Fix Rubi please Gearbox

#31SuprSaiyanRockrPosted 5/2/2013 12:26:09 AM
I really can't help but think that the whole 'rubi needs a nerf' thing is some kinda half-assed attempt at payback from all the people who got upset at the suggestion that their favourite exploit was, in fact, an exploit.

In reality, a melee zero pretty much needs a rubi, or at least some other moxxi weapon. The only skills he has that give health are resurgence (crap) and innervate (not bad; also gives more movement speed and gun damage).

Plus, in UVHM, most healing skills are lackluster. They can't keep up with the amount of damage that enemies are dealing. Even Sal's Brawn tree doesn't cut it.

Nerfing the rubi won't make this more balanced. Balance got thrown out the moment GB decided to include exponential scaling. If anything, it'll just make the rubi worthless (the increased health recovery is all it has over other moxxi weapons), and further reduce the number of viable builds in UVHM.

Besides, it's not like Zero has much else going for him. Cunning is like an intermediary tree between melee and sniping; and his sniping tree has left most wanting to begin with.
---
GT/PSN: SuprSaiyanRockr
Efficiency>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Nostalgia. Always.
#32stickboy2323Posted 5/2/2013 5:00:36 AM
If they gotta nerf the Rubi then they best nerf With Claws too. Down with all insta-heals and anything else that makes the game fun. BOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!
---
Badass Rank: 0
#33alexsummers00Posted 5/2/2013 5:43:24 AM
SuprSaiyanRockr posted...
I really can't help but think that the whole 'rubi needs a nerf' thing is some kinda half-assed attempt at payback from all the people who got upset at the suggestion that their favourite exploit was, in fact, an exploit.

In reality, a melee zero pretty much needs a rubi, or at least some other moxxi weapon. The only skills he has that give health are resurgence (crap) and innervate (not bad; also gives more movement speed and gun damage).

Plus, in UVHM, most healing skills are lackluster. They can't keep up with the amount of damage that enemies are dealing. Even Sal's Brawn tree doesn't cut it.

Nerfing the rubi won't make this more balanced. Balance got thrown out the moment GB decided to include exponential scaling. If anything, it'll just make the rubi worthless (the increased health recovery is all it has over other moxxi weapons), and further reduce the number of viable builds in UVHM.

Besides, it's not like Zero has much else going for him. Cunning is like an intermediary tree between melee and sniping; and his sniping tree has left most wanting to begin with.

I'll respond to this by imitating every other response I've seen on just these sort of topics. Get better scrub. Oops, I mean casual.

Did I do it right?
#34SuprSaiyanRockrPosted 5/2/2013 5:47:07 AM
I don't think you really bothered to read my post.

So, I'll not respond seriously to yours.
---
GT/PSN: SuprSaiyanRockr
Efficiency>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Nostalgia. Always.
#35deadlyfredPosted 5/2/2013 6:04:10 AM
They should nerf Transfusion grenades too... since you can hit a button and hide and then you get your health restored.

You do realize that the Rubi can just as easily get you killed since you have to be right up on your enemies. Get surrounded and one missed melee and you're down.

It's like complaining about the Bee making people too powerful. Look at the downside to the Bee: you're a GLASS CANON! One or two shots from an enemy in UVHM and you're dead.
---
XBL GT: Ki11er Six (ONES - not L's with a space between the word)
Borderlands 2 farming guides: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLE35BE032DF764AEC
#36alexsummers00Posted 5/2/2013 6:20:15 AM
For starters, yes, I actually did read your post. Secondly, I really couldn't care less about these so called "exploits" as I often play solo or just with a buddy. But, just to play Devil's Advocate, yes this sounds like payback for all the nerfing Gearbox did to CC/Bee, Shamfleet etc.

But, show me one video that doesn't have Zero (or really, any character) that doesn't abuse the fact that Rubi heals for a ridiculous amount of HP. So, I completely understand the use of it as a crutch. That just raises the issue of the so-called balance of the game. The whole health-gating mechanic completely nullifies any point of having an awesome shield when one hit will wipe it out and my entire health bar. I know UVHM is supposed to be challenging, but it ends up forcing players to limit their playstyle severely.

I'm not even gonna get into the whole duping/modding crap because of the hideously low and buggy drop rates.
#37BigSai29Posted 5/2/2013 7:02:36 AM
ITT: The Rubi is only useful if it has a melee accessory in the hands of Zer0 with a Love Thumper/Hide.
#38Wallcrawler8878(Topic Creator)Posted 5/2/2013 9:09:57 AM
Rubi is broken and hurting the game, just like the shamfleet and the beehawk.

There isnt a melee Zer0 player out there that doesnt rush into battle without his trusty crutch.

Seriously, I cant even play on my Siren anymore because of the stress of knowing how many players are using this crutch in games that arent involved with my own.

Nerf the Rubi. Its so bad that an entire playstyle hinges on it.

Nerf it so I can get back to playing my solo game.

I cant wait.
#39TsurukePosted 5/2/2013 9:53:18 AM(edited)
Wallcrawler8878 posted...
Soon we shall bask in the rage of the exploiters.

Moar like they are drinking from the tears of the whiners now.
Mmmmh, Delicious tears.

TC, don't assume that people defending your opposing opinion are all exploiters. Some will even defend just because the opposing side is crying/whining (hard nonetheless), amongst other reasons on top.

Wallcrawler8878 posted...
It wasnt meant to heal the player for as much health as it does.

Did it ever occur to you that the Rubi might have been intended to be the strongest healing Moxxi weapon?

Until I see GBX stating that the Rubi wasn't intended to heal 12% health, this thread is moot.
http://borderlands.wikia.com/wiki/Rubi (reference for special effect/red flavor text)

/thread
#40PanopictonguyPosted 5/2/2013 10:06:26 AM
Lol people that don't know how to play this game. Go Get a testla grenade and toss a few of those with the Rubi. That gun actually rewards you for knowing how to play the game as opposed to exploiting. If they Neff it, oh well. I think it's fine.
---
Oh, you thought they made this game for you? You clearly bought the wrong game.