Poll: How you feel about the LLM getting patched

#11WretchedOwlPosted 4/25/2013 10:48:04 AM
Panopictonguy posted...
BigSai29 posted...
It was ok to use Doctor's Orders to get Jimmy Jenkins before UVHM rolled out. Now that it is farmable, it must get nerfed because I don't like the way you play.

People didn't spend Weeks farming jimmy non-stop. not to mention "item of the day" thread primarily consist of "what I got from midgets today post."

I guess they could change the name of the game to Midgetlands abs make the entire have a corridor full of cardboard boxes. The walls still be Cyan, Yellow, & purple for extra enjoyment.

I'm honestly a little shocked that people farm them this much. I'll go days at a time without even touching them because having to run through the WEP to get there is a bit of a daunting task. I farmed them a bit when UVHM first came out, but not much since then. I really only use them for gearing halfway through UVHM when I first get to the preserve. Do a few runs, gain some levels, get some new gear, and move on.
---
Some doors are best left closed, because once open, they're easy to walk through again and again.
-- GT: Wretched Owls
#12tony8669Posted 4/25/2013 10:54:27 AM
I always have to laugh at the "they should patch other things", as if they're sitting on a huge chest full of bug fixes, and just fix the ones they feel like fixing.
#13PanopictonguyPosted 4/25/2013 10:57:41 AM
killbot357 posted...
WretchedOwl posted...
killbot357 posted...
I'd rather Gearbox patch the most common duping methods (dropping all items, dashboarding) before exploits like LLM spawning in the WEP.

But I don't really care either way.

As far as I know, its impossible for them to fix this shy of making the entire game serverside.

And I agree with TC, there's way more stuff that actually NEEDS fixed, like the stupid little bugs that make some gameplay really annoying. They'll overlook this in a heartbeat, but as soon as someone finds an easy way to get gear, they're bringing down the hammer Auchwitz style.

Two pretty easy fixes would be autosave on item drop, or making it impossible for others to pick up items you've dropped.

It wouldn't cut out duping entirely, but would cut down on the "Jump into Sanctuary, unload all items, dashboard out" style of duping.

That said, I'm not as against it as I was a few months ago. I'm still not into duping, but I only get annoyed about it when people beg for items.

My saves are on a Flash Drive. load game, remove card, drop inventory, quit.

I just duped my inventory. Duping can only be stopped by serverside gaming or removing trading.
---
Oh, you thought they made this game for you? You clearly bought the wrong game.
#14PanopictonguyPosted 4/25/2013 10:59:34 AM
Timeonious posted...
The major thing i see here is that farming LLM doesn't hurt anyone else, but by riding the game of the bug the people who want legendaries are gonna have to work for it. I play this game for fun not work.

Also on the duping issue, personally i am fine with it. My friend and I play a lot together and the fact that Pete can drop an item but only one of us can have it annoys me. That being said i don't like beggers too much.

You're playing a game of chance, there's a chance you'll never get a certain item ever.

Why play a game of chance looking for guarantees?
---
#15Timeonious(Topic Creator)Posted 4/25/2013 11:02:26 AM
Panopictonguy posted...
Timeonious posted...
The major thing i see here is that farming LLM doesn't hurt anyone else, but by riding the game of the bug the people who want legendaries are gonna have to work for it. I play this game for fun not work.

Also on the duping issue, personally i am fine with it. My friend and I play a lot together and the fact that Pete can drop an item but only one of us can have it annoys me. That being said i don't like beggers too much.

You're playing a game of chance, there's a chance you'll never get a certain item ever.

It's not really a huge game of chance. I would like hours of farming to pay out eventually. Like in Bl1 my friend had probably close to 20 days played looking for a pearl and never found one till someone duped him one.

I'm not asking a LLM to drop every item every run or even close, just a legitimate loot source. Having to farm X boss a hundred times to get 1 items it a huge pain.
---
XBL: Timeonious | Steam ID: Timeonious
White FC: 5415 0091 7431
#16killbot357Posted 4/25/2013 11:05:55 AM
Panopictonguy posted...
killbot357 posted...
WretchedOwl posted...
killbot357 posted...
I'd rather Gearbox patch the most common duping methods (dropping all items, dashboarding) before exploits like LLM spawning in the WEP.

But I don't really care either way.

