So... is it cool to not spend your BA tokens or something?

#11Jambi_ManPosted 4/24/2013 11:51:29 AM
danishjuggler21 posted...
I spend them, and I'm the coolest guy that plays this game. You got an umbrella? Cause it's raining cold hard facts up in here!

Word to your mother.
---
Would you like to do battle with a Brony riding piggyback on a Rabid Stalker? If the answer is no, you are sad, and I've no desire to speak with you further.
#12outcast1398Posted 4/24/2013 11:54:30 AM
Probably went for awhile without spending them and now even the thought of taking the time to apply them is unbearable :)
#13WretchedOwl(Topic Creator)Posted 4/24/2013 11:57:32 AM
outcast1398 posted...
Probably went for awhile without spending them and now even the thought of taking the time to apply them is unbearable :)

After getting my BAR reset and restored 3 times now, over 200 tokens is nothing.
---
Some doors are best left closed, because once open, they're easy to walk through again and again.
-- GT: Wretched Owls
#14Pvt-SpoonPosted 4/24/2013 12:03:38 PM
3 times now ? .... damn sucks.
---
A pessimist is just an optimist with more experience.
#15tony8669Posted 4/24/2013 12:06:01 PM
WretchedOwl posted...
precisely my point, which is why I made this thread.

Well for the video he's doing it without bonuses so nobody can say "oh you had it easy because your bonuses are blah blah blah blah".

This way, he does it vanilla, and doesn't have to worry about it.

As for why they're unspent instead of turned off... no idea.
#16MarsillioPosted 4/24/2013 12:10:03 PM
WretchedOwl posted...

I suppose so, but you can just not take those stats very high. As long as they're at least 4% you won't get the freezing glitch.

I had the freezing glitch with the lowest stats at 10%. One other was 15% and the rest were 19%+.
---
Capcom won't see another damn cent from me until Mega Man Legends 3 is released.
#17terabientPosted 4/24/2013 12:59:26 PM
outcast1398 posted...

Probably this. :P

Well, that and the game tries to force you to spend points evenly, so while theoretically you should only spend tokens on the stats you want to increase, in practice you will end up putting a fair amount into stats you want to keep as low as possible.

Also, I think the bonuses from BAR are applied unevenly, in the sense that some stats will benefit more from BAR than others. Like, the melee damage bonus from BAR would need to be outrageously high to have a significant effect on damage output. I'm not sure how the other stat bonuses are applied, but I feel like shield recharge delay becomes noticeable once it hits 15%. I've put as many points as possible into recoil reduction but I still can't see a difference with high-recoil guns. :(

I guess the point is, for some people BAR is going to feel like more trouble than it's worth. For most players it's just a nice bonus but I can see why some don't care.
---
What everyone needs to do is calm down, take a deep breath, and prepare their bodies for the Thunderdome.
GT: janejana
#18StormWolf12Posted 4/24/2013 1:11:44 PM
BAR is mad stupid. They don't let you distribute the points unevenly.

I, for example, didn't want any points in shield recharge delay. Now, the only options it offers me are max health and shield recharge delay.

So I just don't mess with that garbage.