When should I get rid of my Bee shield?

#1Tokenblack20Posted 4/28/2013 12:55:21 PM
It's freakin awesome. but it only gives 15k shields.....where as I can have a 71k shield with 43% elemental resistance and +10k health.......sooooo......
#2Sniper_BrosefPosted 4/28/2013 12:56:41 PM
Just be prepared for your damage to drop significantly when you decide to use something else...
---
Detroit Sports Rule!!! - Millen is gone forever!!!!!!!!!!
R.I.P. Keith.....I loved you man.....you will be sorely missed.
#3Tokenblack20(Topic Creator)Posted 4/28/2013 12:58:31 PM
I know...it sucks lol.
#4TimeoniousPosted 4/28/2013 1:00:22 PM
It depends on your class and skill tree. As long as you are specced for slag in some way (Commando slag turret, multi-element phaselock, etc) you can get ride of it easily. However, if you are not specced into slag/no slag weapons its vital. A no Bee, no slag setup can take multiple clips of a gun to kill one loader/bandit.

I personally ran a 50 Bee, Hawk Eye, Fire CC and Corrosive infinity till 61 on all my chars except my Mechro.
---
XBL: Timeonious | Steam ID: Timeonious
White FC: 5415 0091 7431
#5tony8669Posted 4/28/2013 2:50:08 PM
But just imagine how much less time you'll spend on the ground.
#6MayhemersPosted 4/29/2013 12:59:22 AM
While I upgraded my shield (currently running a 33% absorb on lvl54) to better things in UVHM, I've still got my lvl50 Bee as it's incredibly useful still while in vehicles. You can't get personally hit, thus the shield is always max, thus always on, adding to the bullet damage from the runner. Makes taking out enemies such as Bullymongs and rabid skags somewhat easier...
---
Lie with passion and be forever damned...
#7garubladorPosted 4/29/2013 8:10:57 AM
If you're in a place where you're likely to take any damage then the Bee isn't nearly as effective. It's really nice to have for shooting at melee enemies as they first close in, at Constructors when they're setting up, if you're sniping of if you're Maya with 10 in KR. Don't be afraid to switch shields. Get your use out of the Bee at the beginning of a fight and then switch to something more useful when you can't always get the amp damage anymore.
#8TsurukePosted 4/29/2013 8:37:55 AM
To answer the Topic: When you don't want to rely on a crutch and have fun with other shields/challenges. That and when you are running with a character that isn't built like a tank yet you are trying to use them as a tank.
#9tony8669Posted 4/29/2013 9:52:01 AM
Mayhemers posted...
While I upgraded my shield (currently running a 33% absorb on lvl54) to better things in UVHM, I've still got my lvl50 Bee as it's incredibly useful still while in vehicles. You can't get personally hit, thus the shield is always max, thus always on, adding to the bullet damage from the runner. Makes taking out enemies such as Bullymongs and rabid skags somewhat easier...

This was the only reason I held on to the Bee, and why it's senseless to take any vehicle except the runner.