Theft, Krieg and Perma-Bans

#11karmafreejackPosted 4/21/2013 7:06:37 PM
From what I can tell, he's not truly unlocked and to be able to really use him, you still need to purchase his DLC. As it is right now, you can't equip his class mods or customizations. He's more of a re-skinned Vault Hunter, than a full on playable character right now. Mostly only a preview of sorts. Bottom line? yeah it's against PS3 TOS to do what they're doing, but GBX is getting free advertising and promotion for his DLC don't you think? Besides, I think the most people that are upset about it are non PS players who can't or won't do the same. For what it's worth, I wouldn't want to try his incomplete form right now, I'd rater wait till he's ready and full when they launch him. And also pay the price of admission to further support the game.
#12spfurm01Posted 4/21/2013 7:38:03 PM
Honestly I think it's stupid that modders are flaunting him around on PS3, but I don't expect any bans. GBX shouldn't have put him in the game already if he wasn't ready for release. Sure, it doesn't make it okay to access his files early, but just because it shouldn't happen doesn't mean it won't.

Phara0hMan posted...
Gearbox gave a release date for their product, and a price.

Does Krieg have a release date set in stone yet? I've not seen anything more specific than "May 2013."
---
We know Gavorn's tricks! We leave!
#13CovenantPosted 4/21/2013 8:33:43 PM
The_Kiriyama posted...
Now, by terms and conditions, and the law in general, this is stealing.

Not even close. It's a violation of an EULA and nothing more.
#14Link43130Posted 4/21/2013 8:47:06 PM
I don't care. I don't work for Gearbox so I don't care if people are pirating content from them. I don't play Borderlands on my PS3 so I don't care about other people doing it in my game. I don't plan on buying Krieg so I don't care about the idea of other people having access to him early.

Seems simple enough.
---
Steam/XBL/PSN: Link43130
#15KellyRipyaPosted 4/21/2013 9:15:03 PM
I can't believe punishment is currently second in this poll >. <
---
All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain
GT: Althea N Hell
#16frogbongPosted 4/21/2013 11:13:23 PM
Covenant posted...
The_Kiriyama posted...
Now, by terms and conditions, and the law in general, this is stealing.

Not even close. It's a violation of an EULA and nothing more.

If something is for sale, and you manipulate it to get it for free, its theft. If you have cable, and through tampering you get extra channels for free, its theft. Just because you can do something, doesn't make it right or not a crime.

That said, it is stupid and I hate that we live in a world where theft is cool, and no one should be punished for flaunting it. Stupid.
---
Psn- XBurningAngelX 360- XIAce0fSpadesIX
#17StormWolf12Posted 4/21/2013 11:25:04 PM
Anyone who is playing Krieg should get banned from PSN.
#18AlleRacingPosted 4/21/2013 11:53:34 PM(edited)
Theft has a very precise definition in law. Hacking game files for free content would not fall under theft, but rather, copyright law.
---
http://img356.imageshack.us/img356/8325/scrunchface2copyfx0.png
http://www.xboxlc.com/cards/default/alle5.jpg
#19rest21Posted 4/21/2013 11:34:52 PM
Personally I feel they should be shot. Because it totally ruins the fun out of it for me. They get to play it before me and for free? This is video games, its serious business and should be dealt with seriously.
#20SuprSaiyanRockrPosted 4/21/2013 11:39:34 PM
rest21 posted...
Personally I feel they should be shot. Because it totally ruins the fun out of it for me. They get to play it before me and for free? This is video games, its serious business and should be dealt with seriously.

I'm going to assume you're being sarcastic and simply laugh.
---
GT/PSN: SuprSaiyanRockr
Efficiency>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Nostalgia. Always.