Ultimate.... Impossible to solo?

#41SuprSaiyanRockrPosted 4/29/2013 6:09:38 AM
Mayhemers posted...
Panopictonguy posted...
Use cover, and if you get pursued by extremely fast melee enemies, 180 and Sprint otherwise they will punish you while back pedaling.

Yeah... in my case so far, slag them as they get near, Deception, get round the back, dash melee to Death Mark, unleash with fire SMG/corrosive CC, melee if they get near again. Unless it's a Super Badass Psycho or similar (hello rockets), then they usually drop from that.

tbh, the only time I had a problem with being pursued is when dealing with rabid stalkers.

Those things reeeeeally need a health nerf. They have more health than the Ultimate Badass stalkers, run faster, and are a greater nuisance.
---
GT/PSN: SuprSaiyanRockr
Efficiency>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Nostalgia. Always.
#42booyakasha128Posted 4/29/2013 6:25:36 AM
Since I figured out how to dodge their attacks Rabid Stalkers don't bother me nearly as much. Their health seems reasonable given that the two Rabid variants were designed to be harder than the rest.
---
My name is Booya, and tacos rule (b^_^)b
http://www.last.fm/user/booyakasha128
#43AdriGodPosted 4/29/2013 6:41:59 AM
I played through it mostly solo with a siren. The ability that causes your phaselock to slag enemies really makes a massive difference.

Ended up using a level 50 unkempt harold on slagged enemies 95% percent of the time
#44Argyle_GargoylePosted 4/29/2013 6:55:53 AM
Maximus40 posted...
Damage isn't the problem. If I'm not doing enough damage against something I need to kill, I'll either find something I need, or transfer something else from another character.

Like I mentioned, the difficulty isn't the problem. The AI and almost everything else is the same way it's always been. I just wanted to express how stupid it is that no matter what shield/skills you have, it's still possible to go down in one hit (and most of the time, pretty damn close) It doesn't matter what your damage output is, or anything else for that matter. If you're going solo, chances are that the bosses are just going to get full health back after hitting you once.

Let's just put it this way: The game becomes a total joke as soon as you're not soloing anymore, due to reviving and a much higher chance that the boss you died against isn't going to regenerate full health.

I just find it stupid and frustrating that this can feel like one of those arcade "one hit you're dead and start over" games. That is not how it was balanced before this difficulty was released. It could have been done better. I appreciate people who have given advice, and I've actually never heard of the unkempt until now, so I'll look into that.

But if you're just here to say everything is just fine and you never die in one hit, you're full of fat crap

you keep saying this, but it is literally not true. there is a health gating mechanic that prevents you from dying in 1 hit provided that you have above 50% health. if your health is above 50%, you literally CANNOT die in 1 hit

this video explains the mechanic

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_7SftDAf0fE
---
Crazy? Crazy with low prices on Wind Brahmin. You buy one!!
#45PierzPosted 4/29/2013 7:10:25 AM
StormWolf12 posted...
Lol, OP sucks at the game.

Apparently everyone must absolutely suck at Dark Souls if that's the case.
#46StormWolf12Posted 4/29/2013 7:16:39 AM
Pierz posted...
StormWolf12 posted...

Completely irrelevant!
#47Azrael0206Posted 4/29/2013 7:23:12 AM
StormWolf12 posted...
Pierz posted...
StormWolf12 posted...

Completely irrelevant!

Yep
Marked for mod
Off topic posting

You're gonna get it now
---
Assistant Manager at Foveroula and Acid's Pawn Shop
"Az, you are a mother f****** wordsmith" - Chuckleswood
#48MrImpatient35Posted 4/29/2013 7:37:40 AM
DMan304 posted...
Slag everything and ditch your underleveled stuff ASAP. It's frustrating as hell, but it's possible.

Slag is absolutely your friend.

I totally agree. It was difficult, but definitely can be done solo. I did with Maya. I used phaselock/ruin so much, cause slag is SOOO important!
---
I have Dysarthria. It's a Speech problem. Cause of that, I rarely use my mic...rarely.
#49LordRavielPosted 4/29/2013 8:54:54 AM
I actually found TVHM more difficult to run through than UVHM. Mainly because I have terrible luck with drops and before starting UVHM I had spent some time at 50 putting together a half decent gearsets that fit my builds. Nothing rudiculous like Norfleets, a Bee or anything just a decent set of Purples and some Seraphs for most characters.

TVHM however, due to constant progression of levels Outdating what little good gear I did find left me using whites and greens often 2 or 3 levels out of date with my shield often being even more outdated and I usually lack a good example of any class mods let alone the ones that would fit my build.

Obviously I am not saying TVHM is harder than UVHM it is just my gear situation often makes TVHM harder than it really should be.
---
Playing: Borderlands 2 and Final Fantasy XI
#50PierzPosted 4/29/2013 9:11:37 AM
StormWolf12 posted...
Pierz posted...
StormWolf12 posted...

Completely irrelevant!

Versus telling the OP he sucks at the game. At least first give advice or relate to the experience - otherwise you're just coming across as an arrogant jerk. Moreover UVHM is suppose to be a challenge, more so than TVHM - if Gearbox's announcement on it is any indication at least.