best way for gunzerker to solo pyro pete?

#1williswrathPosted 5/4/2013 2:48:47 PM
im trying to do the quest and farm him. whats the best way for a gz to solo pete?
---
PSN WillisWrath
GT Wondrous1
#2StormWolf12Posted 5/4/2013 2:51:51 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J2LjBfLMTps

Adjust for gunzerker.
#3gunsndrosesPosted 5/4/2013 3:26:45 PM(edited)
Slagga / DPUH.

Fill out Gunlust / Rampage trees. Emphasis on Money Shot- Auspicious Raider class mods are recommended.

You should be able to almost be in a constant state of Gunzerking. Keep him slagged, and just unload with the DPUH.

I do not recommend using a Bee. Neogenator/Evolution/Sham are all better choices. Pete himself already goes down in a minute or two just by the slag/DPUH, and the Bee leaves you way too vulnerable.

Just take his novas like a champ. When you need to wash off, always use the spiderant valve. They can't shoot at you, and they're easy as hell to kill. By the end of the battle, they will be pretty high level, but they still go down very easy. Keep one or two alive at all times *in case* you go down and need a revive, although it really shouldn't be necessary.
---
Halo 4 was the best Call of Duty.
#4FAILUREtoreplyPosted 5/4/2013 3:53:22 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IxRsHvgEaOA

I never beat any of the raid bosses with a team, Salvador is too good to need a team and this video is clearly why.

Considering that Pyro Pete is on the Torgue dlc, getting a DPUH should be really easy. I would also recommend a Slagged Rubi.

Also this video shows that the guy is lvl 50, I do pretty much the same thing at lvl 61.
---
Who gives a s*** what you believe? In thirty seconds you'll be dead, and I'll blow this place up and be home in time for Corn Flakes.
#5williswrath(Topic Creator)Posted 5/4/2013 4:10:00 PM
When I try using dual dpuh's I run out of ammo real fast then I'm screwed. I need a way to take his shields down faster.
---
PSN WillisWrath
GT Wondrous1
#6FAILUREtoreplyPosted 5/4/2013 4:14:00 PM
williswrath posted...
When I try using dual dpuh's I run out of ammo real fast then I'm screwed. I need a way to take his shields down faster.

Is your skills set to something like this? http://www.bl2skills.com/gunzerker.html#505051501515055510015100000000000

He's gotta be constantly slagged and also aim for critical hits.
---
Who gives a s*** what you believe? In thirty seconds you'll be dead, and I'll blow this place up and be home in time for Corn Flakes.
#7gunsndrosesPosted 5/4/2013 4:21:41 PM
williswrath posted...

Don't use dual DPUHs. One is all you need.
---
Halo 4 was the best Call of Duty.
#8FAILUREtoreplyPosted 5/4/2013 4:29:56 PM
gunsndroses posted...
williswrath posted...

Don't use dual DPUHs. One is all you need.

Sure if you have at least a Slagged Rubi on the other hand.
---
#9williswrath(Topic Creator)Posted 5/4/2013 4:41:42 PM
Managed to kill him with the skill set up posted above. I don't really like that it doesn't use fill to the brim tho cuz I came close to running out of ammo again using a dpuh/slagga with a slag rubi back up. Might tweak that set up a bit then try a few more runs.
---
PSN WillisWrath
GT Wondrous1
#10FAILUREtoreplyPosted 5/4/2013 4:50:23 PM
williswrath posted...
Managed to kill him with the skill set up posted above. I don't really like that it doesn't use fill to the brim tho cuz I came close to running out of ammo again using a dpuh/slagga with a slag rubi back up. Might tweak that set up a bit then try a few more runs.

I normally don't use Filled to the Brim because it makes getting your Money Shot take longer, and its giving up a much needed skill on his Rampage build.
---