Ultimate.... Impossible to solo?

#1Maximus40Posted 4/28/2013 7:19:32 PM(edited)
So. Frustrated.

Why is it that every boss can one-shot you? Doesn't matter if it's Bloodwing, even Wilhelm, who is a complete joke.

Enemies in this difficulty having ridiculous amounts of health COMBINED with them being able to take you down in 1-2 hits AND enemies regaining full health when you die just makes this flat out unplayable if you're alone. Is this being addressed? I'd be completely fine with it if it scaled to do that when you're playing with others, but this should not be happening if you're playing solo. It's not challenging, it's stupid. Big difference.
---
You're born with nothing, better make it enough.
#2williswrathPosted 4/28/2013 7:20:38 PM
With the right gear it's much more tolerable. Unkempt Harold for starters really helps.
---
PSN WillisWrath
GT Wondrous1
#3DMan304Posted 4/28/2013 7:20:38 PM
Slag everything and ditch your underleveled stuff ASAP. It's frustrating as hell, but it's possible.

Slag is absolutely your friend.
---
http://i.imgur.com/Bod2G1j.gif
#4ProcrastinaterPosted 4/28/2013 7:22:18 PM
I'm going to go out on limb and assume you're using a level 50 Bee?

You'll ditch that eventually because the amp damage just isn't worth the low shield capacity.
---
Procrastinater - So Good
~*Board 8 Late Night Crew*~
#5Maximus40(Topic Creator)Posted 4/28/2013 7:23:10 PM
I've noticed slag makes a huge difference. It's almost required to be able to do anything, that's fine.

I have almost no equipment that's underleveled. I parted ways with that knowing I'd get better versions of it during this playthrough (and knowing you can even reset the playthrough)

Regardless, it's still possible to die in one hit for no real reason. This wouldn't piss me off if dying didn't fully regenerate enemy health.
---
#6killbot357Posted 4/28/2013 7:23:36 PM
It's unplayable if you're treating UVHM the same way you treated TVHM. Stop using your level 50 Bee, learn to slag and use cover when needed.
---
XBOX GT: illbzo1
Currently playing: Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Summoner - Soul Hackers, Borderlands 2
#7Maximus40(Topic Creator)Posted 4/28/2013 7:24:57 PM
Procrastinater posted...

You'll ditch that eventually because the amp damage just isn't worth the low shield capacity.

No, I know better than that. I'm using a lvl 60 Deadly bloom, and I have a Sham for enemies with bullets (real lifesaver, no joke there) Bee is only okay to use every now and then when you're partying with others.
---
#8PanopictonguyPosted 4/28/2013 7:30:19 PM
Maximus40 posted...
Procrastinater posted...

No, I know better than that. I'm using a lvl 60 Deadly bloom, and I have a Sham for enemies with bullets (real lifesaver, no joke there) Bee is only okay to use every now and then when you're partying with others.

The point of the deadly bloom is that you'd die and take everyone down with. get a shield that doesn't revolve around dying.

Also, try harder. The other two modes were easy because you could easily out level the enemies. now enemies scale with your so you have to actually avoid getting shot.
---
Oh, you thought they made this game for you? You clearly bought the wrong game.
#9BananaBoatLoadPosted 4/28/2013 7:33:37 PM
Slag is your best friend in UVHM. Also you need to make use of the right elements, as I have found that they are much more effective in this mode. Be patient, don't rush the enemies. Good Luck.
#10StormWolf12Posted 4/28/2013 7:37:14 PM
Lol, OP sucks at the game.