Why is everyone against modded items?

#31NightmareNignt(Topic Creator)Posted 4/27/2013 4:27:43 PM
curtland posted...
I'm no Gearbox super fan boy but that logic is insane.

You don't blame the CAR MANUFACTURER if you decide to drive like a lunatic and end up causing an accident.

"Well, it's their fault for making the car that allowed me to do it!"

No... it's really not. You're the one that decided to start screwing around with it.

It's like the built a hidden self destruct button though.
#32curtlandPosted 4/27/2013 4:31:25 PM
MAYBE... but they're not forcing anyone to hit it.

In fact, they basically TELL everyone not to.

If you tell someone not to touch a hot stove because they'll get hurt and they do it anyway and end up getting burned, you aren't at fault. The dumb ass that touched the hot stove is.
---
Only idoits can't spell.
#33PanopictonguyPosted 4/27/2013 4:52:37 PM
NightmareNignt posted...
fredbeatswilma posted...
Graveyard.sav wasn't created by modders. It was in the mod program as as code that gearbox left in called isbadassmode. People using gibbed selected the option on and it caused graveyard.sav.

It's really a case of pandora's box. Who do you blame? The people that made it or the person who opened it.

I say both.

You learn something new everyday. One of the modders that repaired one of my saves said it was a modders creation. If what you said is true it's both party's fault.

It was Gearbox's creation but the.modders fault it turned into an outbreak. If they toyed around with it in private games or solo it would have never spread.

They say they mod to have fun and extend the life of the game. It's odd they don't consider their modding fun unless they can do it publicly online. Most, not all though.

This is basically their mentality.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WyvbFMGmImg&feature=youtube_gdata_player
---
Oh, you thought they made this game for you? You clearly bought the wrong game.
#34fredbeatswilmaPosted 4/27/2013 5:41:05 PM
curtland posted...
I'm no Gearbox super fan boy but that logic is insane.

You don't blame the CAR MANUFACTURER if you decide to drive like a lunatic and end up causing an accident.

"Well, it's their fault for making the car that allowed me to do it!"

No... it's really not. You're the one that decided to start screwing around with it.

That's not really an accurate comparison. It would be more like there is a part in the engine that if people tampered with that would make the car explode and others cars when you wreck into it. If you left it alone it would be fine though.

Except there is no warning by said manufacturer. Why would the manufacturer leave the part in the engine when they know people will mess with the engine? Why should people mess with the engine part when they don't know what is does?
---
uh huh, herbal derbally berbil urbil
#35Oni SeraphPosted 4/27/2013 5:48:24 PM
MAYBE... but they're not forcing anyone to hit it.

In fact, they basically TELL everyone not to.

If you tell someone not to touch a hot stove because they'll get hurt and they do it anyway and end up getting burned, you aren't at fault. The dumb ass that touched the hot stove is.

Except in programing leaving a hot stove to touch does make you at fault. Who's fault was it when the "hot coffee" mod was made? Assets left in game that shouldn't be used, shouldn't have been left there in the first place. All of it could've been avoided had a single person highlighted all of it and hit delete, it probably took more resources to get it how it was.

It was Gearbox's creation but the.modders fault it turned into an outbreak. If they toyed around with it in private games or solo it would have never spread.

They say they mod to have fun and extend the life of the game. It's odd they don't consider their modding fun unless they can do it publicly online. Most, not all though.

This is basically their mentality.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WyvbFMGmImg&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Modders didn't do anything script kiddies did. Any real modder would've either left it alone or ran tests on it solo to see what it did. Hell the real modders had fixes ready before GBX.

I'm lost as to why everyone whines and complains at the first mention of it.

Its an easy question to answer, because modders can do things they want to do with a couple keystrokes while it takes them hours. They should just kick them, avoid them, if need be report them and then move on. Its not like you can easily spot good modders anyways.
---
Oni Seraph: Be humble on your path.
You have nothing to prove to anyone, not even yourself. Trust yourself, always.
#36PanopictonguyPosted 4/27/2013 6:13:04 PM
@Oni you're right. I sometimes lump them together but I don't mean to. I know the people parading Krieg around in public games weren't the people from Se7en Sins who discovered him. I also know the people who started all the massive loot giveaways aren't modders in tge literal sense. I can't think of a word for them...other than idiots. I guess I'll just go with that.
---
Oh, you thought they made this game for you? You clearly bought the wrong game.
#37xBallyhooxPosted 4/27/2013 6:35:14 PM
The modding community is the reason everyone has the answers they need in this game. Those of us who know what they're doing directly help everyone by testing, building, and understanding what works and doesn't within the game.

