Theft, Krieg and Perma-Bans

#31Phara0hManPosted 4/22/2013 6:47:12 AM
You also said people sought 'justice' to distract themselves from their own moral shortcomings. That strikes me as meaning I only think the hackers should be punished because I'm trying to vilify them in an effort to ignore my own wrongdoings or ill thoughts. I can assure you that's not the case; I'm simply old fashioned, I guess, and I believe theft is wrong no matter whether its as small as stealing a Snickers or as major as having broken into someone's house and cleaned it out.

If that's not what you meant, you have my apologies, but that's sure what it sounded like to me.
---
NP: Borderlands 2 (Lv. 61 Siren), Injustice (Sinestro, Bane, Green Arrow, Flash).
#32CapTionisTPosted 4/22/2013 6:52:09 AM
2Love4Life posted...
If its as simple as I think it is ( Not going to Try It ), you just need to change 1 or 2 lines of code. But Perma-Bans won't happen ( Msoft / Sony ) will lose money.

Sadly, it is never that simple. One line change can screw up anything beyond it -_-

As for my opinion, I am probably in for a karmic crap storm. I do not care what other people did to get him, I'm paying for the guy to get my experience. All the hackers have done is further convince me that he will be hella fun. I'm not chancing my own arrest so it's like w/e to me.

I can only worry about my well-being
---
PSN/GT: CapTionisT
You know you suck as a sidekick, Im just letting you know so that the next time you think you're bad@$$..don't do it ~ Desert Punk
#33Mortuss_ZeroPosted 4/22/2013 7:58:04 AM
Uhh, is there anywhere I could see his skill trees now that this has happened? I'm buying him either way, but my curiosity is piqued.
---
Wake up and face me. Don't play dead, because maybe one day I will walk away and say "you disappoint me, maybe you're better off this way"
#34BansheeNTDmodePosted 4/22/2013 8:00:59 AM
So basically krieg is already on our discs and when we buy dlc that is the key to unlock it? Who cares if ps3 people hacked it. They did it in mvc3 with all their dlc characters
#35The_Kiriyama(Topic Creator)Posted 4/22/2013 8:30:59 AM
BansheeNTDmode posted...
So basically krieg is already on our discs and when we buy dlc that is the key to unlock it? Who cares if ps3 people hacked it. They did it in mvc3 with all their dlc characters

No, you misunderstand. It has never been on our discs, it was added in the most recent compatibility pack, to your hard drive, etc. With your other updates. It's not accesible (or shouldn't be) until you buy the pack when it releases.
---
GamerTag: TheKiriyama
Currently Playing: Battlefield 3, Borderlands 2, Dark Souls, Red Dead Redemption
#36shibulatorPosted 4/22/2013 8:42:02 AM
They should patch duping to punish us.
---
"Miracles by their definition are meaningless, only what can happen does happen."
#37SUGARASHADPosted 4/22/2013 8:51:31 AM
SuprSaiyanRockr posted...
rest21 posted...
SuprSaiyanRockr posted...
rest21 posted...
Personally I feel they should be shot. Because it totally ruins the fun out of it for me. They get to play it before me and for free? This is video games, its serious business and should be dealt with seriously.

I'm going to assume you're being sarcastic and simply laugh.

You assumed correctly. My real thoughts on it boil down to who cares. If what others do affect your own enjoyment to the point you want/demand people to be punished for it.. Well you probably have other issues to deal with that are more concerning than someone playing something before you. My two cents.

I think it's more to do with people adhering to some internal moral 'code'; same with duping, to a lesser extent.

People seek justice to distract themselves from their own moral shortcomings.

lol.. not wanting people to steal from devs means we have moral short comings? honesty you are something
---
http://www.mmafightgirls.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/10/rashad-evans.jpg
#38akantraPosted 4/22/2013 9:45:08 AM(edited)
SinisterBlade posted...
MonoxideHektik posted...
SinisterBlade posted...
Idc what they've done, or believe they should be perma-banned for doing that. Honestly because it is possible in the first place, GBX is partially at fault. They gotta own up to it. Reprisal is fine, maybe a suspension, but bans would be GBX being childish, imo.

I just want to play Krieg, this issue doesn't need a political tag attached to it; its not that big of a deal.

But the bank had the vault open for Just a minute, it's partially their fault

Oh please.

GBX should have been smart enough to not add every asset tagged to him in the code, while he is not released. Its 2013, they should have known without fail this would occur. Should they be punished, yes. GBX though cannot act like they are 100 shocked by this either though. He shouldn't have been added in his 100% playable form, that was just stupid of GBX. Not saying the haxx0rs are right, because.. no.

Saying GBX needs to be more careful with this stuff, because unfortunately, this is the world we live in.

This is almost accurate. BUT the character being modded into the game did not allow him to be fully playable. He was started out at the beginning of the game (Windshear Waste) and had all missions completed / weapons from the character people were overwriting him with. So, if the character was half way through TVHM, that's what you had completed on your mission log. Not important, but just saying...

You couldn't start a new game with him, couldn't equip his class mods, couldn't use his heads or skins, and you couldn't save any progress made with him. The character people wrote him over would revert as soon as you tried to reload.

The people that did go ahead and try him out shouldn't have taken him online. They probably shouldn't have even tried using him "for free" in the first place. But the fact of the matter is the code was made available and through modding, people figured it out.

I am almost positive i wouldn't get a truthful answer here, but what if only Xbox could "mod" him in? I could probably guarantee you that you guys would be ALL over it.

Same goes for PC. If they could, they probably would.

I sense more of a jealous fit being thrown by a bunch of people. But as the poll shows, who really cares? Most of us just want him for playing the game. The people that had "early free access" on ps3 did not get a true view of how he is, but again, they still shouldn't have done it.

Just think about what things would be like if it wasn't JUST ps3 that had this type of access. Things would be completely different.
---
I used to be a duper like you.. Until i joined the Gibbed's Save Editors
This user's PSN is marked as private
#39rest21Posted 4/22/2013 10:49:11 AM
I don't get why people are bringing morality into this or "Theft is WRONG" You're pretty much just mad you're either too much of a girl to do what is needed to play him early or just upset someone got him before you because you're a kid and such things upset your sensitive nature.

From what I gather its not even a fully fleshed out krieg. So whats the use? Take it as someone downloading a trial and deal with it.
#40StormWolf12Posted 4/22/2013 10:53:12 AM
Lol, cause girls totally don't understand save editing?

Pretty sexist, brah.