Mechro - Pure Deathtrap build. Tips?

#1DegalonPosted 4/19/2013 4:54:20 PM
I've got two Mechros right now. One that has nothing to do with DT, is almost pure Anarchy plus Shock and Shield bonuses.

And then there's one that I'm playing like an engineer, focused fully on the Deathtrap. so far I got all the DT related talents in BFF, now I'm going through LBT, got shield capacity, 4 points in Gorilla Strength, and 1 point in The Stare.

So far, few questions.

1) Is Buck Up worth keeping? I mean, it DOES restore my shields, but that's precious time the enemy is wailing on DT instead of him wailing on them. But on the other hand, that shield boost has come in handy a lot.

2) What other perks would you suggest? Shock Storm? Do the "chance of shock and damage of shock" perks affect the chance and damage of the shock attacks that Deathrap causes like Make It Sparkle and Shock Storm?

3) For weapons I'm switching to slag and electric pistols and snipers, to weaken enemies while DT goes in for the kill. ANy other suggestions? I don't care about the direct damage of my guns this time around, just focusing on effects, playing a full on Engineer.
---
GT/PSN: DEGALON
Official Fuu of the Naruto Storm 3 Boards
#2CapTionisTPosted 4/19/2013 5:11:49 PM
Flame of the firehawk
---
PSN/GT: CapTionisT
You know you suck as a sidekick, Im just letting you know so that the next time you think you're bad@$$..don't do it ~ Desert Punk
#3ProcrastinaterPosted 4/19/2013 5:13:54 PM
Buck up is pointless if you're playing alone. Once you go into FFYL all DT focuses on is trying to restore your shield instead of killing something that would give you a second wind.

Shock Storm is good because whenever DT kills something it can electrocute other enemies as well.
---
Procrastinater - So Good
~*Board 8 Late Night Crew*~
#4RoketomanPosted 4/19/2013 5:19:39 PM
CapTionisT posted...
Flame of the firehawk

Also Hide of Terramorphous.
---
Christ is Lord
#5Degalon(Topic Creator)Posted 4/19/2013 5:31:03 PM
CapTionisT posted...
Flame of the firehawk

I was thinking Love Thumper, that good, too?
---
#6LaharPosted 4/19/2013 5:37:10 PM
Make it Sparkle + slag + Robot Rampage.

I've got 11/5 in Annoyed Android and DT's zipping around mowing them down.
---
It's raining
luggage and babies and limbs and Daddy doesn't come home.
#7Degalon(Topic Creator)Posted 4/19/2013 10:27:28 PM
Lahar posted...
Make it Sparkle + slag + Robot Rampage.

I've got 11/5 in Annoyed Android and DT's zipping around mowing them down.

Wouldn't those be wasted points since you would have to blow like 15 points in the rest of Anarchy just to get to those?
---
#8ProcrastinaterPosted 4/20/2013 1:05:01 AM
Make It Sparkle is in LBT and Robot Rampage is on Tier 2 of Ordered Chaos, and would cost 6 points total to activate (1 for Anarchy, 4 for Smaller, Lighter, Faster and 1 for Robot Rampage).
---
Procrastinater - So Good
~*Board 8 Late Night Crew*~
#9LaharPosted 4/20/2013 1:25:43 AM
In LBT I'm down to Make It Sparkle; in BFF got Close Enough, Cooking Up Trouble, and Upshot Robot; in OC down to Rational Anarchist. I realise most might consider Annoued Android a waste of time, but it takes advantage of my current Anarchist mod and it's working out for now.
---
It's raining
luggage and babies and limbs and Daddy doesn't come home.
#10stickboy2323Posted 4/20/2013 1:36:52 AM
Avoid all of DT's special attack skills (Buck Up included) other than Explosive Clap. You do not want him wasting his time trying to restore shields or firing his laser when he can be slicin' n dicin'. Robot Rampage is OK to take if you decide to go into Ordered Chaos but really it's not needed. Also, all 5 ranks of Shock storm are nice to have since it triggers on every DT kill.
---
Badass Rank: 0