Load times faster if I buy through XBL compared to disc?

#1shadestreetPosted 5/3/2013 10:15:28 AM
I assume they would be... but if there is a mandatory install on the disc, perhaps they are equal.

Anyone know how much space the install takes?
#2StormWolf12Posted 5/3/2013 10:16:33 AM
Load times are faster if you put it on your solid state.
#3EasygoingBirdPosted 5/3/2013 10:18:54 AM
Installs generally only take 10ish minutes. The only thing the disc is used for afterwards is to authenticate the game
---
GT: Dr Chowder
#4shadestreet(Topic Creator)Posted 5/3/2013 10:55:00 AM
Ok - so sounds like whether I go with XBL game-on-demand, or the disc, once I do the install from the disc, loads times are just as fast either way?
#5MrImpatient35Posted 5/3/2013 10:56:57 AM
shadestreet posted...
Ok - so sounds like whether I go with XBL game-on-demand, or the disc, once I do the install from the disc, loads times are just as fast either way?

I would assume so. The MAIN reason why I'd rather buy the disc though, is because the XBL price is usually higher than the disc...I have no idea why, but it usually is. I just buy the game, then install it on my HD. Same thing. Either way, the game would be on my HD with either option.
---
I have Dysarthria. It's a Speech problem. Cause of that, I rarely use my mic...rarely.
#6Violent_ShadowPosted 5/3/2013 11:09:59 AM
I seriously doubt there is much difference (bar some odd things with some games) between the GoD and retail disc versions. A friend has his BL2 on GoD and i see virtually no difference between the two (mine is installed via disc) as far as performance and disk access (HDD) goes.
---
"Beautiful lies beget ugly truths."
> I don't accept *random* friend requests from people i don't know. <
#7TheGlowPosted 5/3/2013 12:31:13 PM
StormWolf12 posted...
Load times are faster if you put it on your solid state.

Last I knew you couldn't use a solid state for 360 yet.
Hddhackr didnt support it.
You can use 7200rpm Scorpio Black drives, and there are a few supported 10krpm raptor drives you can use.

Oh I just remembered, JTAG removes the hdd verification, so yes you could use an SSD if using a freedash dashboard. But then you cant go on LIVE anymore.