Drop Rates Poll

#21CoolBeansAvlPosted 5/1/2013 6:44:52 PM
spfurm01 posted...
Sad truth: drop rates don't matter as long as duping exists in it's current form.

This is what I came in to post.

Rarity means nothing when duping is as easy and widespread as it is. I'd actually probably be more inclined to farm my own stuff if drop rates were higher though. Otherwise I have no problem with duping and will continue to do so with or without a change to drop rates.
---
http://i.imgur.com/98y63.jpg http://i.imgur.com/yOcp8.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/wdX6S.jpg
#222Love4LifePosted 5/1/2013 6:56:08 PM
InfinityZERO posted...
I'm not entitled to anything, but the drop rates are BS. I'm sorry that I've offended your corporate masters by trying to recommend something that will improve their game. Hey can you turn over so that they can stomp on the other side of your face? Low drop rates suck, I don't know how you can defend that.

At the end of the day, there will almost always be better stats (since almost no one farms for max stats) for any weapon, so increasing the drop rate wouldn't hurt anything. You could still farm for a max stats weapon. And really, you're bringing up starving people? Could you at least stay on task while you defend your corporate masters? We're talking about a game, games should be fun. A grind is not fun with bad drops suck. It impedes you from continuing on with the rest of the game.

bahah my ' Corporate Masters ' are you kidding me. Something that " Might " improve their game not will. Low Drop rates don't suck, and I can defend it quite easily, there is a point why they are rare ( you wouldn't want everyone running around with Norfleets in your game 1 shotting everything now would you ? ).

If your going to ' grind ' for a drop then do so, No drop rate in the game IMPEDES you from continuing. and yes I am bringing up starving people because there are worse things in this world then ' Low drop Rates ' and people shouldn't whinge about them.
---
Video Game Challenges:
Treat Everyday as your last because tomorrow may never come.
#23Wallcrawler8878Posted 5/1/2013 7:11:28 PM
Raid bosses should drop a legendary of some sort every time. One random legendary out of the entire loot table.

There should be a reason to fight them, and a reward besides meaningless cash fodder for defeating them.
#24MrImpatient35Posted 5/1/2013 7:19:58 PM
regornam posted...
1) 10% gives me incentive to farm for my "perfect" version of a given weapon.

2) 5% gives me incentive to stop after getting any flavor

3) 1% gives me incentive to start a "LF" thread.

lol I agree. I'll gladly farm for easy things like the Black Hole shield, but LF something incredibly hard to get like an Infinity pistol.
---
I have Dysarthria. It's a Speech problem. Cause of that, I rarely use my mic...rarely.
#25InfinityZEROPosted 5/1/2013 7:42:14 PM
2Love4Life posted...
bahah my ' Corporate Masters ' are you kidding me. Something that " Might " improve their game not will. Low Drop rates don't suck, and I can defend it quite easily, there is a point why they are rare ( you wouldn't want everyone running around with Norfleets in your game 1 shotting everything now would you ? ).

If your going to ' grind ' for a drop then do so, No drop rate in the game IMPEDES you from continuing. and yes I am bringing up starving people because there are worse things in this world then ' Low drop Rates ' and people shouldn't whinge about them.

Something that will. 'Trade to Xbox Home'/'Duel' Duping are seem as necessary evils in this game by Gearbox. Guess what would mitigate that? Improving the drop rates. Notice how I said improve the drop rates to 20%, not 50%-100%. That's a 1 in 5 chance that I can get an Infinity etc.. I still need to go kill monsters, but it's not an absurd .05% chance like what we have for an Infinity. Not everyone would have Legendaries, but the drop rates would make it more possible to get them.

And they are your corporate masters, look at how you adamantly want to deny a reasonable drop rate increase. You are effectively arguing for something that would help EVERYONE out. And once again I point out the drop rates are increased, the massive variance in stats is kept in. I guess you've never farmed a level 61 Love Thumper that can range from 50K to 130K+. Notice the amount of usefulness that the range of 50K to 130K+ in Roid damage does, I still need to do a different kind of grind for a good one. Or else I can stay with my Hide that does 60K+ Roid damage. So that means I do still have a choice when it comes to my gear and wouldn't just run around with a Norfleet. If I found a better Unkempt Harold at a 20% drop rate compared to a Norfleet, guess what I would use? Especially considering that most of the time only *1* of 3 shots will hit something, the shots are slow, and rocket ammo goes fast. So do your corporate masters just stomp on your face or do they entitle you to more severe beatings as well?

Have you played UVHM? I've got a duped Flame Norfleet and I'm not guaranteed to down everything in my path. In fact, far from it. I'm not just talking about BA, bosses, or Raid bosses either.

Once again, stay on track. I'm talking about drop rates and your argument quickly falls into the land of totally irrelevance. I never claim it was an end all be all thing. I can/will complain about a stupid choice designers make, especially since I don't just swallow their "abuse" the way you do. Maybe you should just swallow the complaining I do against your precious masters. How dare I complain against something I paid for because if they improved it in the first place, it would increase my enjoyment! But the starving ones in Country X! Get outta here with that.

