This board use to be a decent place.

#21BigPurickPosted 4/29/2013 10:27:45 AM
wait a minute...

The internet was great. And then they got the lemon party started!!!!

NOW ITS AWESOME!!!!!!!
---
Random_Sig_Creator: Execute
#22Devilanse333Posted 4/29/2013 10:40:34 AM
When do you turn 13, TC?
---
XBOX Live Gamertag: DevilAnse33v2
PSN: DevilAnse33
#23Aeres116699Posted 4/29/2013 10:47:34 AM
To be honest, I think your expectations of GameFAQs being a mature and respectful gaming board are too high. Maybe I'm too used to other boards, but these forums are definitely less mature than most, and have been for a long while.

That said, there are a substantially greater amount of rapscallions and hooligans around now. A bit annoying, to be sure.
#24TsurukePosted 4/29/2013 10:57:29 AM(edited)
Aeres116699 posted...
To be honest, I think your expectations of GameFAQs being a mature and respectful gaming board are too high. Maybe I'm too used to other boards, but these forums are definitely less mature than most, and have been for a long while.

That said, there are a substantially greater amount of rapscallions and hooligans around now. A bit annoying, to be sure.

Sounds like you never been on 4Chan or Reddit.
Compared to those, most of us look like 'old timers' then again over there -- much like any forum -- there are groups of respectable intellects (although Reddit isn't a "Forum" 4Chan has a forum rather -- same concept applies to the immaturity level).

People choose to be whatever they want on the internets, some choose to be a tough guy, some choose to be idiots, trolls even. Meanwhile some choose to be intellects and others choose to be respectful or themselves (be it may a genuinely respectable person or a ******bag in person).

Thus is the internets. Welcome to the Internet.
#25Aeres116699Posted 4/29/2013 11:02:22 AM
Tsuruke posted...
Aeres116699 posted...

Compared to those, most of us look like 'old timers' then again over there -- much like any forum -- there are groups of respectable intellects (although Reddit isn't a "Forum" 4Chan has a forum rather -- same concept applies to the immaturity level).

People choose to be whatever they want on the internets, some choose to be a tough guy, some choose to be idiots, trolls even. Meanwhile some choose to be intellects and others choose to be respectful or themselves (be it may a genuinely respectable person or a ******bag in person).

Eh. I won't deny 4chan is pretty bad, but Reddit at least is quite nice depending on the subreddits you visit. I suppose it's a matter of perspective. The sites I tend to frequent (Smogon, Teamliquid, 2+2, and the like) are much more tolerable to me... and I guess I'm too used to them to have anything nice to say about this site. I enjoy the content that this site offers, but I still stand by my (opinionated) assertion that GameFAQs is hardly the pinnacle of maturity, and to wish that it was is really nothing more than fantasy.
#26TsurukePosted 4/29/2013 11:06:23 AM
Aeres116699 posted...
Tsuruke posted...
Aeres116699 posted...

Eh. I won't deny 4chan is pretty bad, but Reddit at least is quite nice depending on the subreddits you visit. I suppose it's a matter of perspective. The sites I tend to frequent (Smogon, Teamliquid, 2+2, and the like) are much more tolerable to me... and I guess I'm too used to them to have anything nice to say about this site. I enjoy the content that this site offers, but I still stand by my (opinionated) assertion that GameFAQs is hardly the pinnacle of maturity, and to wish that it was is really nothing more than fantasy.

An understood, I see where you are coming from.
#27hybrid_5tigmataPosted 4/29/2013 11:06:31 AM
/r/spaced**ks or bust
---
Current GT: Wet 8 Year Old
Thank you Based God
#28jdlaneyPosted 4/29/2013 11:22:29 AM
Quote:Carribean_Cool posted...
I just started playing BL2. Looks like I'm late to the party. What was this board like back then?

A lot better than it is now. People would trade for more than Slag Rubis. If you needed help you'd get it. You wanted a modded gun, there was someone nice enough to give you one. I stopped playing about a week after Captain Scarletts DLC. (Nothing left to do. :/ ) I come back after Hamerlocks and everything was okay. And now it's poop.

It sucks.

@NightmareNignt

Some people on here don't suck quite as much. I still help anyone that asks and am happy to do it. But your right, at one time there were a lot more helpful people on here and not as many dicks.
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerGuides 1.10
GT : JoeDamn
#29SomboSteelPosted 4/29/2013 11:31:54 AM
jdlaney posted...
Quote:Carribean_Cool posted...
I just started playing BL2. Looks like I'm late to the party. What was this board like back then?

A lot better than it is now. People would trade for more than Slag Rubis. If you needed help you'd get it. You wanted a modded gun, there was someone nice enough to give you one. I stopped playing about a week after Captain Scarletts DLC. (Nothing left to do. :/ ) I come back after Hamerlocks and everything was okay. And now it's poop.

It sucks.

@NightmareNignt

Some people on here don't suck quite as much. I still help anyone that asks and am happy to do it. But your right, at one time there were a lot more helpful people on here and not as many dicks.

Bingo
#30F_GalikanokusPosted 4/29/2013 11:34:57 AM
NightmareNignt posted...
DanteDemonBlood posted...
This board used to be a decent place.....but then It took an arrow in the knee

My point is proven by this comment.

Hey at least be got it right and said "arrow in the knee" and not "arrow to the knee"
---
"I will remember them as the human beings they were, not the grotesque pieces of human remains they became."