So sniping's basically useless in UVHM, right?

#31BigSai29Posted 4/21/2013 9:54:55 AM
Agreed.

Also did anyone else see Admiral Bahroo got caught cheating in his sniper video? He slowed the game down to about 5% speed. Terrible.

I lol'd. Haters must be having a field day with that one.
#32MrImpatient35Posted 4/21/2013 9:57:09 AM
and1ballr posted...
Slag is CRUCIAL is UVHM. Also, I've been destroying people, slagged or not, with my White Death sniper! I've been sniping ever since TVHM.

I should also mention that I'm using the Siren, and have Ruin, so I slag stuff all the time. Plus I have 2+5 points Into Mind's Eye, so my critical damage is high, and I have a relic that further boosts my sniper damage 30.8%
---
I have Dysarthria. It's a Speech problem. Cause of that, I rarely use my mic...rarely.
#33tony8669Posted 4/21/2013 10:03:39 AM
Panopictonguy posted...
You'd be right if this was CoD. Sadly it's not and head shots are just a crit spot not instant death due to psuedo realistic eelements.

I lol'd at someone saying a headshot not being instadeath is realistic.
#34MrImpatient35Posted 4/21/2013 10:08:48 AM
tony8669 posted...
Panopictonguy posted...
You'd be right if this was CoD. Sadly it's not and head shots are just a crit spot not instant death due to psuedo realistic eelements.

Of course it is. Everyone knows it takes 3/4 headshots to kill someone (sarcasm).
---
I have Dysarthria. It's a Speech problem. Cause of that, I rarely use my mic...rarely.
#35spfurm01Posted 4/21/2013 10:20:19 AM
tony8669 posted...
Panopictonguy posted...

pseudo realistic elements =/= realistic
---
We know Gavorn's tricks! We leave!
#36tony8669Posted 4/24/2013 10:48:32 AM
spfurm01 posted...
tony8669 posted...
Panopictonguy posted...

Let me break this down for ya.

Pseudo means fake. So "fake realism" is... pretty much this game. It's not realistic. Shields, laserguns, monsters the size of skyscrapers being shot with guns that shoot lightning, not getting killed with headshots, etc.

Anyway, I wasn't really picking on you, I just found the statement kind of funny. Whether it's realism or "pseudo-realism", a headshot from a high caliber weapon will still typically be fatal. Unless you are wearing a Pangolin shield.

Remember, if it took more than one shot, you weren't using a Jakobs!
#37PanopictonguyPosted 4/24/2013 10:56:31 AM
tony8669 posted...
spfurm01 posted...
tony8669 posted...
Panopictonguy posted...

Pseudo means fake. So "fake realism" is... pretty much this game. It's not realistic. Shields, laserguns, monsters the size of skyscrapers being shot with guns that shoot lightning, not getting killed with headshots, etc.

Anyway, I wasn't really picking on you, I just found the statement kind of funny. Whether it's realism or "pseudo-realism", a headshot from a high caliber weapon will still typically be fatal. Unless you are wearing a Pangolin shield.

You both missed the point.

Had shots in this game are not governed by the rules of reality. They only amount to increased damage. Where as in CoD most of what goes on is not very realistic as opposed to certain instances like a head shot being fatal. I.e. pseudo-realistic elements.
---
Oh, you thought they made this game for you? You clearly bought the wrong game.
#38StormWolf12Posted 4/24/2013 11:06:00 AM
Panopictonguy posted...
tony8669 posted...
spfurm01 posted...
tony8669 posted...
Panopictonguy posted...

Had shots in this game are not governed by the rules of reality. They only amount to increased damage. Where as in CoD most of what goes on is not very realistic as opposed to certain instances like a head shot being fatal. I.e. pseudo-realistic elements.

Nailed it!
#39tony8669Posted 4/24/2013 1:25:01 PM
Panopictonguy posted...
tony8669 posted...
spfurm01 posted...
tony8669 posted...
Panopictonguy posted...

I stopped caring half way through my first post.
#40Seanie1200Posted 4/27/2013 4:12:20 AM
deadlyfred posted...
StormWolf12 posted...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zzgDL3aAG-E

Sniping doesn't suck.

I think the point was that it shouldn't take 2 to 5 headshots to kill a man. The video you show is very good sniping, but several enemies are taking too many shots to down.

Still, really good vid. Subbed.

this. Headshotting should do a lot more. Ive done 996k damage headshotting ironclad lunatics and it barely registers on their health bar. I dread to think what Terramorphous will be like