My main character corrupted

#1DhgoalPosted 4/30/2013 9:36:39 AM
And silly me didn't back up but this isn't about asking for loot anybody want to start a new character with me since I don't want to shoot myself from doing my first gun for the 1000th time?
---
Xbox gt: dhgoal
#2chaos_belmontPosted 4/30/2013 9:37:18 AM
What did you do?
---
Sorcerer, king of dark intentions, pro skiller, sensual pleasures pirate, constant hankering for honey, sprinkly toes thrillseeker extraordinaire.
#3Dhgoal(Topic Creator)Posted 4/30/2013 9:40:39 AM
I'm not really sure I havent played in a lol bit and I've been using my flashdrive which had her on it alot for school so maybe being in and out of computers but I don't really know
---
Xbox gt: dhgoal
#4IzuyaKusunagi69Posted 4/30/2013 1:44:59 PM
I believe a flash drive can only be formatted for one device. Be it the Xbox or the computer, so sustained use of a flash drive, mainly used for Xbox, in a computer my have been the cause
---
B****, you just jealous of my Super Sayian swagga!
#5LaharPosted 4/30/2013 2:13:06 PM
Didn't they put in an auto backup feature?

I play off a USB and backup onto the console after each session, and after the last update, on the USB device I started seeing two files of each character, one ending with " - Backup".
---
It's raining
luggage and babies and limbs and Daddy doesn't come home.
#6TsurukePosted 4/30/2013 2:26:08 PM
Lahar posted...
Didn't they put in an auto backup feature?

They did, although I'm not sure how it works since I back up my character(s) between the system and the USB as well as the cloud (but never played off of the cloud) -- in case of corruption or someone fudges my progress online that I didn't want to do or something.

TC I recommend doing research on how the Backup feature works that GBX implemented in the latest patch.
#7tony8669Posted 4/30/2013 2:45:15 PM
Always back up your data.

This is the bad thing about games no longer using floppies- people pick up bad habits.
#8StormWolf12Posted 4/30/2013 2:47:28 PM(edited)
See... Borderlands 2 is on your C drive. That's the solid state.

Periodically, copy the save files from there, to your hard disk, most likely F, D, etc.

This way, you'll always be safe.

Just kidding, get a USB stick!
#9KellyRipyaPosted 4/30/2013 2:50:00 PM
Yes, if you've played in the past week or so you should have a backup save on the same storage device as your regular save. Have you checked for it in the Storage menu? Maybe if you delete the corrupted regular save the game will then recognize the backup. Unless your whole flash drive is the problem, then the backup is as useless as your regular save
---
All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain
GT: Althea N Hell
#10sailormacrossPosted 4/30/2013 4:17:46 PM
dont know how to work in game back up save. i used 2 flash drives and old hard drive and interal storage. some flash drives and sd cards with adapter work well. some do not. you can format how much space you want to use for xbox 360 and keep some left over for computer. unplug for computer safely and try to unplug from xbox when off. i tried the black ops 2 flash - it sucks. it erase when unplug and even when turn off xbox.
---
anime and jpop and pretty japanese girls fan ::::::::::::::::::::perhaps there was an age where people dreamed of the possibilites of outer space (gundam wing)