Complaints about Gaige?

#1TifaLink0Posted 4/29/2013 6:12:47 AM
I was thinking about buying her for when I do my second playthough, But I've seen a few people who seem to dislike her and won't let certain people join or play with them If they have a certain skill tree? Sorry I'm new to BL2 and I remember seeing that from a few people and I was curious to what that whole thing was about.
---
'"Excellent,Nice Team Work, Kupendazaer! ~Sheva Alomar~ RE5
#2SuprSaiyanRockrPosted 4/29/2013 6:14:25 AM
I think the skill is 'buck up'. It recharges ally shields. Counter-intuitive to players using roid shields.
---
GT/PSN: SuprSaiyanRockr
Efficiency>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Nostalgia. Always.
#3JayLJohnstonPosted 4/29/2013 6:28:22 AM
That sounds silly... she's awesome... buy and enjoy her if you wish.
---
Am I leaking?
#4killbot357Posted 4/29/2013 6:28:28 AM
There's also a feeling that people who use Gaige aren't good players, especially if they're using the BFF tree which buffs DeathTrap.
---
XBOX GT: illbzo1
Currently playing: Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Summoner - Soul Hackers, Borderlands 2
#5jonahtkePosted 4/29/2013 6:45:02 AM
I very much enjoy playing her, however she does seem to take more effort for less productivity than the other classes do (I play predominately Ordered Chaos and Little Big trouble with a touch of BFF). Managing anarchy stacks and breaking yourself of the "always reload when you have a chance" habit takes some work but it IS Fun and provides fairly solid damage output and healing.
#6spfurm01Posted 4/29/2013 6:47:35 AM
She's a buggy mess. She's not a bad character but they clearly should've taken the extra week or two to iron out all her bugs instead of releasing her early.
---
We know Gavorn's tricks! We leave!
#7StormWolf12Posted 4/29/2013 8:39:44 AM
TifaLink0 posted...
I was thinking about buying her for when I do my second playthough, But I've seen a few people who seem to dislike her and won't let certain people join or play with them If they have a certain skill tree? Sorry I'm new to BL2 and I remember seeing that from a few people and I was curious to what that whole thing was about.

Buck Up. If you have this skill, you should only be playing solo.

Also, I won't play with anyone who has the skill "Close enough" either. Have a little self respect. Aim.
#8AlleRacingPosted 4/29/2013 8:41:34 AM
I like playing with her, she gets pretty crazy at 400 stacks or so.
---
http://img356.imageshack.us/img356/8325/scrunchface2copyfx0.png
http://www.xboxlc.com/cards/default/alle5.jpg
#9fseperentPosted 4/29/2013 9:01:50 AM
StormWolf12 posted...
TifaLink0 posted...

Buck Up. If you have this skill, you should only be playing solo.

Also, I won't play with anyone who has the skill "Close enough" either. Have a little self respect. Aim.

I would agree with that except for one thing, Anarchy.
Once you get a good number of stacks, there's only 2 ways of hitting an enemy, point blank, or Close Enough.
#10Samurai-LeoPosted 4/29/2013 9:04:49 AM
StormWolf12 posted...

aim is out of the question at +250 anarchy stacks.
Shes fun to use, but if you don't like her skill tree abilities u might not enjoy it. I always get a few laughs in groups when gaige starts making comments about her stacks.

also people dont like buck up because deathtrap uses it on downed players when he could be getting kills.