Which do you prefer? A shield with high capacity that lowers your HP, or...

#1curtlandPosted 5/3/2013 1:42:40 AM
...a shield with lower capacity that adds extra HP?

Is one generally more helpful or is it just a "push" like the number suggest.
---
Only idoits can't spell.
#2xlinerPosted 5/3/2013 1:44:31 AM
Do you mean legendaries? Or like blues and purples?
---
GS: 25
GT: Vampiric Zealot
#3curtland(Topic Creator)Posted 5/3/2013 1:48:55 AM
Just in general. Even just crap whites and greens. I guess it's a choice between the turtle shields and the... what's the extra health shields? Amplify?
---
Only idoits can't spell.
#4xlinerPosted 5/3/2013 1:54:08 AM
Chimera.

But I would have to go with using Evolution over 100'000 shield capacity that reduces health :3
---
#5xlinerPosted 5/3/2013 1:56:13 AM
xliner posted...
Chimera.

But I would have to go with using Evolution over a shield with 100'000 capacity that reduces health :3

---
#6killbot357Posted 5/3/2013 5:52:28 AM
Neither. I prefer shields that have other affects, like bullet absorb, elemental defense, nova damage, spike damage, etc.
---
XBOX GT: illbzo1
Currently playing: Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon, Borderlands 2, Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Summoner - Soul Hackers
#7Big_Ed_MustaphaPosted 5/3/2013 5:59:05 AM
Turtle for me, suits my play style best
---
King of the evil/normal monkeys who are now mostly normal but flesh eating while frowned upon is not entirely rare
#8SuprSaiyanRockrPosted 5/3/2013 5:59:07 AM
killbot357 posted...
Neither. I prefer shields that have other affects, like bullet absorb, elemental defense, nova damage, spike damage, etc.

Pretty much this.

I never liked the turtle shields (particularly the hoplite and tortoise, since they affect movement speed), and I don't see much use in increased health or elemental resistance in UVHM.
---
GT/PSN: SuprSaiyanRockr
Efficiency>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Nostalgia. Always.
#9Jambi_ManPosted 5/3/2013 6:56:46 AM
I use a Neogenator almost exclusively these days. It works beautifully in UVHM, for me at least. I always go for a health based build, so it's nice for that.

I really dislike Turtle shields. They conflict greatly with my playstyle.
---
Would you like to do battle with a Brony riding piggyback on a Rabid Stalker? If the answer is no, you are sad, and I've no desire to speak with you further.
#10Wallcrawler8878Posted 5/3/2013 7:06:37 AM
Health buffs are pretty pointless. Once your shield is down, your health is going to hit bottom insanely fast.

Youre better off going with decent capacity, and some sort of Adaptive, or Bullet absorption effect on it.

Evolution is the best of all of it though, big shield, big health boost, and adaptation.

Turtle shields were fun until I ran into enemies with shock weapons. Surveyors especially.

That massive shield is toasted instantly, and your paltry health pool isnt even enough to withstand a single burst of enemy fire.