Best shields for Deathtrap (Sharing is Caring)

#1DegalonPosted 4/24/2013 5:03:27 PM
GO.

SO far, i'd been gathering Love Thumper (high offense, crap defense so he does a ton of damage but goes down quicker)

Spike Shields

Maylay Shields

Flame of the Firehawk didn't seem to ever produce Novas for him.

What would you suggest besides Love Thumper?
---
GT/PSN: DEGALON
Official Fuu of the Naruto Storm 3 Boards
#2RineN1Posted 4/24/2013 5:06:22 PM
I put a Big Boom Blaster, extra chances of getting grenades and missiles
---
GT: RineN1. State you are from here before adding!
Waiting for: BioShock: Infinite(360) Playing: Terraria(XBLA) Watching: Seitokai Yakuindomo
#3fredbeatswilmaPosted 4/24/2013 5:08:35 PM
Hide of terra is pretty good.
---
uh huh, herbal derbally berbil urbil
#4WiiLover94Posted 4/24/2013 5:09:07 PM
The Hide of Terramorphous was working pretty well for me and Deathtrap.
---
"He never saw Molly again."
XBL GT: Hellcamino420 - Currently Replaying: Borderlands 2/ Injustice: Gods Among Us
#5gunsndrosesPosted 4/24/2013 5:11:35 PM
Dat Hide
---
Halo 4 was the best Call of Duty.
#6PunkNeverDiesPosted 4/24/2013 5:24:02 PM(edited)
I really like Hide of Terra and Black Hole.

I like the Black Hole for its shockiness and control. It clusters everyone together and disrupts the battlefield.

If I'm going down the shock tree, the Black hole is the clear winner. If I'm going Anarchy / BFF, then I usually go with the Hide.
---
GT: PNDMike
#7LordRavielPosted 4/24/2013 5:25:04 PM(edited)
There are 3 that stand out to me.

Hide of Terra is a great all around shield with a big melee buff, spikes, a nova and decent capacity and recharge for taking hits.

Sham is nice for defense since DT can pretty easily deal with Melee attackers but tends to die fast in big fire fights due to all the gunfire coming his way.

Love Thumper is risky as it pretty much costs you your shield and makes Deathtrap deadly to you and your allies but on a BFF/LBT pure deathtrap build he will absolutely destroy anything he can melee especially if you shoot him with Slag fir Make it Sparkle. Just be sure to avoid all of his 1 point skills that grant extra attacks as they greatly reduce his Damage output with this shield.
---
Playing: Borderlands 2 and Final Fantasy XI
#8GreatGatsby37Posted 4/24/2013 6:36:33 PM
I put on the Whiskey Tango Foxtrot for it's shock damage, but be careful you don't get hit yourself, that shield is wild
#9KellyRipyaPosted 4/24/2013 7:20:49 PM
Do you put the shield you want him to wear on right before you call him out? I haven't unlocked this skill yet for him, wondering how to get around actually wearing the same shield as him. Can I put the shield on I want him for him, call him out so he'll be wearing it and then switch right out of it? Or do I have to wear it the whole time he does for it to stick?

Sorry if this doesn't make sense >. <
---
All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain
GT: Althea N Hell
#10SinisterBladePosted 4/24/2013 7:36:42 PM
KellyRipya posted...
Do you put the shield you want him to wear on right before you call him out? I haven't unlocked this skill yet for him, wondering how to get around actually wearing the same shield as him. Can I put the shield on I want him for him, call him out so he'll be wearing it and then switch right out of it? Or do I have to wear it the whole time he does for it to stick?

Sorry if this doesn't make sense >. <

Its whatever you happen to be rocking while hes flying amok. Essentially its just like your shield, he gets a precise copy. Not sure how BAR fits into that though.
---
What is a man?!
A miserable little pile of secrets!