Best Shotguns in the Game (new vid)

#21deadlyfred(Topic Creator)Posted 4/30/2013 11:16:26 AM
SinisterBlade posted...
The slow hand really is an incredible gun. Its a very good Splat Gun (E-Tech SG), with the benefits of being a HYPERION (ironic), A Moxxi Gun AND unique flavor text granting zero drop.

Moxxi gives it that healing factor with both the initial elemental DPS and any added proc damage, grants instant healing. E-Tech status gives it overall improved elemental potential as well. VERY nice to pair these with those E-Tech relics granting added elemental DPS% and cooldown rate. Oh man.

A ruin/converge Maya is fearsome with some Slow Hands.
Thats what I was using alot of the time when we where filming the field tests Jay.

I hate to say this though, Badassarus REX is who drops Slow Hands, so... GL farming 61's everybody xD

Oh and Jay, the part where I threw off your shot... you take it. :)

Oh you...

I hate Splatguns. HATE THEM. But I do need to do an amendment video for shottys, handguns and snipers, showing some guns I didn't test (like the Slow Hand) or guns I didn't test properly (Pimpernel).

Remind me, will ya?
---
XBL GT: Ki11er Six (ONES - not L's with a space between the word)
Borderlands 2 farming guides: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLE35BE032DF764AEC
#22SinisterBladePosted 4/30/2013 11:20:27 AM
Normally they are subpar, but the Slow Hand is a great gun. It goes where you want, though it will move slowly.

Still, theres a saying I like:

The best weapon is your favorite weapon, use what you want.
---
What is a man?!
A miserable little pile of secrets!
#23Four SkullsPosted 4/30/2013 1:04:11 PM
Tried using one of my lvl 50 Ravagers with my 55 Zerker yesterday in UVHM. Didn't go so well...it took 2 full clips to kill one Marauder. The is with a Rubi in the other hand slagging him!

Of course I was trying out a RR build, so I didn't have Money Shot or other high damage skills. I'm thinking about farming for a Blockhead, is it a super-hard to get drop?
#24SinisterBladePosted 4/30/2013 1:11:05 PM
Four Skulls posted...
Tried using one of my lvl 50 Ravagers with my 55 Zerker yesterday in UVHM. Didn't go so well...it took 2 full clips to kill one Marauder. The is with a Rubi in the other hand slagging him!

Of course I was trying out a RR build, so I didn't have Money Shot or other high damage skills. I'm thinking about farming for a Blockhead, is it a super-hard to get drop?

That is a problem based on the mode, not the weapon. The difference in health between even a single level up in this mode is staggering. Especially because an already large number of bulk is then multiplied by around 3 because of UVHM.

Moral of the story, using 99% of the LV 50 weapons would yeild poor results against 55's, especially in a MP setting. They use better equipment as well, that scales to their level, but your stuff stays the same.
---
What is a man?!
A miserable little pile of secrets!
#25Four SkullsPosted 4/30/2013 1:40:42 PM
Whats bad is that I'm at he WEP and even at lvl 55 the enemies aren't dropping gear thats better than my lvl 50 stuff. I'm having to burn my keys to get stuff thats even giving me a sliver of a chance.
#26deadlyfred(Topic Creator)Posted 5/1/2013 9:20:14 AM
Four Skulls posted...
Whats bad is that I'm at he WEP and even at lvl 55 the enemies aren't dropping gear thats better than my lvl 50 stuff. I'm having to burn my keys to get stuff thats even giving me a sliver of a chance.

If you have the Togue DLC you can use my guide to farming the Torgue machines without costing you your tokens.
---
Borderlands 2 farming guides: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLE35BE032DF764AEC
#27BigSai29Posted 5/1/2013 9:24:08 AM
What is the premise on which you measure what the best shotguns in the game are?
#28deadlyfred(Topic Creator)Posted 5/1/2013 9:27:36 AM
BigSai29 posted...
What is the premise on which you measure what the best shotguns in the game are?

Damage output, both per shot and over a short amount of time (say 5 to 10 seconds).

The shotgun is designed for getting up close and emptying buckshot into your enemy's face. You shouldn't need more than two pulls of the trigger to achieve that.
---
#29deadlyfred(Topic Creator)Posted 5/2/2013 5:15:19 PM
SinisterBlade posted...
Four Skulls posted...

That is a problem based on the mode, not the weapon. The difference in health between even a single level up in this mode is staggering. Especially because an already large number of bulk is then multiplied by around 3 because of UVHM.

Moral of the story, using 99% of the LV 50 weapons would yeild poor results against 55's, especially in a MP setting. They use better equipment as well, that scales to their level, but your stuff stays the same.

I think the moral is... use the Bee and Sandhawk and tell the haters to hate their way right on out of your business.
---