Drop rates being reduced

#1SaintFC_Posted 4/24/2013 11:59:37 PM
http://www.examiner.com/article/borderlands-2-legendary-loot-drop-rate-might-be-decreased-with-upcoming-update

So those of us that don't grind all day are being punished because of no lifers that do.

F*** you Gearbox, the original Borderlands is looking better and better every day.
---
'The average age of the UK gamer is 28'
"Role-Playing Games are not about role-playing!" -sunbro1
#2PanopictonguyPosted 4/25/2013 12:04:48 AM
I thought llm just weren't spawning at all. And they are targeting exploiters. I'm sure they were trying to experiment with their spawn/drop rates on Docs order quest but accidentally stopped them from spawning all together.

People already saw this coming. The community keeps latching onto exploits abs making it " the way to play." That's why these things keep getting patched.
---
Oh, you thought they made this game for you? You clearly bought the wrong game.
#3SinisterBladePosted 4/25/2013 12:06:15 AM
GBX is yet another modern development crew who only care about fixing perceived exploits, while most of the harmful bugs and fatal flaws go unchecked and ignored. Essentially they repeatedly give the fans the finger. Which fuels us to keep looking for loopholes. Example: Sal can still do the unlimited Vladof ammo trick while gunzerking.
---
What is a man?!
A miserable little pile of secrets!
#4fredbeatswilmaPosted 4/25/2013 12:38:06 AM
I wouldn't look too much into the link. There are threads where they are looking into enemies with 0 drop rate. They may hot fix loot midgets rates on doctors orders but at the same time fix doc mercy.

Who knows? Maybe things will be better. Just be patient. Even if they do something you don't like just dupe or get gibbed. They won't fix that for sure.
---
uh huh, herbal derbally berbil urbil
#5biohazard151Posted 4/25/2013 12:52:25 AM
Well, get in as much LLM's as you can til then, if it happens.
---
"What is great in man is that he is a bridge and not an end"
#6JrsBeanz03Posted 4/25/2013 1:00:03 AM
I wouldn't trust examiner when it comes to BL2 news, since their wrong half the time or they word their articles wrong.

Anywho, to clarify what GBX is actually doing. Is that their simply looking at the spawn rates of legendary loot midgets, that spawn in those four boxes outside Bloodwing' room in WEP.

Since people are 'abusing' the Doctors Orders quest to get them to spawn so frequently. That's all. Though, when ever this hotfix for the LLM does go live, tHe drop rates for loot will still be the same. So you guys have nothing to worry about.
#7gunsndrosesPosted 4/25/2013 3:46:20 AM
It's a shame, too, with how awfully they handled loot in this game.

You have negligible chances of finding legendaries in chests, and instead you're forced to tediously spawn and fight the same damn bosses over and over?

You're right, TV; BL1 is looking better and better. I remember when I could actually find legendaries in chests.. It'd always give me inspiration to play- knowing that I could get my oranges and pearls without wasting my days farming for them...
---
Halo 4 was the best Call of Duty.
#82Love4LifePosted 4/25/2013 3:47:25 AM
I believe everything I read on the internet....
---
Video Game Challenges:
Treat Everyday as your last because tomorrow may never come.
#9gunsndrosesPosted 4/25/2013 3:47:25 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#10SinisterBladePosted 4/25/2013 4:05:35 AM
Nice STP, or STdP?

I also miss the variety. The small fixed pool for variants of each weapon is a massive downgrade from the previous title.
---
What is a man?!
A miserable little pile of secrets!