Quick Favor, Rate the Greed.

#11MattheauPosted 4/27/2013 4:21:43 AM(edited)
3/10

That's assuming you get a good one, too.

The movement gimmick is nice. If it wasn't elemental, it would be a good weapon. However, Greed's damage is actually really terrible for a unique. It's basically a bad green Jakobs (a green Jakobs with good parts is better than an optimized Greed) with a the worst possible elemental proc a pistol is capable of. The fact the elemental part takes such a huge chunk out of Greed's damage hurts it way more than that proc will ever help you.

If you like the gimmick, then you don't have much choice other than Greed and it isn't the worst weapon in the game by any means. However, damage wise, it isn't remotely competitive. Now, if you sit there and constantly fire critical hit after critical hit, then it will put out damage very fast. However, using a generic Jakobs would do far, far more damage if you were doing that, even giving Greed the benefit of the doubt and assuming you only fight flesh enemies.
#12spfurm01Posted 4/27/2013 6:12:11 AM
Falloutgenuis posted...
I think Rex is better. I haven't tried the unforgiven yet.

unforgiven is garbage.

I'd say it's worse than the stalker.
---
We know Gavorn's tricks! We leave!
#13EX_KoakumaPosted 4/27/2013 6:16:47 AM
spfurm01 posted...
Falloutgenuis posted...
I think Rex is better. I haven't tried the unforgiven yet.

unforgiven is garbage.

I'd say it's worse than the stalker.

>Stalker
>bad

pffffff-

That's a good one.
---
http://puu.sh/2EUyC
#14AlleRacingPosted 4/27/2013 6:37:21 AM
The Stalker is bad. It was the worst pearl in the first game, and easily the worst pearl in this game. It would be okay if not for the horrendous accuracy, but I'll take a purple Vladof pistol over it every time. It's basically a slightly better Madhous!
---
http://img356.imageshack.us/img356/8325/scrunchface2copyfx0.png
http://www.xboxlc.com/cards/default/alle5.jpg
#15pweidmanPosted 4/27/2013 6:54:22 AM
Greed is underpowered but very fun to use. Maybe perfect for a siren or Zero on Normal and TVHM a bit. 7.5/10
---
GT= PWEID5
#16K_MAC445Posted 4/27/2013 6:58:35 AM
I have a perfect two fer greed and its my main fire weapon on my siren. I'd rate it quite high considering I use it over the hellfire and a multitude of other good fire weapons I have.
---
"if you can chainbs well then putting on hornets is like giving Michael Phelps arm floats" -Dex_Pyromaniac
GT: RANNOK445
#17EX_KoakumaPosted 4/27/2013 7:13:30 AM
AlleRacing posted...
The Stalker is bad. It was the worst pearl in the first game, and easily the worst pearl in this game. It would be okay if not for the horrendous accuracy, but I'll take a purple Vladof pistol over it every time. It's basically a slightly better Madhous!

Probably because I pretty much exclusively use Maya, but I've never had the accuracy and projectile speed be a problem. The high damage and fire rate means it's gonna drop big enemies almost instantly, leaving the only issue being ammo. And with a Blood of the Ancients, that's hardly an issue.

I guess it just fits my play style more, because I fell in love with it the second I used it.

Just don't try to kill Stalkers with it.
---
http://puu.sh/2EUyC
#18MonoxideHektikPosted 4/27/2013 7:28:44 AM
Apparently aiming down the sights with an 11/5 expertise axton using the greed is faster than running
---
How is making money be illegal. - JDM_Jev
I am topic killer. GT: Chrizwald---MW3, Rock Band 3
#19StormWolf12Posted 4/27/2013 4:16:29 PM(edited)
Mattheau posted...
3/10

The movement gimmick is nice. If it wasn't elemental, it would be a good weapon. However, Greed's damage is actually really terrible for a unique. It's basically a bad green Jakobs (a green Jakobs with good parts is better than an optimized Greed) with a the worst possible elemental proc a pistol is capable of. The fact the elemental part takes such a huge chunk out of Greed's damage hurts it way more than that proc will ever help you.

If you like the gimmick, then you don't have much choice other than Greed and it isn't the worst weapon in the game by any means. However, damage wise, it isn't remotely competitive. Now, if you sit there and constantly fire critical hit after critical hit, then it will put out damage very fast. However, using a generic Jakobs would do far, far more damage if you were doing that, even giving Greed the benefit of the doubt and assuming you only fight flesh enemies.

Wow. So much wrong. The Greed does more damage against flesh targets on crits than any other jakobs weapon, plus it has a super high fire rate. The Greed is great, if you're fighting flesh enemies. The elemental proc doesn't matter at all, because DoT is useless. What matters is that it has the Jakobs critical equation, and then gets the fire elemental multiplier versus flesh, which can then be boosted by a fire relic. Fire relics are calculated like slag, a flat multiplier at the end at the end, resulting in massive damage increase. Also, if combined with slag, it will do crazy damage. It's a great weapon for the Hammerlock DLC and other flesh heavy areas.

Don't give people such terrible information.
#20ProdigalDragon(Topic Creator)Posted 4/27/2013 5:27:56 PM
StormWolf12 posted...
Mattheau posted...
3/10

However, using a generic Jakobs would do far, far more damage if you were doing that

The Greed does more damage against flesh targets on crits than any other jakobs weapon, plus it has a super high fire rate. What matters is that it has the Jakobs critical equation, and then gets the fire elemental multiplier versus flesh

Also, if combined with slag, it will do crazy damage. It's a great weapon for the Hammerlock DLC and other flesh heavy areas.

Thanks for clearing that up. For a second I was wondering if I seriously didn't know how to play the game. Greed performs well for me.

Like I said earlier... Terra mod = more fire damage and chance. Zerker Gunlust alone at gives me Pistol damage, reload speed, pistol reload, crit damage, Money Shot!!! (400%).... I mean the tree seems built for Jackobs.

So I thought the combo worked well. I appreciate all opinions. Thanks!
---
The Prodigal Dragon