PSN/XBL: Citizen Soldat
#52TsurukePosted 5/2/2013 3:31:00 PM
Wallcrawler8878 posted...
Rubi is a crutch...
...Still I whine for nerf

Though I admit, I lol'ed at that

Cry Moar and Try harder.
Work for those delicious tears!

Instead, go do it on GBX's forum. Oh I'd love to see the delicious river of tears over there -- maybe you would actually be heard if you compose a well enough, well written explanation rather than this attempt of a troll-bait.

That would be most entertaining!
#53SuprSaiyanRockrPosted 5/2/2013 3:40:02 PM
alexsummers00 posted...
For starters, yes, I actually did read your post. Secondly, I really couldn't care less about these so called "exploits" as I often play solo or just with a buddy. But, just to play Devil's Advocate, yes this sounds like payback for all the nerfing Gearbox did to CC/Bee, Shamfleet etc.

But, show me one video that doesn't have Zero (or really, any character) that doesn't abuse the fact that Rubi heals for a ridiculous amount of HP. So, I completely understand the use of it as a crutch. That just raises the issue of the so-called balance of the game. The whole health-gating mechanic completely nullifies any point of having an awesome shield when one hit will wipe it out and my entire health bar. I know UVHM is supposed to be challenging, but it ends up forcing players to limit their playstyle severely.

I'm not even gonna get into the whole duping/modding crap because of the hideously low and buggy drop rates.

Oh, certainly, I agree on the balance issue. That's why zero needs either a rubi or a law + order; he doesn't have enough recovery options to survive a second hit after reaching the health gate.
---
GT/PSN: SuprSaiyanRockr
Efficiency>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Nostalgia. Always.
#54Wallcrawler8878(Topic Creator)Posted 5/3/2013 5:19:59 AM
Patch day will be GLORIOUS!

RIP Melee Zer0
#55terabientPosted 5/3/2013 5:35:44 AM
You know what would be fun?

If GBX did nerf the Rubi and in the process messed it up like the Bee patch and then all Moxxi weapons ended up healing enemies, or something

the tears would be glorious
---
What everyone needs to do is calm down, take a deep breath, and prepare their bodies for the Thunderdome.
GT: janejana
#56BigSai29Posted 5/3/2013 5:38:13 AM
C'mon TC, Zer0 isn't even the character that makes the most use out of the Rubi plus he's this beloved super cool ninja dude. You should take a different approach to rally support for your cause.
#57MattheauPosted 5/3/2013 5:45:57 AM
SuprSaiyanRockr posted...
Oh, certainly, I agree on the balance issue. That's why zero needs either a rubi or a law + order; he doesn't have enough recovery options to survive a second hit after reaching the health gate.

He does have a survival option, it's called not letting enemies attack him.

Bloodshed was not designed for you to run into an enemy and sit there and keep knifing him until he dies. He has just enough recovery to escape the occasional mistake. He wasn't made to win a knife fight against melee bosses.
#58SuprSaiyanRockrPosted 5/3/2013 5:56:49 AM
Mattheau posted...
SuprSaiyanRockr posted...

He does have a survival option, it's called not letting enemies attack him.

Bloodshed was not designed for you to run into an enemy and sit there and keep knifing him until he dies. He has just enough recovery to escape the occasional mistake. He wasn't made to win a knife fight against melee bosses.

Not letting enemies attack him?

I can only assume you mean deception, since you'd be lucky to avoid bullets at any range, and melee attacks are inevitable within range.

In that case, I'd say that deception is great for that; but without a cooldown relic and mod, it doesn't last long enough to provide much in the way of survival.
---
GT/PSN: SuprSaiyanRockr
Efficiency>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Nostalgia. Always.
#59Wallcrawler8878(Topic Creator)Posted 5/3/2013 6:31:00 AM
BigSai29 posted...
C'mon TC, Zer0 isn't even the character that makes the most use out of the Rubi plus he's this beloved super cool ninja dude. You should take a different approach to rally support for your cause.

Heh melee zer0
No rubi no melee style
Must have health regen

Too stupid to watch
Flinging grenades at your feet
No rubi this stops

Use Law and Order
Prove you have real melee skill
Or just use your crutch

No vids have I seen
Displaying real melee skill
Only the exploit

The reckoning comes
Gearbox will not let this stand
Have fun while you can

If I played online
This might affect my gameplay
But I play solo

I paid my money
Nerf things that dont affect me
Hear my pleas, please please

You dont play like me
I do not like this at all
So I plead for nerf

This should all make sense
Some of you get it some dont
I bask in your rage
#60Bonezy_BPosted 5/3/2013 6:46:31 AM
Wallcrawler8878 posted...
Rubi needs to be fixed. It wasnt meant to heal the player for as much health as it does. Its a problem with the game and makes skills that offer health regen, and health regen relics completely pointless.

That, and just because Id love to see just one Zer0 video that wasnt exploiting the Rubi mistake.

If we need to nerf the Shamfleet, and Beehawk, Rubi should get fixed as well.

I mean, come on. Its a competetive game and all that. People using Rubi keep me from enjoying my solo experience.

Fix please.

how do other people using the rubi keep you from enjoying your solo experience? i can see it bothering you if you were playing with others but solo? you know solo is when you play alone right? like so no one can bother your game...