Poll: How you feel about the LLM getting patched

#21PanopictonguyPosted 4/25/2013 11:21:31 AM
regornam posted...
Panopictonguy posted...
BigSai29 posted...
It was ok to use Doctor's Orders to get Jimmy Jenkins before UVHM rolled out. Now that it is farmable, it must get nerfed because I don't like the way you play.

People didn't spend Weeks farming jimmy non-stop. not to mention "item of the day" thread primarily consist of "what I got from midgets today post."

I guess they could change the name of the game to Midgetlands abs make the entire have a corridor full of cardboard boxes. The walls still be Cyan, Yellow, & purple for extra enjoyment.

Congratulations! You've just won the "Inexplicably Relentless Gearbox Defender of the All Time" award! Your gold Claptrap statue is on its way, and as a special gift, all your gear will be permanently reset to Level 1, to make your BL2 experience THAT MUCH MORE HARDCORE! SUCK IT CASUALS!

I don't have to defend gearbox it's their hands they can do what the **** they want with it. If you want easy access to the extra content you'll take there patches and like it.
---
Oh, you thought they made this game for you? You clearly bought the wrong game.
#22PanopictonguyPosted 4/25/2013 11:25:36 AM
Timeonious posted...
Panopictonguy posted...
Timeonious posted...
Panopictonguy posted...
Timeonious posted...
The major thing i see here is that farming LLM doesn't hurt anyone else, but by riding the game of the bug the people who want legendaries are gonna have to work for it. I play this game for fun not work.

Also on the duping issue, personally i am fine with it. My friend and I play a lot together and the fact that Pete can drop an item but only one of us can have it annoys me. That being said i don't like beggers too much.

You're playing a game of chance, there's a chance you'll never get a certain item ever.

Why play a game of chance looking for guarantees?

It's not really a huge game of chance. I would like hours of farming to pay out eventually. Like in Bl1 my friend had probably close to 20 days played looking for a pearl and never found one till someone duped him one.

I'm not asking a LLM to drop every item every run or even close, just a legitimate loot source. Having to farm X boss a hundred times to get 1 items it a huge pain.

It's a game of chance, that's what loot games are. The color code is for rarity. The more rare something is the less likely you are to see. almost 100% Chance you went see it.

The only time farming pays off in a loot driven game is for cash & experience. Everything else is up to chance.

You're missing what I am saying. LLM do not change the fact that it is still chance, it just makes it more accessible for casuals. Without LLM you have to find the particular boss and farm him like you would a LLM.

The only difference is with LLM is that you have a higher chance of find A rare item but not THE rare item you want. LLM is not a good source to farm, say, a CC but is a good play for people who play more casually (and collect like myself) to try and get them.

Farming & Casual do not go in the same sentence. Rare loot is not suppose to be easier to acquire. Everything can drop everything except uniques. Your increased odds for loot come from bosses. If you wanna just play casually, play casually. Gearbox just wants people to play the game they created. Shortcutting to max level and exploiting a quest for easy rare droos is not what they want.

You noticw they gave us a infinitely repeatable play through?
---
#23killbot357Posted 4/25/2013 11:36:04 AM
I wonder if people who whine about Gearbox patching exploits also complain you can't use a rocket launcher when playing chess.
---
XBOX GT: illbzo1
Currently playing: Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Summoner - Soul Hackers, Borderlands 2
#24danishjuggler21Posted 4/25/2013 11:38:26 AM
killbot357 posted...
I wonder if people who whine about Gearbox patching exploits also complain you can't use a rocket launcher when playing chess.

Wait, wait, wait.... Back up. Are you implying that some people play chess WITHOUT rocket launchers?!

My god, some people are BORING.
---
XBOX Live Gamertag: danishjuggler03
"I refuse to quote myself in my signature - I've always thought people who do that are lame." - danishjuggler21
#25danishjuggler21Posted 4/25/2013 11:42:09 AM
Panopictonguy posted...

Farming & Casual do not go in the same sentence. Rare loot is not suppose to be easier to acquire. Everything can drop everything except uniques. Your increased odds for loot come from bosses. If you wanna just play casually, play casually. Gearbox just wants people to play the game they created. Shortcutting to max level and exploiting a quest for easy rare droos is not what they want.

