when i load my game..

#1cubegod69erPosted 4/22/2013 8:19:23 AM
Do I always start way back at the very beginning of the area I'm in?? So annoying ..
#2BansheeNTDmodePosted 4/22/2013 8:28:08 AM
Its called a checkpoint
#3cubegod69er(Topic Creator)Posted 4/22/2013 9:15:35 AM
Are the checkpoints the machines that make the game save? Are you supposed to spawn at the last one, when you load your game?
#4LaharPosted 4/22/2013 9:28:06 AM
New-U stations (the checkpoints that save) are spawning points when you die. You'll spawn at the last one activated.

When you load up your game, you'll start at the last entrance used to get to your current map. Entrances can be connections between two areas, or a Fast Travel station. So you can't load a game and start at just a New-U station.
---
It's raining
luggage and babies and limbs and Daddy doesn't come home.
#5cubegod69er(Topic Creator)Posted 4/22/2013 10:11:26 AM
Lahar posted...
New-U stations (the checkpoints that save) are spawning points when you die. You'll spawn at the last one activated.

When you load up your game, you'll start at the last entrance used to get to your current map. Entrances can be connections between two areas, or a Fast Travel station. So you can't load a game and start at just a New-U station.

Thank you! This really cleared things up for me
#6gomi182Posted 4/22/2013 11:23:41 AM
One good thing about this save methodology, is that when you get all the way to the 'end' of a long map you've hiked across on foot, you can always save/quit/reload and you're right at the beginning, able to fast travel out of there without the long trek (Sawtooth Canyon, The Forge).