Poll: How you feel about the LLM getting patched

#31PanopictonguyPosted 4/25/2013 12:01:12 PM
spfurm01 posted...
danishjuggler21 posted...
Panopictonguy posted...

Farming & Casual do not go in the same sentence. Rare loot is not suppose to be easier to acquire. Everything can drop everything except uniques. Your increased odds for loot come from bosses. If you wanna just play casually, play casually. Gearbox just wants people to play the game they created. Shortcutting to max level and exploiting a quest for easy rare droos is not what they want.

You noticw they gave us a infinitely repeatable play through?

Did you never farm Crawmerax in BL1? The dude dropped 5-6 oranges every time you killed him. I was under the impression that everyone thought that was AWESOME.

Legendaries are handled differently in BL2. They were much more common but also much more varied, usually you would be farming for a better version of a legendary you had. Legendaries had either a lighter orange or darker orange color to indicate their quality

In BL2 the differences between legendaries is much smaller. There's not a "gun quality" scale any more because gun materials are tied to rarity 90% of the time, so aside from your grip/sight/accessory there's not much that (statwise) changes. Instead of farming to get better versions of a gun you have, you're farming to get one at all.

Problem #1

Legendary is recognized as the only rarity. You didn't say gear generation is handled differently, yet what you talk about specifically relates to gear generation. let's not forget the other 6 rarities which all are considered "loot."

maybe they should just make all guns different shades of yellow. Then we can have 100 million legendary guns.
---
Oh, you thought they made this game for you? You clearly bought the wrong game.
#32danishjuggler21Posted 4/25/2013 12:09:20 PM
Oh, stop trying to pretend that white and green gear is anything more than vendor trash.
---
XBOX Live Gamertag: danishjuggler03
"I refuse to quote myself in my signature - I've always thought people who do that are lame." - danishjuggler21
#33brokenfingersPosted 4/25/2013 12:33:25 PM
I've asked this before, but hell: why do they want to fix everything that someone might use that doesn't hurt anyone, but repeatedly refuse to fix real problems like resets?
---
For me, that philosophy reduces itself to: "I'm on board; pull up the lifeline."--Ebert on Rand
#34killbot357Posted 4/25/2013 1:39:17 PM
brokenfingers posted...
I've asked this before, but hell: why do they want to fix everything that someone might use that doesn't hurt anyone, but repeatedly refuse to fix real problems like resets?

Because fixing a spawning exploit may be as simple as changing a single line of code, whereas tracking down the BA reset glitch and fixing it may be far more complex.

Or it could be assigned to different teams.

Or patching exploits could be seen as higher priority by management, since it affects the game's economy.
---
XBOX GT: illbzo1
Currently playing: Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Summoner - Soul Hackers, Borderlands 2
#35PensatoPosted 4/25/2013 2:02:27 PM
killbot357 posted...
or making it impossible for others to pick up items you've dropped.

It wouldn't cut out duping entirely,

Yeah, fix it by taking out a mechanic that would make co-op more annoying for most players while doing almost nothing to stop the issue. On top of all the crying it would cause it wouldn't dent the dup trade much at all, because it would still be easier and faster to doup than fram.

This is why developers should never listen to gamers, most don't know wtf they're talking about. More so for Gearbox since they already have a hard enough time not ****ing up their own games as is.
#36fredbeatswilmaPosted 4/25/2013 2:09:04 PM
Have an existing quest mechanic that spawns loot midgets on a regular basis. Introduce new mechanic of legendary loot midgets with good drop rates.

Problem can't be foreseen.

Voted I don't care but I still find it laughable.
---
uh huh, herbal derbally berbil urbil
#37drake_skullPosted 4/25/2013 2:42:44 PM
killbot357 posted...
brokenfingers posted...

Because fixing a spawning exploit may be as simple as changing a single line of code, whereas tracking down the BA reset glitch and fixing it may be far more complex.

Or it could be assigned to different teams.

Or patching exploits could be seen as higher priority by management, since it affects the game's economy.