As far as I know, its impossible for them to fix this shy of making the entire game serverside.

And I agree with TC, there's way more stuff that actually NEEDS fixed, like the stupid little bugs that make some gameplay really annoying. They'll overlook this in a heartbeat, but as soon as someone finds an easy way to get gear, they're bringing down the hammer Auchwitz style.

Two pretty easy fixes would be autosave on item drop, or making it impossible for others to pick up items you've dropped.

It wouldn't cut out duping entirely, but would cut down on the "Jump into Sanctuary, unload all items, dashboard out" style of duping.

That said, I'm not as against it as I was a few months ago. I'm still not into duping, but I only get annoyed about it when people beg for items.

My saves are on a Flash Drive. load game, remove card, drop inventory, quit.

I just duped my inventory. Duping can only be stopped by serverside gaming or removing trading.

Making it impossible to pick up items others have dropped would be a better choice, if Gearbox actually cared.
---
XBOX GT: illbzo1
Currently playing: Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Summoner - Soul Hackers, Borderlands 2
#17PanopictonguyPosted 4/25/2013 11:09:42 AM
WretchedOwl posted...
Panopictonguy posted...
BigSai29 posted...
It was ok to use Doctor's Orders to get Jimmy Jenkins before UVHM rolled out. Now that it is farmable, it must get nerfed because I don't like the way you play.

People didn't spend Weeks farming jimmy non-stop. not to mention "item of the day" thread primarily consist of "what I got from midgets today post."

I guess they could change the name of the game to Midgetlands abs make the entire have a corridor full of cardboard boxes. The walls still be Cyan, Yellow, & purple for extra enjoyment.

I'm honestly a little shocked that people farm them this much. I'll go days at a time without even touching them because having to run through the WEP to get there is a bit of a daunting task. I farmed them a bit when UVHM first came out, but not much since then. I really only use them for gearing halfway through UVHM when I first get to the preserve. Do a few runs, gain some levels, get some new gear, and move on.

That's most likely the reason they started working on a patch. They can probably see player data via shift along with the forum post about all the awesome loot find via farming LM 4hrs a day.

They have is a 3rd repeatable playthrough, how many people are actually repeating UVHM? It's like we got a new G.I. Joe doll and only play with the hat...
---
#18regornamPosted 4/25/2013 11:10:59 AM(edited)
Panopictonguy posted...
BigSai29 posted...

Congratulations! You've just won the "Inexplicably Relentless Gearbox Defender of the All Time" award! Your gold Claptrap statue is on its way, and as a special gift, all your gear will be permanently reset to Level 1, to make your BL2 experience THAT MUCH MORE HARDCORE! SUCK IT CASUALS!
---
XBL GT: Ogami Itto
#19PanopictonguyPosted 4/25/2013 11:17:39 AM
Timeonious posted...
Panopictonguy posted...
Timeonious posted...

It's not really a huge game of chance. I would like hours of farming to pay out eventually. Like in Bl1 my friend had probably close to 20 days played looking for a pearl and never found one till someone duped him one.

I'm not asking a LLM to drop every item every run or even close, just a legitimate loot source. Having to farm X boss a hundred times to get 1 items it a huge pain.

It's a game of chance, that's what loot games are. The color code is for rarity. The more rare something is the less likely you are to see. almost 100% Chance you went see it.

The only time farming pays off in a loot driven game is for cash & experience. Everything else is up to chance.
---
#20Timeonious(Topic Creator)Posted 4/25/2013 11:21:11 AM
Panopictonguy posted...
Timeonious posted...
Panopictonguy posted...
Timeonious posted...

It's a game of chance, that's what loot games are. The color code is for rarity. The more rare something is the less likely you are to see. almost 100% Chance you went see it.

The only time farming pays off in a loot driven game is for cash & experience. Everything else is up to chance.

You're missing what I am saying. LLM do not change the fact that it is still chance, it just makes it more accessible for casuals. Without LLM you have to find the particular boss and farm him like you would a LLM.

The only difference is with LLM is that you have a higher chance of find A rare item but not THE rare item you want. LLM is not a good source to farm, say, a CC but is a good play for people who play more casually (and collect like myself) to try and get them.
---
XBL: Timeonious | Steam ID: Timeonious
White FC: 5415 0091 7431