Did you never farm Crawmerax in BL1? The dude dropped 5-6 oranges every time you killed him. I was under the impression that everyone thought that was AWESOME.
---
XBOX Live Gamertag: danishjuggler03
"I refuse to quote myself in my signature - I've always thought people who do that are lame." - danishjuggler21
#26drake_skullPosted 4/25/2013 11:44:03 AM
For one thing, it can be nearly as hard to get to the LLM's as it is to fight a named boss. You have to go through at the very least 4 Pestilence Stalkers, usually at least 1 Rabid Enemy, At least 1 Ultimate Badass Stalker and Loader(though I have been seeing 2 UBA Loaders more often), about half my recent runs Pimon and Tumba have decided to come in while clearing the first room. Then you have to go through at least 2 UBA skags to get to the LLM's which unless they are all Gun loaders or unshielded engineers its a tough fight to kill them depending on your equipment. The reward is worth the effort, instead of removing them they could push more UBA enemies between you and the loaders to make it more challenging.

More importantly though why are they bothering with these little things when major bugs still exist in the game?
---
"If your going to ask someone to save the world, make sure they like it the way it is"
http://www.youtube.com/user/Drakeskull23
#27killbot357Posted 4/25/2013 11:46:14 AM
danishjuggler21 posted...
killbot357 posted...

Wait, wait, wait.... Back up. Are you implying that some people play chess WITHOUT rocket launchers?!

My god, some people are BORING.

I just delete the patch that removed rocket launchers and play chess offline, it's my game and I'll play how I want!
---
XBOX GT: illbzo1
Currently playing: Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Summoner - Soul Hackers, Borderlands 2
#28PanopictonguyPosted 4/25/2013 11:49:23 AM
Panopictonguy posted...

Did you never farm Crawmerax in BL1? The dude dropped 5-6 oranges every time you killed him. I was under the impression that everyone thought that was AWESOME.

he'd drop 3 ammo regen guns, a bulldog and maybe a Firehawk, Defiler, or Hellfire. The color of the loot didn't matter I've always liked certain specific guns. These guns that I listed were not my favorites and I could have done without them.

I fought Craw because it was fun trying to beat him solo and with my local coop buddy. When I played online and people jumped in with invincible shields and instakill shotguns I didn't find that fun at all.

I played BL on all 3 platforms. getting easy legendary gear was the least if my concern.
---
#29PanopictonguyPosted 4/25/2013 11:52:08 AM
drake_skull posted...
For one thing, it can be nearly as hard to get to the LLM's as it is to fight a named boss. You have to go through at the very least 4 Pestilence Stalkers, usually at least 1 Rabid Enemy, At least 1 Ultimate Badass Stalker and Loader(though I have been seeing 2 UBA Loaders more often), about half my recent runs Pimon and Tumba have decided to come in while clearing the first room. Then you have to go through at least 2 UBA skags to get to the LLM's which unless they are all Gun loaders or unshielded engineers its a tough fight to kill them depending on your equipment. The reward is worth the effort, instead of removing them they could push more UBA enemies between you and the loaders to make it more challenging.

More importantly though why are they bothering with these little things when major bugs still exist in the game?

Corrosive BeeHawk
Unkempt Hawk

isn't that the uniform loadout now? I'm pretty sure it's not hard getting to the midgets.

Also I'm almost certain they can patch multiple things at once. At least that's what the patch notes make it look like.
---
#30spfurm01Posted 4/25/2013 12:51:26 PM
Panopictonguy posted...

Legendaries are handled differently in BL2. They were much more common but also much more varied, usually you would be farming for a better version of a legendary you had. Legendaries had either a lighter orange or darker orange color to indicate their quality

In BL2 the differences between legendaries is much smaller. There's not a "gun quality" scale any more because gun materials are tied to rarity 90% of the time, so aside from your grip/sight/accessory there's not much that (statwise) changes. Instead of farming to get better versions of a gun you have, you're farming to get one at all.
---
We know Gavorn's tricks! We leave!