And have you been to the Gearbox forums, specifically the Raid farming for the poorly equipped topics? If the answer is no, then try it. Some of the Raid bosses ARE gear checks. Like Terra VS Zero.
---
"Learn the lesson that George Lucas fails to learn: despite the fact that you created this series, it doesn't belong in your hands." Langis on Sonic
#26InfinityZEROPosted 5/1/2013 7:44:07 PM
Kpt_Kapowski posted...
u <fixed>happy</fixed> bro

I love to argue. Just not against people whining about something totally irrelevant.
---
"Learn the lesson that George Lucas fails to learn: despite the fact that you created this series, it doesn't belong in your hands." Langis on Sonic
#27Kpt_KapowskiPosted 5/1/2013 7:45:48 PM
Lol so much mad.

Bottom line is that drop rates are fine. Deal with it.
---
Borderlands 2 non farmed/exploited/modded BAR: 85633
#282Love4LifePosted 5/1/2013 10:31:14 PM
InfinityZERO posted...
2Love4Life posted...

Something that will. 'Trade to Xbox Home'/'Duel' Duping are seem as necessary evils in this game by Gearbox. Guess what would mitigate that? Improving the drop rates. Notice how I said improve the drop rates to 20%, not 50%-100%. That's a 1 in 5 chance that I can get an Infinity etc.. I still need to go kill monsters, but it's not an absurd .05% chance like what we have for an Infinity. Not everyone would have Legendaries, but the drop rates would make it more possible to get them.

And they are your corporate masters, look at how you adamantly want to deny a reasonable drop rate increase. You are effectively arguing for something that would help EVERYONE out. And once again I point out the drop rates are increased, the massive variance in stats is kept in. I guess you've never farmed a level 61 Love Thumper that can range from 50K to 130K+. Notice the amount of usefulness that the range of 50K to 130K+ in Roid damage does, I still need to do a different kind of grind for a good one. Or else I can stay with my Hide that does 60K+ Roid damage. So that means I do still have a choice when it comes to my gear and wouldn't just run around with a Norfleet. If I found a better Unkempt Harold at a 20% drop rate compared to a Norfleet, guess what I would use? Especially considering that most of the time only *1* of 3 shots will hit something, the shots are slow, and rocket ammo goes fast. So do your corporate masters just stomp on your face or do they entitle you to more severe beatings as well?

Have you played UVHM? I've got a duped Flame Norfleet and I'm not guaranteed to down everything in my path. In fact, far from it. I'm not just talking about BA, bosses, or Raid bosses either.

Once again, stay on track. I'm talking about drop rates and your argument quickly falls into the land of totally irrelevance. I never claim it was an end all be all thing. I can/will complain about a stupid choice designers make, especially since I don't just swallow their "abuse" the way you do. Maybe you should just swallow the complaining I do against your precious masters. How dare I complain against something I paid for because if they improved it in the first place, it would increase my enjoyment! But the starving ones in Country X! Get outta here with that.

And have you been to the Gearbox forums, specifically the Raid farming for the poorly equipped topics? If the answer is no, then try it. Some of the Raid bosses ARE gear checks. Like Terra VS Zero.

Love Thumper is a quest reward so you're argument is invalid. If you want to run around with ' perfect ' legendaries why not just mod your save that's what raising the drops to 20% would be like( 1 in 5 is a big difference to 1 in 100 ). Everyone would be running around with the same crappy gear and the game would get boring.

Yes I've played UVHM TWICE both times without the Norfleet.

Your arguing like its the be all and and of your gaming career. You chose to buy this game, its not your design to change something that YOU would like changed, In the time you spent arguing with me you could of gotten your perfect hide of terra :P
---
Video Game Challenges:
Treat Everyday as your last because tomorrow may never come.
#29Argyle_GargoylePosted 5/2/2013 4:52:00 AM
basing your drop rate whining around the infinity farm is doing nothing but hurting your case.

it is well known that there are several enemies (including the good doctor) with bugged drop rates.

you cant judge the drop rates in the entire game on 1 enemies bugged rate. your complaint should be that you want GB X to fix mercy's drops. that is something 99.9% of people could likely get behind.

in all honesty, most legendary items have pretty decent drops rates outside of a few. people like you who complain about having never seen an orange weapons have clearly never attempted on many of the bosses.

if youve never gotten ANYTHING to drop, you've clearly never spent any amount of time farming knuckledragger. you've clearly never spent any time farming mobley and gettle. if you spent even an hour farming either of those, id be willing to bet that an orange would have dropped.

you are focusing on a bugged drop rate to make your argument. nobody can take any argument you make seriously because you arent even looking at a REAL drop rate. if anything you should fix his rate so it acts normally.

and yes, amazing as it may sound. many people do not want all the rarest items in the game simply dropping from everywhere like they are whites. amazing to think that there might be a little effort involved in getting the most powerful rare gear in the game.

outside of a few glitched items, if you put in the effort, you WILL eventually get it to drop. it may not be the perfect version that you wanted (boohoo) but you WILL get rare items if you put in a little effort
---
Crazy? Crazy with low prices on Wind Brahmin. You buy one!!