Best Shotguns in the Game (new vid)

#11deadlyfred(Topic Creator)Posted 4/29/2013 10:52:35 AM
Four Skulls posted...
Good video, for the longest time my Gunzerker used 2 Ravagers to mess things up, but I got bored with it and started using the Interfacer for some reason.

I thought I commented on this earlier... dunno what happened... anyhow...

Imagine Slag Interfacer in one hand and Critical in the other... oh man...
---
XBL GT: Ki11er Six (ONES - not L's with a space between the word)
Borderlands 2 farming guides: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLE35BE032DF764AEC
#12terabientPosted 4/29/2013 3:35:16 PM
Yay, Blockhead <3

I've also been surprised at how well the Butcher performs, it's far more useful than its stats would indicate. I wonder why that is. :o
---
What everyone needs to do is calm down, take a deep breath, and prepare their bodies for the Thunderdome.
GT: janejana
#13ho57ilePosted 4/29/2013 3:52:22 PM
Awesome video! Have to say I'm the opposite with the butcher, not a fan of it at all, never really find a use for it. My fav shotguns are purple jakobs. Sorry i have no idea what kind it was, I used them in pt1 and with the gunzerker they are so beast, often getting 5-6 shots almost instantly with out reloading instead of the normal 1 or 2 when my health and shields were down. So much fun.

Keep up with the awesome work on the videos too, I really enjoy them.
#14WretchedOwlPosted 4/29/2013 3:57:36 PM
I'm glad you took time to test the Quad. Thats easily my favorite shotgun in the game on my Gunzerker. Inconceivable, Money Shot, 5so6, and NKLO make the Quad my gun of choice on Sal. Its ridiculous with a 2 shot mag getting money shot every other shot and then having a huge boost from NKLO on the first shot. Try it out if you play a Sal, and thank me later.

My lv50 Quad got me to 58 in UVHM before I replaced it with a Ravager around my level. Even without slag, it was still just ripping everything apart.
---
Some doors are best left closed, because once open, they're easy to walk through again and again.
-- GT: Wretched Owls
#15TsurukePosted 4/29/2013 4:03:17 PM(edited)
deadlyfred posted...
Tsuruke posted...
deadlyfred posted...
AlleRacing posted...
Good ol' blocky. Only good against flesh though, Ravager still takes it for all purpose cleaning.

Blockhead does pretty well on most everything... except loaders and armored enemies.

Been preaching this since Day 1. lol

Yeah, I used the Blockhead to take down The Warrior on my first playthrough, where after mutliple farming attempts me and my friend got Conference Calls. We used those to own everything in TVHM. I was a surgeon with the CC ... not that it needed any degree of accuracy, lol.

Oh yea, Due to the CC being Hyperion (and all the causals jumping on the bandwagon) I HATED it (still have a small festering dislike now that its been patched) and in doing so -- I was preaching and running my month how the Blockhead is better (IMO) than the CC Pre-Patch. So I made a video with the sole intent of shutting a kid up (forgot who, but thats well in the past): http://youtu.be/KaB7pGYNlaU -- the CC took it (as far as comparing it to Raid Boss farming) barely but felt it does alot better in the field -- been running with it since. lol
#16KellyRipyaPosted 4/29/2013 4:30:43 PM
Truly fun amazing video, made me take a second look at some weapons.

But I'm afraid all those guns are going to have to be nerfed now.

Gearbox, YOU KNOW WHAT TO DO
---
All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain
GT: Althea N Hell
#17WretchedOwlPosted 4/29/2013 5:04:32 PM
KellyRipya posted...

16 pellets on a Ravager?! Overpowered!

*patch patch patch*

2 pellets!
---
Some doors are best left closed, because once open, they're easy to walk through again and again.
-- GT: Wretched Owls
#18deadlyfred(Topic Creator)Posted 4/29/2013 9:08:34 PM
KellyRipya posted...

Ellie voice:
"Heh, that was awesome"
---
XBL GT: Ki11er Six (ONES - not L's with a space between the word)
Borderlands 2 farming guides: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLE35BE032DF764AEC
#19shibulatorPosted 4/30/2013 7:38:27 AM
I knew the blockhead was an amazing gun, just never knew HOW amazing...
#20SinisterBladePosted 4/30/2013 11:08:47 AM(edited)
The slow hand really is an incredible gun. Its a very good Splat Gun (E-Tech SG), with the benefits of being a HYPERION (ironic), A Moxxi Gun AND unique flavor text granting zero drop.

Moxxi gives it that healing factor with both the initial elemental DPS and any added proc damage, grants instant healing. E-Tech status gives it overall improved elemental potential as well. VERY nice to pair these with those E-Tech relics granting added elemental DPS% and cooldown rate. Oh man.

A ruin/converge Maya is fearsome with some Slow Hands.
Thats what I was using alot of the time when we where filming the field tests Jay.

I hate to say this though, Badassarus REX is who drops Slow Hands, so... GL farming 61's everybody xD

Oh and Jay, the part where I threw off your shot... you take it. :)
---
What is a man?!
A miserable little pile of secrets!