So... is it cool to not spend your BA tokens or something?

#1WretchedOwlPosted 4/24/2013 11:20:55 AM
Every time I watch a video they always scroll over to the last column and have a ridiculous number of unspent tokens.

Is there some magic secret as to why you don't spend them? Just curious.

And thats right, Storm. I just watched your video.
---
Some doors are best left closed, because once open, they're easy to walk through again and again.
-- GT: Wretched Owls
#2xboxBUNZILLAPosted 4/24/2013 11:22:52 AM
Bar is a crutch, you didn't know??
---
word to the wise, turn off your BAR before you dashboard. :)
BayouJoe posted... Cool, I found the duct tape, no more interruptions from the young uns.
#3WretchedOwl(Topic Creator)Posted 4/24/2013 11:26:27 AM
That would take away like half of the fun of the game in my opinion. I never bothered with the challenges in BL1 cause they didn't do anything. Now that they give bonus stats, I actually actively pursue them.
---
Some doors are best left closed, because once open, they're easy to walk through again and again.
#4Phara0hManPosted 4/24/2013 11:34:57 AM(edited)
WretchedOwl posted...
That would take away like half of the fun of the game in my opinion. I never bothered with the challenges in BL1 cause they didn't do anything. Now that they give bonus stats, I actually actively pursue them.

The challenges in BL1 gave you great XP if you went after them as early as possible. I usually wound up severely over leveled because of grinding them out early. As a bonus, you were jacking up proficiencies in the process.

---
NP: Borderlands 2 (Lv. 61 Siren), Injustice (Sinestro, Bane, Green Arrow, Flash).
#5Pvt-SpoonPosted 4/24/2013 11:34:36 AM
Uberness ?
---
A pessimist is just an optimist with more experience.
#6danishjuggler21Posted 4/24/2013 11:34:42 AM
I spend them, and I'm the coolest guy that plays this game. You got an umbrella? Cause it's raining cold hard facts up in here!
---
XBOX Live Gamertag: danishjuggler03
"I refuse to quote myself in my signature - I've always thought people who do that are lame." - danishjuggler21
#7terabientPosted 4/24/2013 11:35:34 AM
If you're doing videos showing off a build it's best to turn off BAR to remove any bonuses that might skew the results. Basically it shows that the build/equipment doesn't need an outside buff to be effective.

Also some stats can be detrimental to you. A shorter shield recharge delay is harmful if you're running a melee build, having a lot of health makes the health gate mechanic less useful, etc.
---
What everyone needs to do is calm down, take a deep breath, and prepare their bodies for the Thunderdome.
GT: janejana
#8WretchedOwl(Topic Creator)Posted 4/24/2013 11:39:50 AM
terabient posted...
If you're doing videos showing off a build it's best to turn off BAR to remove any bonuses that might skew the results. Basically it shows that the build/equipment doesn't need an outside buff to be effective.

Also some stats can be detrimental to you. A shorter shield recharge delay is harmful if you're running a melee build, having a lot of health makes the health gate mechanic less useful, etc.

I suppose so, but you can just not take those stats very high. As long as they're at least 4% you won't get the freezing glitch. And what's 4% on a shield that has like a 5 sec delay? Nothing. Barely makes a difference. And I get the health gate thing I guess, but that's hardly worth passing up an endless percentage of gun damage, crit damage, recoil reduction, fire rate, reload speed, etc. I guess its just my opinion.

And the videos I'm talking about didn't have the stats turned off, I'm talking like 200+ unspent tokens.
---
#9tony8669Posted 4/24/2013 11:44:08 AM
Since you can just turn the bonuses off (should you want to, like for testing DPS on a build), there's really no reason to NOT spend them.

Smoke em if you got em.
#10WretchedOwl(Topic Creator)Posted 4/24/2013 11:46:46 AM
tony8669 posted...
Since you can just turn the bonuses off (should you want to, like for testing DPS on a build), there's really no reason to NOT spend them.

Smoke em if you got em.

precisely my point, which is why I made this thread.
---