Didn't expect UVHM Rabid skags tougher than earlier bosses at any level...

#11WretchedOwlPosted 5/4/2013 6:28:45 AM
Protip: SLAG.

The rabid enemies are definitely tough. Who knew rabies could bestow a blessing of near invulnerability. Time to go get me some rabies and rob a bank.
---
Some doors are best left closed, because once open, they're easy to walk through again and again.
-- GT: Wretched Owls
#12J1mi(Topic Creator)Posted 5/4/2013 6:52:48 AM
Slag makes them killable when it's just one skag vs my vault hunter. Sabre turrets just tickle them.

I was referring to UVHM Flynt and TVHM Warrior, both were simple, easy jobs. Killed the latter like 20 times solo without dying once before moving onto UVHM. No longer casual gunning in UVHM, it seems.
---
''I enjoy it... There's something mildly therapeutic about beating the **** out of something with a golf club.'' -Burn-the-light
#13DRCEQPosted 5/4/2013 7:19:35 AM
Slag is pretty much required to kill rabid skags and rabid stalkers. Rocket launchers are needed if you need to kill them fast. Level 61 stalkers, after their shields are stripped away, take about four direct hits from a 500k+ damage launcher to kill.

They are great for xp as you level up, but they need a speed nerf. It's impossible to outrun a stalker, and it will put you in FFYL in about 6 bites, which happens in about 5 seconds.
---
Meowahaha! Madness, Genius, the only difference between them is success! - Taokaka, Blaz Blue Continuum Shift
Motoko Kusanagi is my goddess!
#14drake_skullPosted 5/4/2013 8:19:35 AM
Jambi_Man posted...
Yeah, then they throw 2 rabid Stalkers at you, so you can't even progress in the game....

Sometimes this game just plain hates you.

2? I have had 5 in one area, jump like a madman but never towards them, you kinda have to predict their movements in UVHM a bit better than TVHM. And never stop firing that Fire weapon(after slagging and if applicable removing their shields).
---
"If your going to ask someone to save the world, make sure they like it the way it is"
http://www.youtube.com/user/Drakeskull23
#15FireCloud37Posted 5/4/2013 8:21:46 AM
I agree with Spfurm. The exp from them was a nice little touch and the only bad apple of the bunch are the Rabid Stalkers. But once a little Slag and a Shock hit them. I just jump around and lay the smackdown. Rabid Skags, I just back strafe and pop in da jaw chucking a random singularity when needed. They were both harder in TVHM than they were UVHM.
---
GT- Dielan Wet
#16drake_skullPosted 5/4/2013 8:25:20 AM
FireCloud37 posted...
I agree with Spfurm. The exp from them was a nice little touch and the only bad apple of the bunch are the Rabid Stalkers. But once a little Slag and a Shock hit them. I just jump around and lay the smackdown. Rabid Skags, I just back strafe and pop in da jaw chucking a random singularity when needed. They were both harder in TVHM than they were UVHM.

But they seem to have doubled the Pestilence Defilers attack radius when they land from the pounce attack, so combined them with the rabids and you actually got a tough fight.
---
"If your going to ask someone to save the world, make sure they like it the way it is"
http://www.youtube.com/user/Drakeskull23
#17LifeIsABigGamePosted 5/4/2013 8:32:43 AM
If u r using axton all u need to do to kill the rabids is slag them and them let the turrets do the rest of the job. I use a slagga on all of my characters for slagging the enemy even though some characters may have an action skill that can slag enemies its a good idea to have a back up slag weapon. After slagging the skags use a fire based weapon to set them on fire u could use something like the good touch will make those annoying skags die real quick. And the stalkers u should slag them first, once that is done them use a shock weapon to deplete their shield and finish them off with a fire weapon. For a shock weapon I use a cc which can deplete the shields of all the stalkers in the area
---
Life is best enjoyed with family and friends.
GT: Mono El Nasty
#18Jambi_ManPosted 5/4/2013 10:03:57 AM
drake_skull posted...
Jambi_Man posted...
Yeah, then they throw 2 rabid Stalkers at you, so you can't even progress in the game....

Sometimes this game just plain hates you.

2? I have had 5 in one area, jump like a madman but never towards them, you kinda have to predict their movements in UVHM a bit better than TVHM. And never stop firing that Fire weapon(after slagging and if applicable removing their shields).

Lol, I know...

I was being sarcastic. That was a quote from bossfight69 in the very first post on the "well played UVHM" thread. You know, the one that's about to hit 1500. ;)
---
Would you like to do battle with a Brony riding piggyback on a Rabid Stalker? If the answer is no, you are sad, and I've no desire to speak with you further.
#19J1mi(Topic Creator)Posted 5/4/2013 10:04:52 AM
My biggest problem here? Sub-par guns. I've had horrible luck with chests and drops...
---
''I enjoy it... There's something mildly therapeutic about beating the **** out of something with a golf club.'' -Burn-the-light
#20xboxBUNZILLAPosted 5/4/2013 10:07:09 AM
Not sure how I missed this gem, I love how all the newbs are giving advice, its so precious..
---
word to the wise, turn off your BAR before you dashboard. :)
BayouJoe posted... Cool, I found the duct tape, no more interruptions from the young uns.