How much fun is this game for the single player?

#1XebecyyPosted 4/30/2013 2:51:35 PM
Is it difficult? Is the main story line decent. Can you play after the main story line has ended like in the original Borderlands?
#2capnovanPosted 4/30/2013 2:54:48 PM
Depends on character choice.

Yes, better than the first.

Yes
---
You can take my Karma, but you'll never take......MY FREEDOM!
#3KellyRipyaPosted 4/30/2013 2:56:22 PM(edited)
Tons, everything that drops or is in chests is YOURS for the taking. Yes, the story is fine playing alone, it's written to a single-player narrative so you'll get the full experience as far as the campaign is concerned.

Yes, two additional play throughs after you beat the game.
---
All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain
GT: Althea N Hell
#4jonahtkePosted 4/30/2013 2:57:54 PM
I play almost exclusively solo. The "raid bosses" do require some help in most cases, but otherwise it's a blast.
#5monster138Posted 4/30/2013 3:58:08 PM
Awesome game.
Out pacing levels/missions/areas kind of a problem. But, easy to fix with a little thought
You can also do UVHM without getting level increase. Which is kinda cool, too
---
"it doesn't mean I'm not sick of this damned war;
the mud, the noise, .....the.....the endless poetry!" ------ Lord Flashheart
#6Foreman22Posted 5/1/2013 7:54:09 AM
Which character is the best choice for a single player run?
#7foodeater4Posted 5/1/2013 8:15:00 AM
This game is a ton better solo. It actually has a nice story line to follow.

BUT I will say, I still dont find it as fun solo as as a more regular on rails FPS, like Halo or Gears of War.

Theres a crap ton of sidequests in this game and a lot of them are pretty boring. There just sidequests so there basically not as good, with a few exceptions. Also as I complted every sidequest I found myself outleveling the main story line buy a lot which made those quests super easy as well.

If you stick soley to the main story, its actually quite solid. I know a lot people usually just do the main the first time and ignore side quests, maybe that would have been a better idea for myself as well

Right now, I bascially stopped doing sidequests, except for the ones in the my main quest area.
#8WretchedOwlPosted 5/1/2013 8:23:05 AM
Foreman22 posted...
Which character is the best choice for a single player run?

General consensus confirms Axton is the sole best single player class. Gaige can handle her own pretty well with DT by her side as well.
---
Some doors are best left closed, because once open, they're easy to walk through again and again.
-- GT: Wretched Owls
#9SkirePosted 5/1/2013 8:23:39 AM
I mostly play solo. It's great fun playing with friends of course, but single player is great too.