Why is everyone against modded items?

#1NightmareNigntPosted 4/27/2013 4:14:38 AM
Why should people care about what other people do if it doesn't affect them directly? I don't see how it ruins your gameplay if someone else uses them in their game. If you have people that join and use them it's as simple as kicking them. I'm lost as to why everyone whines and complains at the first mention of it. I'm aware of the incoming storm that's brewing just curious as to why.
#2H_Panic22Posted 4/27/2013 4:19:49 AM
NightmareNignt posted...
Why should people care about what other people do if it doesn't affect them directly? I don't see how it ruins your gameplay if someone else uses them in their game. If you have people that join and use them it's as simple as kicking them. I'm lost as to why everyone whines and complains at the first mention of it. I'm aware of the incoming storm that's brewing just curious as to why.

Because reasons. Now go home, casual. You're drunk on entitlement.
---
Gamertag= H Panic22
#3NightmareNignt(Topic Creator)Posted 4/27/2013 4:24:32 AM
H_Panic22 posted...
NightmareNignt posted...

Thanks for reminding of another question. Why is anyone who uses modded stuff a casual? I've done everything without it multiple times why am I one now? Is it the fact I want to still play Borderlands but growing bored because nothing left to do so I use modded stuff to make it fun again? Or is it that you haven't reached that point yet?
#4MattheauPosted 4/27/2013 4:25:22 AM
Modders caused player saves to become corrupted and wiped. There have been all sorts of other major issues in Borderlands 1 and Borderlands 2 as a result of modders, as well.

If the modders only played amongst themselves, no one would care. If they didn't cause any additional problems beyond being a bunch of e-peen measuring scrubs, they would be a minor annoyance. That isn't the case. Numerous people have their save files irreparably damaged due to modders in both Borderlands 1 and Borderlands 2. It's not surprising people don't like them, especially when the main argument for it is "It's my game, I'll do what I want."
#5Azrael0206Posted 4/27/2013 4:32:19 AM
Mattheau posted...
Modders caused player saves to become corrupted and wiped. There have been all sorts of other major issues in Borderlands 1 and Borderlands 2 as a result of modders, as well.

If the modders only played amongst themselves, no one would care. If they didn't cause any additional problems beyond being a bunch of e-peen measuring scrubs, they would be a minor annoyance. That isn't the case. Numerous people have their save files irreparably damaged due to modders in both Borderlands 1 and Borderlands 2. It's not surprising people don't like them, especially when the main argument for it is "It's my game, I'll do what I want."

Idk man
I kinda miss graveyard.sav
Kind of added a risk factor to playing ;P
---
Assistant Manager at Foveroula and Acid's Pawn Shop
"Az, you are a mother f****** wordsmith" - Chuckleswood
#6SolidStryderPosted 4/27/2013 4:36:36 AM
NightmareNignt posted...
H_Panic22 posted...
NightmareNignt posted...

Thanks for reminding of another question. Why is anyone who uses modded stuff a casual? I've done everything without it multiple times why am I one now? Is it the fact I want to still play Borderlands but growing bored because nothing left to do so I use modded stuff to make it fun again? Or is it that you haven't reached that point yet?

It's because you're not farming 18 hours a day, casual.
#73CDEDPosted 4/27/2013 4:41:02 AM
the problem is they aren't modders.

they are stupid kids using someone elses mod software with no idea how to do anything properly.
---
Resident GFAQS Lamborghini Sympathiser
http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8455/7893178522_b49c0e106d_b.jpg https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sLSZZEJvCks
#8NightmareNignt(Topic Creator)Posted 4/27/2013 4:46:19 AM
Mattheau posted...

That has happened to me. That was a mistaken when that happened and there were some modders that were able to repair the damage if it wasn't too late. Things that do affect other peoples games and game saves makes sense as to why people dislike that but not everyone does that some people just like using modded gear and what not.
#9NightmareNignt(Topic Creator)Posted 4/27/2013 4:47:26 AM
SolidStryder posted...
NightmareNignt posted...
H_Panic22 posted...
NightmareNignt posted...

It's because you're not farming 18 hours a day, casual.

I use to. Until recently... :P
#10spfurm01Posted 4/27/2013 6:10:51 AM
Mattheau posted...

Modders are also part of the reason that there is so much "perfect" gear running around. Anyone who's ever duped or received dupes or even traded has probably dealt with items that felt a modder's touch.
---
We know Gavorn's tricks! We leave!