How to most effectively use ZERO in UVHM?

#1greatmario3Posted 5/5/2013 10:33:19 AM
After beating the game on TVHM, I decided to give UVHM a try. The first few bandits I encountered in Southern Shelf were absolutely destroying me (2-3 hits killed me)

Also, my snipers were horrible and took several dozen headshots to kill regular enemies
(I would regularirly OSK enemies in TVHM) I took most of the sniping class mods I found.

I think I was using a muckamuck at the time, but it was a level 50 weapon.

Even now at lvl 59, I still have trouble killing enemies after slagging them with snipers.

I really enjoy sniping, the mechanics seem good for it. Is sniping even a good idea in UVHM, or should I consider using a different approach?

I can provide more details if neccessary.

NOT looking for modded stuff or duped items. Just looking for suggestions.
---
PSN ID: Dominic935
"They look like monsters to you?" - Vincent
#2WretchedOwlPosted 5/5/2013 10:36:16 AM
General consensus confirms that Zer0 absolutely sucks at sniping in UVHM. I'm currently using a melee/gun hybrid with the legendary COM that does some decent damage, but I still die a lot. People like full melee for absolutely destroying people with Zer0.
---
Some doors are best left closed, because once open, they're easy to walk through again and again.
-- GT: Wretched Owls
#3JkickitPosted 5/5/2013 11:56:43 AM
Go all melee or all gun (not sniping). Sniping is not as good as it was in pt1/TVHM and Zer0's sniping tree sucks. Maya > Zer0 for sniping.
---
http://i.imgur.com/qfsbZAm.png -- GT: Gears of Wario
Now Playing: Borderlands2/FFXIII-2/MW2
#4StormWolf12Posted 5/5/2013 12:49:52 PM
Zero sucks, pick someone else.
#5SpankedEaglePosted 5/5/2013 2:29:15 PM(edited)
bore/ death blossom build got me through UVHM solo

http://www.bl2skills.com/assassin.html#505051500050055105410540000000

I used one shot one kill because I used infiinities, so if you don't plan to you could probably put those skill points somewhere else.
---
GAMERTAG:SpankedEagle
#6kvng727Posted 5/5/2013 2:32:55 PM
I use a Cunning/B0re build that revolves around guns with a good pellet count. I usually go into deception, throw my kunai and finish them off with the Twister.

Due to the unusual shape of the pellets it usually destroys everything since they almost always hit criticals. Plus if any enemies are behind them the damage is amplified by b0re.
#7ROFLMEOWPosted 5/5/2013 2:43:16 PM(edited)
I sniped with Zero early on in UVHM (before getting my melee gear) and did quite well. I filled out the sniper tree, used a sniper class mod, and made sure to use a Jakobs sniper rifle (Jakobs rifles have the highest base damage overall and often have further boosts to weapon damage and critical damage). A Bee shield is also very good to have.

Don't forget to take advantage of Deception when sniping. Even without the Bee's amp, I was getting one-shot kills even on nomads and bruisers because I went into Deception and waited until the last second of it to fire, to maximize the damage bonus. A cooldown relic and a bit of patience can take you through even the toughest areas without a scratch. Usually, if you snipe someone in Deception (and you're far enough away), the enemies won't even be alerted.
---
"NOOOOO!!! How will I juggle?!"
#8Android21APosted 5/5/2013 4:39:55 PM
Sniping is fun with the Hawkeye or a good Muckamuck/Pimpernel. The Pimpernel still wrecks everything.

For close range, I use a DPU Harold with Velocity, Two Fang, and Bore, and it obliterates everything including raid bosses.
---
Will you take the Rocket Launcher?
>Yes No