Drop rates boosted?

#1PTP2009Posted 5/4/2013 7:49:40 PM
I just got up to Level 5 of the "Nothing Rhymes With Orange..." challenge by just playing the first two playthroughs normally. Got 5 oranges from loot midgets in TVHM, including 3 from the infamous room in WEP. Got a bonus package in both playthroughs, then went to farm one at lvl 50 and got one the first time, but it was rubberized, so I tried again and got a longbow sticky 2 runs later.

Compare this to like, 5 total in 8 previous playthroughs.

IBCoolStoryBro
#2killbot357Posted 5/4/2013 7:52:06 PM
Seems like they have been to me.

A chubby stalker dropped an explosive Bunny for me in UVHM the other day, then Scorch gave up a level 60 Hellfire after 8 tries or so. And today I found a level 14 Sticky Fire Leech grenade mod in the vending machine in Marcus' store, while playing my level 19 assassin.

I don't think that last one really counts, but it's the first legendary I've seen in a vending machine.

Cool story bro!
---
XBOX GT: illbzo1
Currently playing: Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon, Borderlands 2, Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Summoner - Soul Hackers
#3monster138Posted 5/4/2013 8:19:46 PM
My lvl 25 siren already has gotten 8 legendary's to drop. 5 from BA's in the WEP.
As apposed to my commando who got nothing PT1 and 2 in tvhm.
Kinda nice
---
"it doesn't mean I'm not sick of this damned war;
the mud, the noise, .....the.....the endless poetry!" ------ Lord Flashheart
#4packman1010Posted 5/4/2013 8:51:52 PM
I was having trouble with my normal PT assassin, so I went to farm a Maggie on my siren for him. Zaford dropped it second try.
---
Won't change this sig until the next time I change it
4/15/2011
#5DRCEQPosted 5/4/2013 9:20:01 PM
It might explain why I got two Pearls within the same hour yesterday.
---
Meowahaha! Madness, Genius, the only difference between them is success! - Taokaka, Blaz Blue Continuum Shift
Motoko Kusanagi is my goddess!
#6ROFLMEOWPosted 5/4/2013 9:32:04 PM
I don't know about enemy drop rates, but chests have been much better to me lately. Just now, I got a Sawbar (pearl!) and a Deliverance in one run at the Leviathan treasure chamber. In a few previous runs, I got a Rolling Thunder, two Invaders, a White Death, and Sledge's Shotgun. Two weeks ago, I got maybe one orange out of every six or seven runs. Now I'm seeing one in nearly every run.
---
"NOOOOO!!! How will I juggle?!"
#7JkickitPosted 5/4/2013 9:33:35 PM
If only more oranges dropped from the invincibles, I love killing those SOBs.
---
http://i.imgur.com/qfsbZAm.png -- GT: Gears of Wario
Now Playing: Borderlands2/FFXIII-2/MW2
#8Lawlfulcoptors1Posted 5/5/2013 3:35:12 AM
I got a level 50 bee in about 20 tries from hellquist. An also an orange corrosive grenade mod from that boss, that comes down the elevator? First try.
#9CaptainWolfPosted 5/5/2013 5:51:16 AM
I got a Hellfire from Scorch(first try), an Emperor from a LLM and a Maggie from a chest just a couple days ago, and I've found maybe three Legendaries in my entire play-time pre-UVHM.
So yeah, I'd say they've improved. That, or "random is random".
---
Let's fly to the castle!
Xbox LIVE: Hellwolf8400 | PSN: hellwolf84
#10shnangyboosPosted 5/5/2013 6:33:03 AM
I got 3 Hornets in 7 kills the other day, then went and got 2 Slaggas in like 8 kills. I was quite pleased.
---
How's my posting?
Call http://boards.gamefaqs.com/gfaqs/gentopic.php?board=588037 for any comments.