damage question

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Borderlands 2
  3. damage question

User Info: punkrocktool

punkrocktool
3 years ago#1
So I've been using a 6800 damage shock plasma caster with my mechromancer. I found a 12000 maliwan shock smg. However, when I test them against target practice the plasma caster seems to be doing more damage. I test both similarly, but the plasma caster does like 345k and the shock smg registers about 288k even though it's base damage is higher. What am I missing?

User Info: spfurm01

spfurm01
3 years ago#2
Is the Plasma caster also a Maliwan? If the damage you listed was crit damage, then it's possible that the plasma caster you've got has a higher crit damage. EDIT: nvm just looked at the section for smgs in the damage formula they all have the same crit damage

The Prefix/Names of the guns would help, also skill build, class mod, shield, relic, etc
We know Gavorn's tricks! We leave!

punkrocktool
3 years ago#3
It's a tediore

User Info: packman1010

packman1010
3 years ago#4
Plasma Casters are normally x2 right?
Won't change this sig until the next time I change it
4/15/2011

User Info: packman1010

packman1010
3 years ago#5
allegiance relic?
Won't change this sig until the next time I change it
4/15/2011

User Info: spfurm01

spfurm01
3 years ago#6
Hmm I think I've found it. Plasma casters usually have a slight AoE splash (akin to using the Cobra sniper, just with a much smaller AoE) so a direct hit may calculate the direct hit and the splash together into the damage. Doing some searching it appears that Plasma casters deal a much larger amount of damage than what is advertised on their item card, usually close to double the amount.
We know Gavorn's tricks! We leave!

punkrocktool
3 years ago#7
Thanks for the info...I guess this is why the target practice jerkbag is there, can't trust the numbers.

Yeah, the plasma caster is x2, but I thought that was ammo usage and not damage.
  1. Boards
  2. Borderlands 2
  3. damage question

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived