What is the appeal to seraph weapons/equipment?

#1Sniper_BrosefPosted 4/23/2013 9:22:09 PM
I'm still kind of green when it comes to Borderlands and I only just bought the DLC a couple weeks ago. I've been farming Pete at 61 for some time now and I keep getting Hoplite shields and different versions of a O-negative grenade. I also snagged a Big Boom Blaster and a Fabled Tortoise, but I digress... What is the purpose to seraph items and their associated crystals?

P.S. Why did I find a lvl. 60 legendary hunter class mod that is better than a lvl.61?!
---
Detroit Sports Rule!!! - Millen is gone forever!!!!!!!!!!
R.I.P. Keith.....I loved you man.....you will be sorely missed.
#2KellyRipyaPosted 4/23/2013 9:29:04 PM(edited)
Evolution shield and meteor shower grenade mod are the only worthwhile seraphs imo, snag those when you can, the rest is pretty mehh

Oh and the Interfacer shotgun I guess, I don't have Hammerlock tho
---
All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain
GT: Althea N Hell
#3AlleRacingPosted 4/23/2013 9:27:57 PM
Class mods have a range of what bonuses they can offer. A top end level 60 mod can outdo a low end level 61 mod.
---
http://img356.imageshack.us/img356/8325/scrunchface2copyfx0.png
http://www.xboxlc.com/cards/default/alle5.jpg
#4Sniper_Brosef(Topic Creator)Posted 4/23/2013 9:28:36 PM
KellyRipya posted...
Evolution shield and meteor storm grenade mod are the only worthwhile seraphs imo, snag those when you can, the rest is pretty mehh

Is the Evolution shield better than Alkaline The Bee? I farmed what's his name for a long time to get this version of the bee so I could resist acid from Pete...
---
#5hybrid_5tigmataPosted 4/23/2013 9:29:43 PM
The hawkeye sniper is badass also
---
Current GT: Wet 8 Year Old
Thank you Based God
#6KellyRipyaPosted 4/23/2013 9:30:46 PM(edited)
Sniper_Brosef posted...
KellyRipya posted...
Evolution shield and meteor storm grenade mod are the only worthwhile seraphs imo, snag those when you can, the rest is pretty mehh

Is the Evolution shield better than Alkaline The Bee? I farmed what's his name for a long time to get this version of the bee so I could resist acid from Pete...

For keeping you alive, yes much better

Hawkeye is another I can't use without Hammerlock :(
---
All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain
GT: Althea N Hell
#7SinisterBladePosted 4/23/2013 9:33:48 PM
KellyRipya posted...
Evolution shield and meteor shower grenade mod are the only worthwhile seraphs imo, snag those when you can, the rest is pretty mehh

Oh and the Interfacer shotgun I guess, I don't have Hammerlock tho

Yes! That 84% is wonderful in UVHM. Also dont get me started on the Meteor Shower. I <3 those nades soo much.

Interfacer is pretty good, and I enjoy the Hawkeye too. An 18.3%+ Big Boom Blaster is very nice for Axton as well.
---
What is a man?!
A miserable little pile of secrets!
#8Sniper_Brosef(Topic Creator)Posted 4/23/2013 9:36:37 PM
Does Pete drop all these weapons you guys are talking about? This sniper has me intrigued since I'm an assassin class...
---