Some fact-finding questions about DLC, for anyone willing to help

#1BloodgiftDemonPosted 4/20/2013 6:47:31 AM
Hello Fellow Vault Hunters,

I just have a few (hopefully quick, simple) questions that I was hoping to have answered. I currently only have the Upgrade Pack "DLC" (and the most recent update/patch), and I am trying to gather some information before making additional purchases.

1. Relative to the styles of BL1's DLC, what style is used for the Pirate DLC? And what style is used for the Torque DLC?

(Are they shorter like the Zombie Island DLC, or are they longer like General Knoxx DLC? Or more like the Underdome?)

2. I've read that Torque Tokens can be farmed through repeatable quests, even on Normal Mode, and that they carry over to UVHM. Is this currently accurate?

3. I only have Xbox Live Silver, so playing "while connected to Xbox Live" is mostly pointless for me. Can I disconnect from Xbox Live--without triggering any negative side-effects such as BAR reset--after starting up BL2 for the hotfix that patches the Torque DLC? Or do I need to stay connected the entire session?

(I've read that there is a glitch that spawns max level enemies during certain quests, regardless of the difficulty you're playing on and your level; currently, only a hotfix is available to address this glitch?)

4. If I were to play the Torque DLC as is without any hot fixes, how far would I be able to progress on Normal and/or TVHM before encountering level 60+ enemies due to said glitch?

(All my characters are still level 50, and I would like to explore the DLCs on a lower difficulty to familiarize myself with them, as opposed to just jumping into them on UVHM.)
#2HagiatheFoxPosted 4/20/2013 8:32:28 AM
Ive played all three dlcs and Hammerlocks is the only one to me that was a letdown. All of them are difficult at lvl 50 if you have a BAR of 1600 when you do them (as I did). Torgue' s DLC is by far my favorite if onlyfor his constant jibbering and screaming about randomness. As for the max lvl spawns its only in the repeatable barroom brawl mission that you farm for torgue tokens and only happens if youre not connected. The Scarlett's booty DLC was pretty fun IMO if only for a couple seraph weapons.
Hope this helps.
---
GT: Hagia the Fox
#3drj898Posted 4/20/2013 9:10:23 AM
HagiatheFox posted...
Ive played all three dlcs and Hammerlocks is the only one to me that was a letdown. All of them are difficult at lvl 50 if you have a BAR of 1600 when you do them (as I did). Torgue' s DLC is by far my favorite if onlyfor his constant jibbering and screaming about randomness. As for the max lvl spawns its only in the repeatable barroom brawl mission that you farm for torgue tokens and only happens if youre not connected. The Scarlett's booty DLC was pretty fun IMO if only for a couple seraph weapons.
Hope this helps.

This. I definitely agree with all of it. But what does BAR have to Do with difficulty?

That, and also keep in mind there's a seraph vendor with different loot in each DLC. So also let that play a part in a DLC you choose if you really want a certain weapon, shield, or grenade mod.
---
GT, and PSN: DrJ898