Starting Zer0 for the first time, any advice?

#1Flame_Hound173Posted 4/25/2013 4:07:38 PM
So, after looking around the topics here, and watching StormWolf12's videos, I've decided to jump on the melee Zer0 bandwagon. However, like the title states, I've never played Zer0 until now, and already I've noticed that he's a pretty different playstyle compared to the other characters. Granted, everyone's style is different, but I digress.

Anyway, if people could give me some advice on Zer0, that would be appreciated. Even if you haven't played melee Zer0, any advice on the character would help.
---
-"A pessimist is what an optimist calls a realist."
#23sixchambersPosted 4/25/2013 4:19:11 PM
Wait a week or so and play as Krieg instead
#3Jambi_ManPosted 4/25/2013 4:21:29 PM
Get to execute as fast as you can. It will give you all important range when performing melee attacks. Also, an execution strike deals more damage than regular melee.

Try to get good at activating deception, and waiting till the very end of the timer to execute.... massive damage.

I'd recommend using a good close range Shotty, for use after those executions. You'll be nice & close to the action, and it will be very effective. I use a Ravager.

Get a rapier, switch to it for executions.

And then there's the Rubi. Melee/shoot with it for health regen.

Those are a few basic tips! Have fun, my favorite character by far.
---
Would you like to do battle with a Brony riding piggyback on a Rabid Stalker? If the answer is no, you are sad, and I've no desire to speak with you further.
#4DethuliPosted 4/25/2013 4:52:30 PM
Spec into Critical Ascenti0n, and be sure to take any and all critical hit perks. You might be tempted to use a sniper rifle, but you actually want to use a caustic infinity. Hold RT until everything dies. Also, play rad rad techno music while playing--it makes Zer0 kill better.
---
Got a minute? You might learn something.
#5Jambi_ManPosted 4/25/2013 4:57:16 PM
Dethuli posted...
Spec into Critical Ascenti0n, and be sure to take any and all critical hit perks. You might be tempted to use a sniper rifle, but you actually want to use a caustic infinity. Hold RT until everything dies. Also, play rad rad techno music while playing--it makes Zer0 kill better.

Lmfao...

So you also saw the "greatest zero player ever" video. That guy was BOSS
---
Would you like to do battle with a Brony riding piggyback on a Rabid Stalker? If the answer is no, you are sad, and I've no desire to speak with you further.
#6StormWolf12Posted 4/25/2013 6:29:51 PM
Dethuli posted...

That video is almost as bad as one of those discovery channel biker shows.
#7MTGxerxesPosted 4/25/2013 7:17:42 PM
For PT1, you're better off going with the sniping tree IMO, so it depends if you're the normal way up to 61 or getting power leveled up there.
---
Youtube: MTGXerxes. Pokemon DP, Mega Man 1-6, X, X4, Breath of Fire 1-2, Magic 2013, etc.
Gamertag: MtG Xerxes --- Gamestop Manager
#8StormWolf12Posted 4/25/2013 7:19:41 PM
MTGxerxes posted...
For PT1, you're better off going with the sniping tree IMO, so it depends if you're the normal way up to 61 or getting power leveled up there.

Your opinion is wrong. Cause math.
#9StormWolf12Posted 4/25/2013 7:20:02 PM
@OP, feel free to PM me any specific questions you have.
#10InfinityZEROPosted 4/25/2013 8:19:40 PM
Yeah StormWolf knows what he is talking about.
---
"Learn the lesson that George Lucas fails to learn: despite the fact that you created this series, it doesn't belong in your hands." Langis on Sonic