Why is everyone against modded items?

#41H_Panic22Posted 4/28/2013 3:49:42 AM
Epic_McDude posted...

Your post is self contradictory. Modding the game was done by modders, and the saves didn't up and screw themselves over. Graveyard.sav was the perfect example of people who don't know what they're doing messing it up for everyone.

You are an idiot and that's all that needs to be said. Plan and simple.
Edit:

Also, this:

the problem is they aren't modders.

they are stupid kids using someone elses mod software with no idea how to do anything properly.

'Tis the truth.

Spend more time working on reading comprehension, failname. My quote and the one you highlighted are expressing the exact same idea.
---
Gamertag= H Panic22
#423CDEDPosted 4/28/2013 5:12:52 AM
H_Panic22 posted...
Epic_McDude posted...

Your post is self contradictory. Modding the game was done by modders, and the saves didn't up and screw themselves over. Graveyard.sav was the perfect example of people who don't know what they're doing messing it up for everyone.

You are an idiot and that's all that needs to be said. Plan and simple.
Edit:

Also, this:

the problem is they aren't modders.

they are stupid kids using someone elses mod software with no idea how to do anything properly.

'Tis the truth.

Spend more time working on reading comprehension, failname. My quote and the one you highlighted are expressing the exact same idea.

not quite.

i make the distinction between a modder who actually writes the code for the mod software and a user who doesn't understand said software.

playing BL2 doesn't make you a gearbox staff member

in the same way using gibbed doesn't make you a modder
---
Resident GFAQS Lamborghini Sympathiser
http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8455/7893178522_b49c0e106d_b.jpg https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sLSZZEJvCks
#43H_Panic22Posted 4/28/2013 5:24:22 AM
Fair point. As long as its understood that just like if a 10 year old learns where the gas, brake, and clutch are it doesn't make him a driver, so does downloading Gibbed not make you a "modder".

Save editing and toying with switches and levers is how we ended up with Graveyard. It just reminds me of Dexter's Lab, where you can just picture DeeDee looking at the "isabadassmode" toggle and excitedly saying "Ooh, what does THIS button do?"
---
Gamertag= H Panic22
#443CDEDPosted 4/28/2013 5:28:57 AM
H_Panic22 posted...
Fair point. As long as its understood that just like if a 10 year old learns where the gas, brake, and clutch are it doesn't make him a driver, so does downloading Gibbed not make you a "modder".

Save editing and toying with switches and levers is how we ended up with Graveyard. It just reminds me of Dexter's Lab, where you can just picture DeeDee looking at the "isabadassmode" toggle and excitedly saying "Ooh, what does THIS button do?"

yeah its the lack of knowledge thats the problem. if they were 100% aware of what the Gibbed software does AND how it does it then yeah i'd say you could call them a modder. problem is very few people realised what the isbadassmode toggle did.
---
Resident GFAQS Lamborghini Sympathiser
http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8455/7893178522_b49c0e106d_b.jpg https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sLSZZEJvCks
#45I_am_always_mePosted 4/28/2013 10:27:54 AM

Ah, but that is the cornerstone of all learning. The problem didn't come from flipping the switch, it came from being unprepared for what would happen. Any mods should be tested solo, offline before anything else. Modding responsibly is a good thing. It is how we (as a community) know so much about the game.
---
Pokemon White FC: Zippy [2838-3935-7013]
3DS FC [2707-1897-9929]
#46PanopictonguyPosted 4/28/2013 11:32:16 AM
I_am_always_me posted...

Ah, but that is the cornerstone of all learning. The problem didn't come from flipping the switch, it came from being unprepared for what would happen. Any mods should be tested solo, offline before anything else. Modding responsibly is a good thing. It is how we (as a community) know so much about the game.

It used to be that way. I see very little data- mining now a days abs more ****ing around. The modders probably still do their thing and find info, but most people following their work ate only interested in exploiting the game
---
Oh, you thought they made this game for you? You clearly bought the wrong game.
#47tony8669Posted 4/28/2013 2:52:02 PM
Panopictonguy posted...
I_am_always_me posted...

It used to be that way. I see very little data- mining now a days abs more ****ing around. The modders probably still do their thing and find info, but most people following their work ate only interested in exploiting the game

In other words... script kiddies.