeholder' method to retain a massive bank flying around all over the web, that GBX will just patch in a complete bank wipe that takes out anything over the legitmate cap.

Ill play the 4th DLC, because Ive already paid for it, but I think that beyond that, theres not really any reason to keep playing the game for me. Ive done all the fun quests and played the crap out of the story. Now with adding to my gun collection patched away, Gearbox has effectively shown me the door.

Id just like to ask all the rabid GBX supporters out there how it is remotely possible to think that a mere 27 bank slots was supposed to be enough to store the ridiculous amounts of guns that can be found in this game.

And not just the guns, thats supposed to accomodate Shields, Grenades, Class Mods, and Relics ON TOP of all the guns.

Im beginning to think that EA got the worst company of the year award a bit prematurely, because lately, everything Gearbox touches literally turns to crap. Duke, Aliens, and now it seems like they are trying like hell to ruin the only good thing theyve got going for them.

Anyhoo, rant over. Helluva fun game while it lasted though. I just wish this thing worked like Skyrim with the ability to store hilarious amounts of gear. I now sort of identify with those poor souls on the Hoarders program, being told that they are going to have to let go of all of the items theyve collected over time.

Its a pretty *****y feeling.
#2killbot357Posted 4/19/2013 3:50:39 PM(edited)
Really? You think Gearbox patching an exploit that only affects mass dupers and hoarders is WORSE than EA's handling of the SimCity launch? Or EA's practice of buying up fantastic series like Dead Space, turning them into generic third person shooters and cramming them full of microtransactions?

Seriously, if the only joy you get from this game is cramming your glitched bank with duped rares so you can hand them out like candy to strangers and feel like Santa Claus, I question whether you actually like playing video games.
---
XBOX GT: illbzo1
Currently playing: Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Summoner - Soul Hackers, Borderlands 2
#3RineN1Posted 4/19/2013 3:47:54 PM
Placeholders! You could put junk inside and then swaped it with goodies, i have some 200 placehoders
Guess you could clear your cache and do this?
---
GT: RineN1. State you are from here before adding!
Waiting for: BioShock: Infinite(360) Playing: Terraria(XBLA) Watching: Seitokai Yakuindomo
#4youngunner2123Posted 4/19/2013 3:48:02 PM
Are you serious Broham??
---
Your arms are too short to box with GOD!!!
#5fredbeatswilmaPosted 4/19/2013 3:59:45 PM
killbot357 posted...
Really? You think Gearbox patching an exploit that only affects mass dupers and hoarders is WORSE than EA's handling of the SimCity launch? Or EA's practice of buying up fantastic series like Dead Space, turning them into generic third person shooters and cramming them full of microtransactions?

Seriously, if the only joy you get from this game is cramming your glitched bank with duped rares so you can hand them out like candy to strangers and feel like Santa Claus, I question whether you actually like playing video games.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=w8A4CoKiAsc
---
uh huh, herbal derbally berbil urbil
#6Azrael0206Posted 4/19/2013 4:03:33 PM
fredbeatswilma posted...
killbot357 posted...

http://youtube.com/watch?v=w8A4CoKiAsc

Well said
---
Assistant Manager at Foveroula and Acid's Pawn Shop
"Bro, do you even diversify?" - LordofHunters
#7Wallcrawler8878(Topic Creator)Posted 4/19/2013 4:06:50 PM
killbot357 posted...

I think Gearbox patching an exploit that adversely affected nobody, before patching actual flaws in the game that needed desperately to be addressed is right in line with the BS that EA pulls.

Its very well documented that youre basicly a selfish, elitist, unmentionable name when it comes to assisting other players online, so your shot at me helping other people out who dont have time to commit their lives to this game really affects me about as much as a cloudy day.

Fixing the bank does nothing to deter "duping". If people want to dupe, they still can through mules. It just slows it down.

I dont use my bank for duping. I used it to collect several variants of each weapon, like elemetal types, or various scopes and sights. Same with grenade mods. Or shields that have multiple different immunity types. Class mods, relics, the list goes on. Im a collector, plain and simple.

You honestly think that you can sit there, pound your chest and tell me that I cant go over the paltry bank cap without having a dupe of some kind in there? Time to wake up and smell what youre shovelling.

I find it inexcusable that GBX would patch something that affected nobody, when crap like loot falling through the floor, and people getting killed by their Zer0 teammate's love thumper explosion still exist. Dont even get me started on the tragi-comic attempt at the Mechromancer Action Skill. DT is so broken its hilarious.

There are so many horrible bugs that needed to be addressed, that adversely affect gameplay, so for them to pick this to fix is just ridiculous.

Its just another in a long line of dick moves by Gearbox of late. Their forums are open to suggestions from the players, and they are completely ignored. So yeah, GBX is right up there with EA as far as Im concerned with this game.
#8Azrael0206Posted 4/19/2013 4:09:52 PM
This thread is getting really good.
I'm adding it to favorites
---
#9xboxBUNZILLAPosted 4/19/2013 4:12:01 PM
Azrael0206 posted...

Think we got another bossfight on our hands??
---
word to the wise, turn off your BAR before you dashboard. :)
BayouJoe posted... Cool, I found the duct tape, no more interruptions from the young uns.
#10Azrael0206Posted 4/19/2013 4:13:47 PM
xboxBUNZILLA posted...
Azrael0206 posted...

Think we got another bossfight on our hands??

Nah Wallcrawlers not an idiot, or necessarily new here
Hes just mad right meow
---