Alright! A Neutralising Hornet!

#11PingPong5361Posted 4/24/2013 6:11:42 AM
3CDED posted...
PingPong5361 posted...
And I hate it when Brits imply that we're still speaking the Queen's English. We've made changes and we like them. Welcome to the 21st Century mate :)

Then please call it americanese and not English lol.

tbh the thing that pisses me off the most is the complete butchery of car names. being a car enthusiast i at least attempt to correctly pronounce a cars name regardless of what country its from.

words like Coupe vary depending on where the car is from. american coupes are pronounced Coop but in europe theres an accent over the E to make it Coopay.

makes like Jaguar get F***ing ruined by americans to. why do you put a W in it? i don't see one.

Oh I would change the name if I could my friend. But for now, I have no control of this, though I do prefer to call it American English myself.

As for Jaguar, we say it like it how it would be said if you follow the rules of other words with the "ua" sound in it. You don't pronounce quarter "q-you-orter", you pronounce it "core-ter". Thus, "Jag-War" is born. However, if you turn the "war" sound in to "wire" like most Americans do, I'll smack you regardless of what country you're from.

I'll be the first to admit that most of my fellow Americans absolutely butcher language in general. It seems nobody is skilled in verbal communication nowadays. Hell, during the media coverage of the Boston bombings I heard various newscasters say "Doctor's had to perform several amputees" and I just about s*** a brick. I mean FFS, you perform an amputation, thus making your patient an amputee.
---
Guess who brought a jet to a gunfight?
#12ZardoZsaysPosted 4/24/2013 6:32:33 AM
3CDED posted...
PingPong5361 posted...
And I hate it when Brits imply that we're still speaking the Queen's English. We've made changes and we like them. Welcome to the 21st Century mate :)

Then please call it americanese and not English lol.

tbh the thing that pisses me off the most is the complete butchery of car names. being a car enthusiast i at least attempt to correctly pronounce a cars name regardless of what country its from.

words like Coupe vary depending on where the car is from. american coupes are pronounced Coop but in europe theres an accent over the E to make it Coopay.

makes like Jaguar get F***ing ruined by americans to. why do you put a W in it? i don't see one.

Brits butcher their own language well enough. There is only one group of english speakers who are difficult to understand, they would be the English. I don't have any trouble deciphering Aussies, Auks, South Africans, Canadians, Nigerians, Indians or Phillipinos... Yet half of the traditional brittish accents are like listening to a mangled cassette tape of a marbles in the mouth choir.

If you don't like how we pronounce our native cats, eat it. You are the one trying to butcher that word.

P.S. Classicly trained Brits are the exception, we all want to sound like Captain Picard.
#13ZardoZsaysPosted 4/24/2013 6:39:58 AM
"makes like Jaguar get F***ing ruined by americans to. why do you put a W in it? i don't see one."

Also if you are gonna go on a language rant, you may want to put more brain cells into your posts, I count at least 8 grammar and spelling errors in this one line.

here you go
"Makes like Jaguar get f***ing ruined by Americans too. I don't see a 'W', why would you put one in it?"
#14killbot357Posted 4/24/2013 6:57:33 AM
It's a known fact anyone who attempts to correct someone's spelling or grammar on a message board will make at least one mistake of his own.

In addition, English spoken by Americans is already called American English. Not the Queen's English. Americans aren't 'ruining' the Queen's English. Americans are using American English.
---
XBOX GT: illbzo1
Currently playing: Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Summoner - Soul Hackers, Borderlands 2
#15SuprSaiyanRockr(Topic Creator)Posted 4/24/2013 6:58:03 AM
Guys... I'm Australian. I'm only half British.

Also, I like where this thread has gone. It amuses me.
---
GT/PSN: SuprSaiyanRockr
Efficiency>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Nostalgia. Always.
#16SuprSaiyanRockr(Topic Creator)Posted 4/24/2013 7:00:14 AM
Argyle_Gargoyle posted...
SuprSaiyanRockr posted...
*picks up*

Damnit, Tediore scope.

happened to me too. i got a close quarters hornet the other day. i was thinking "oh, this will be great for zer0. ah ****. a tediore scope." *trash*

If it's any consolation, it probably wouldn't help much for a melee zero. Best to use a Rapier or evisceration rubi for damage or survivability respectively.
---
#17SuprSaiyanRockr(Topic Creator)Posted 4/24/2013 7:14:56 AM
One thing I would like to say is that no-one says 'shrimp on the barbie' here.

We call shrimp 'prawns', and I've never seen anyone barbeque a prawn before.
---
#18Argyle_GargoylePosted 4/24/2013 7:51:50 AM
Pvt-Spoon posted...
*picks up*

Damnit, Tediore scope.

happened to me too. i got a close quarters hornet the other day. i was thinking "oh, this will be great for zer0. ah ****. a tediore scope." *trash*

What's up Argyle ? ... you jumped in just in time for the second revolutionary war. lol.

i see. limeys vs. muricans it is. taking all bets. im giving 3 to 1 on the muricans.
---
Crazy? Crazy with low prices on Wind Brahmin. You buy one!!
#19killbot357Posted 4/24/2013 12:50:03 PM
We already kicks the Brits' asses in WW2. Well CHEER-I-O, let's do it again!
---
XBOX GT: illbzo1
Currently playing: Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Summoner - Soul Hackers, Borderlands 2
#20stickboy2323Posted 4/24/2013 1:34:04 PM
Pvt-Spoon posted...
*picks up*

Damnit, Tediore scope.

What's up Argyle ? ... you jumped in just in time for the second revolutionary war. lol.

i see. limeys vs. muricans it is. taking all bets. im giving 3 to 1 on the muricans.

Well, there are way more of us than there are of them.
---
Badass Rank: 0