Best SMG and AR For Commando In UVHM?

#1drj898Posted 4/29/2013 2:02:36 AM
I'm getting a bit sick of not blasting bullet casings all over the ground lol

As level 48-53ish, I used an auto gunner/heavy gunner mod + sheriff's badge + infinities and just blasted everything....my fire rate was INSANE...especially with metal storm max'ed out.

Lately, esp. in UVHM, I've had to resort to my DP Harold, my Ravager, norfleet, butcher, and my slagga (which just slagged...I didn't really use it for damage purposes).

So in UVHM now, as 61, I kinda wanna go back to the old me....so what's the best (in your opinion) SMG and assault rifle to use as Axton in UVHM?

PS: Torgue exploding-round AR's are TOTALLY out of the question...even tho my kerblaster sorta kicks ass....
---
GT, and PSN: DrJ898
#2fakesnoop77Posted 4/29/2013 2:22:35 AM
Probably the Sandhawk SMG. Especially if you have a Dahl Allegience relic.

I am a fan of the Seraphim AR also
---
Radiohead are still the best band in the world - fact
#3drj898(Topic Creator)Posted 4/29/2013 3:08:51 AM
Yeah? Even if my Sandhawk is non-elemental? I was gonna buy the seraphim -- I tried it at lvl 50 and I wasn't a fan at all...maybe at 61 it's worth it.
---
#4drj898(Topic Creator)Posted 4/29/2013 6:08:14 PM
Bump
---
#5F_GalikanokusPosted 4/30/2013 3:49:09 AM
http://forums.gearboxsoftware.com/showthread.php?t=205076

Might make you re-think the kerblaster
---
"I will remember them as the human beings they were, not the grotesque pieces of human remains they became."
#6WretchedOwlPosted 4/30/2013 3:51:45 AM
drj898 posted...
Yeah? Even if my Sandhawk is non-elemental? I was gonna buy the seraphim -- I tried it at lvl 50 and I wasn't a fan at all...maybe at 61 it's worth it.

The Seraphim is definitely worth it in UVHM, since they gave it a huge stat increase cause no one ever wanted to use it. And as for an SMG, the Sandhawk sucks unless you're using a Bee. I'd recommend an awesome Maliwan Plasma Caster.
---
Some doors are best left closed, because once open, they're easy to walk through again and again.
-- GT: Wretched Owls
#7Argyle_GargoylePosted 4/30/2013 3:59:27 AM
on axton, the kerblaster and plasma casters are king with the right builds.

kerblaster wrecks things on explosive builds. the extra grenade blows enemies to bits with all his bonus grenade damage buffs.

plasma casters splash damage counts as grenade damage, so they also receive huge bonuses from his skills.

im also a big fan of the slagga and the scorpio AR.

slagga is a slag machine, and while i already have great slag coverage with grenades and the turret, it is still immensely useful and does good damage to for a slag weapon

the scorpio is more of just a personal favorite. its just a good standard style accurate DAHL. if you insist on not using torgue, its a solid option.

or you could always go with a good vladof e tech blaster. they are some of the best ARs in game IMO, but DO NOT receive bonus grenade damage like plasma casters do
---
Crazy? Crazy with low prices on Wind Brahmin. You buy one!!
#8Scorpion122178Posted 4/30/2013 4:57:44 AM
tbh I'm starting to think that launchers are the way to go with axton, between my relic and skills I do 63.1% more launcher damage, combine that with the fleet/sham combo and the game becomes easy mode.
---
GT: Scorpion0489
Currently playing: Turok: Evolution, Borderlands 2, Fire Emblem: Awakening, Super Mario Galaxy.
#9WretchedOwlPosted 4/30/2013 5:09:11 AM
Scorpion122178 posted...
tbh I'm starting to think that launchers are the way to go with axton, between my relic and skills I do 63.1% more launcher damage, combine that with the fleet/sham combo and the game becomes easy mode.

abusing always makes for ezmode! Just delete patches and evil smash.
---
Some doors are best left closed, because once open, they're easy to walk through again and again.
-- GT: Wretched Owls
#10fakesnoop77Posted 4/30/2013 5:22:12 AM
I said the Sandhawk as it's deadly with a Bee Shield.

I agree that Plasma Casters are awesome with Axton. My Axton build is purely a Dahl build so yeah, Dahl Plasma Casters, Sandhawk + Dahl Allegiance relic is cool.

I just wish there was a Dahl RL
---
Radiohead are still the best band in the world - fact