I mod but I never bring unnatural equipment, exploits, ect into the gaming environment. I also pride myself in the amount of knowledge I have about equipment in this game, and I use said knowledge to help whoever I can.

This game is six months old, those of that are still here are either new or love this game to death so just leave it alone people.
#38OkamiCloud7Posted 4/28/2013 12:02:41 AM
NightmareNignt posted...
OkamiCloud7 posted...
let me ask you this TC

what fun do you get with a modded weapon or gear?

shields that never deplete?
weapons that do such insane damage that you 1 one-shot everything?
without modded weapons. i get what i always love. a challenge with friends.
i have to worry about getting ganged on. shield depletion. not doing enough damage which makes me farm or get better weapons or shields. better strategies. leveling up anything like that.

personally through a friend of mine on xbox who uses mods. I've used modded gear and i cant find the interest in them. the only thing they are good for is farming at the least. killing that one notorious monster in 30 seconds beats doing it in 10.

hes dared me to use them because he swore i would LOVE modded gear and i'd never go back. after a day. i tossed them and put my old save in with my hard work into it. felt more accomplished. dont get me wrong im sure i havent farmed NEAR as long as 95% of those on gamefaqs but im proud at what i did farm and with how difficult it was. loved it

i think i make a decent point as to why people dont like mods. i tried both sides and just didnt like god mode. its for farming or to blaze through the game to get to your fave farming spots quickly. or when your REALLY bored. you just wanna mow stuff down for a few.

I've only started to use modded gear recently. I do enjoy a challenge so I don't always use it. When I'm feeling generous or just destroying everything that looks at me. I do. It's helpful in some situations as you mentioned farming would be a good example. One thing I use a modded shield I have to do is to help me spawn Vermi. It can be hell trying to run around with 5/6 BA or SBA Varkids trying to hit you since I'm a siren (90% of the time) Im not a big tank. Even then they can take down the 4Mil Shield. Apart from farming, PLing or trying to rush through the main story quickly. I don't use that often. My friends use them all the time. Which can kill the game for them and is, partly why I don't use them all the time. Did I answer your question?

yep alot calmer the most. i was actually expecting you to cuss me out somehow LOL. gamefaqs and all xD but i agree... popped vermi 4 times... out of many attempts and deaths... lol...
---
your like sugar with boobs. Reading your posts gives me diabetes. _mimi_
#39Epic_McDudePosted 4/28/2013 1:37:53 AM(edited)
bobisking125 posted...
Mattheau posted...
Modders caused player saves to become corrupted and wiped. There have been all sorts of other major issues in Borderlands 1 and Borderlands 2 as a result of modders, as well.

That's bs and you know it. Players saves become corrupted because THEY abuse the mods and don't know what they're doing. Modders don't corrupt saves and aren't out to break our games. Get over it and if you don't like mods, don't use them.

Your post is self contradictory. Modding the game was done by modders, and the saves didn't up and screw themselves over. Graveyard.sav was the perfect example of people who don't know what they're doing messing it up for everyone.

You are an idiot and that's all that needs to be said. Plan and simple, the end.

Edit:

Also, this:

the problem is they aren't modders.

they are stupid kids using someone elses mod software with no idea how to do anything properly.

'Tis the truth.

---
"Fight for them, then, and die for their sins!" -Dracula, Castlevania: Symphony of the Night
#40Bobber96Posted 4/28/2013 3:33:37 AM
I understand hating truly modded weapons and shields that make you an unstoppable god, but I only mod things like infinity pistols, conference calls, the bee, and pearlescant weapons, and that is just because I don't want o do the 18 ours of farming day. I have too many other games to play to spend my life trying to get 1 infinity pistol to drop, only to have a corrosive one drop when I wanted a fire one. It's just not my playing style, and I can respect if it is YOUR playing style, but not everybody has the time to waste on things like that.

So when it comes to modding for convenience, do you guys have a problem with that, or will I just be categorized as a casual player like anybody else here who doesn't play exactly like you "hardcore" players do?
---
GT: Bobber96 Currently playing: Guitar Hero, Gears of War 2, Defiance, Forza Horizon, and Soul Calibur 5 (All Xbox)