First the Bank, now the Loot Midgets

#31PanopictonguyPosted 4/24/2013 7:29:42 AM
spfurm01 posted...
Interesting how hotfixes for lots of other things got announced early, but this one didn't. I suspect that decisions like this by Gearbox will place more and more players down the path of modding.

Although in all honesty this doesn't surprise me. Why fight raid bosses on UVHM when you can kill loot midgets easier?

Why play the game when you can farm chest and cardboard boxes non-stop?
---
Oh, you thought they made this game for you? You clearly bought the wrong game.
#32Android21APosted 4/24/2013 7:41:53 AM
spfurm01 posted...
Interesting how hotfixes for lots of other things got announced early, but this one didn't. I suspect that decisions like this by Gearbox will place more and more players down the path of modding.

Although in all honesty this doesn't surprise me. Why fight raid bosses on UVHM when you can kill loot midgets easier?

I would farm the bosses if they didn't drop garbage every time. I mostly just kill them for fun but I don't have twenty hours a week to farm, especially when I have a backlog of games I haven't touched.
---
Will you take the Rocket Launcher?
>Yes No
#33ROFLMEOWPosted 4/24/2013 8:04:02 AM
Android21A posted...
I would farm the bosses if they didn't drop garbage every time. I mostly just kill them for fun but I don't have twenty hours a week to farm, especially when I have a backlog of games I haven't touched.

This. The only loot-splosion boss I've ever seen drop any oranges is the Warrior, and he only drops the Conference Call. I once got a Baby Maker from Mad Dog, way before the level cap increase, but that's it. I got all my other oranges from the Leviathan's treasure chamber and all my pearls from the LLMs at WEP.

I've killed Pyro Pete fifteen times, and have never gotten an orange from him. Every time I kill him, he drops multiple Big Boom Blasters and Hoplites (which I never even use), along with a bunch of lesser stuff. I've even solo killed Voracidous a couple of times, but nothing good there either.

Hey Gearbox: Why even bother putting that awesome rare loot in the game if apparently you don't want us to have it?
---
"NOOOOO!!! How will I juggle?!"
#34Kpt_KapowskiPosted 4/24/2013 8:09:40 AM
Panopictonguy posted...
spfurm01 posted...

why waste time and effort fighting terribly designed bullet sponges for little to no reward when you can get the loot you want in ways that don't require you to play with people or be a masochist?
---
Borderlands 2 BAR: 85633 --- Beware the Lag!
#35blacklabel357Posted 4/24/2013 8:11:26 AM
If you don't have xbox live gold, but still signed on, will the server hot fix take effect still?
---
Xbox live gamertag - TheurgicWraith
#36FullMetalMegaPosted 4/24/2013 9:10:01 AM
Hardline-Gaming posted...
i just checked i got a 2 loot widgets one dropped bs other dropped legendary psycho mod(61)

Is there anyway I can get or dupe that from you?
---
GT: Dark Guardian88
3DS FC: 1375-7986-1634
#37MyGoodPosted 4/24/2013 9:12:56 AM
gearbox wants us to go play something else.
i respectfully submit
---
---
Evolution works in mysterious ways
#38SolidStryderPosted 4/24/2013 9:59:04 AM
TheAnalogKid06 posted...
Gearbox really needs to stop catering to all the whiney entitled neck beards on the Gearbox forums and actually fix glitches that need to be fixed. You know, like the glitches that actually do ruin peoples games. Who honestly gets upset that some people are farming legendary loot midgets or have infinite bank space?

Jesus, so many dorito crumbs flew out of stormwolfs beard as he shook with rage reading this
#39WretchedOwlPosted 4/24/2013 10:04:33 AM
SuprSaiyanRockr posted...
To put it bluntly, I wouldn't be bothered by this so much if GB addressed actual problems first.

If they patch the treasure room before they fix the Mothrakk loot disappearing act, then I'll know for sure that they're simply dicking with us.

I can agree with this.... They'd rather make it harder for us to get gear than fix annoying little problems like that. And the fact that half of the time, my ravager doesn't auto-reload anymore. Sitting here trying to pull the triggers on an empty mag and the gun is just sitting there. It wouldn't be a problem if I wasn't playing a Gunzerker with Inconceivable and 5 Shots or 6 maxed out. I shouldn't have to look down to the bottom of my screen to check if my mag is empty, then press X to reload. FIRST WORLD PROBLEMS.

And then there's also the fact that half the time when I'm running somewhere, I'll just randomly get stuck on nothing. And the whole jumping into games and needing to be kicked because your character didn't load properly... blah blah blah.

Honestly, I could go on. And on. With a list of s*** that should've been fixed before this. Because those things put a hindrance on gameplay, and are just plain annoying. But hey, lets make the loot harder to get.

I still haven't gotten a single thing from Pete in UVHM.
---
Some doors are best left closed, because once open, they're easy to walk through again and again.
-- GT: Wretched Owls
#40PanopictonguyPosted 4/24/2013 10:08:18 AM
Kpt_Kapowski posted...
Panopictonguy posted...
spfurm01 posted...

why waste time and effort fighting terribly designed bullet sponges for little to no reward when you can get the loot you want in ways that don't require you to play with people or be a masochist?

They're there for the challenge, not the loot. there is the other 99% of the games content both optional and mandatory that has LOOT.

You sound like a casual right now KPT. The victory is your reward not the ultra rare yellow tinted shinies that have a chance to not drop.
---
Oh, you thought they made this game for you? You clearly bought the wrong game.