This game has an economy? Really? When did that happen? Its more like they are trying to force people to play the game as an MMO type of game(using Raid bosses and the prime example of this, also reduced drop rates for solo play). So no, there is no Economy, more like they are trying to make us play the game in the way they want the game to be played, not solo, not easy to get loot, online with others to take down the raid bosses. Many things have been broken since launch, DT still tries to restore enemies shields(skill doesnt affect them now but he still uses it on them). DT will randomly stand there and not do anything, many glitches with Gunzerker skills, And plenty of other BS that they could have patched.

Instead what gets patched are exploits and weapon combos the community uses more than others(Bee Nerf, Evil Smasher, Lower drop rate for Loot Midgets. I can only imagine the Treasure Room Exploit is on the list of things to fix, except it gives people a reason to buy the otherwise unimpressive Pirate DLC which is probably why it is still around because frankly that DLC is not good otherwise. They are probably also trying to find a way to patch out the Bee working like pre-nerf bee with Explosive multi pellets and Fibber. See, its not about fixing whats wrong with the game, its about getting the community to play the way they envision it being played.

Frankly if the current patching trend keeps up you will end up not being able to solo raid bosses(or any named boss for that matter), and anything above common Blues will not drop solo because what Gearbox seems to fail to realize is the common Casual(COD kids are best example of this) will always take the easiest route, whether its Duping, glitching/expoiting, or Modding to get the things they want in the game, by taking these methods away that casual will stop playing. COD has the right idea(unfortunately), when they hand down a nerf the thing getting nerfed half the time doesnt really change, but the more hardcore players get a Placebo nerf effect. Gearbox needs to take a page out of their book and stop trying to force the community into a singular play style. Not everyone has the time or patience to kill a boss 200-1000 times to get all the Legendaries/skins/heads he has to offer so having an easy out like the LLM's or Treasure room will keep the casuals playing. I so far have had the same luck with the LLM's farming for Pearls as Craw give or take, so the drop rates are on Par. I got a bajillion E Tech Relics, a couple legendaries and 2 pearls so far. Maybe someone should compile a complete list of bugs(and if relevant how to trigger them if that can be determined) and spam the official forums with that so they can see what is wrong and fix it instead of focusing on these minor non-issues.

The simple solution to the LLM's I think would be simply add all E Techs to their loot pool, Legendaries and Pearls will drop less this way.
---
"If your going to ask someone to save the world, make sure they like it the way it is"
http://www.youtube.com/user/Drakeskull23
#38MarsillioPosted 4/25/2013 3:44:46 PM
Why does Gearbox want to make acquiring every piece of high end gear a tedious chore? Video games are supposed to be fun.
---
Capcom won't see another damn cent from me until Mega Man Legends 3 is released.
#39curtlandPosted 4/25/2013 4:23:38 PM
I'm fine with it, and I think people are flipping out over nothing.

Get a grip people.
---
Only idoits can't spell.
#40SuprSaiyanRockrPosted 4/25/2013 5:10:24 PM
Panopictonguy posted...
regornam posted...
Panopictonguy posted...
BigSai29 posted...
It was ok to use Doctor's Orders to get Jimmy Jenkins before UVHM rolled out. Now that it is farmable, it must get nerfed because I don't like the way you play.

People didn't spend Weeks farming jimmy non-stop. not to mention "item of the day" thread primarily consist of "what I got from midgets today post."

I guess they could change the name of the game to Midgetlands abs make the entire have a corridor full of cardboard boxes. The walls still be Cyan, Yellow, & purple for extra enjoyment.

Congratulations! You've just won the "Inexplicably Relentless Gearbox Defender of the All Time" award! Your gold Claptrap statue is on its way, and as a special gift, all your gear will be permanently reset to Level 1, to make your BL2 experience THAT MUCH MORE HARDCORE! SUCK IT CASUALS!

I don't have to defend gearbox it's their hands they can do what the **** they want with it. If you want easy access to the extra content you'll take there patches and like it.

Honestly man, I can't help but smile at your posts. You're a funny guy.

You should work as a PR consultant.
---
GT/PSN: SuprSaiyanRockr
Efficiency>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Nostalgia. Always.