Unkempt Harold

#1MockPaper77451Posted 5/5/2013 5:10:15 PM
The Unkempt Harold is not as godly as everyone thinks. It has the insane raw power, but it is not affected by the Bee like th Sandhawk is.

From the Wiki

When used with an Amplify Shield, only the middle shot in the spread will receive the full damage bonus, while the other six shots in the spread will play the Amplify damage sound, they will not receive the bonus.

http://borderlands.wikia.com/wiki/Unkempt_Harold
#2EX_KoakumaPosted 5/5/2013 5:19:12 PM
I've tried testing that and it's hard to say. It's tough to only hit skags or target practice with only one shot but it seems like each individual shot actually does get the full amp damage. That's with The Bee, anyway.
---
http://puu.sh/2MzYG.png
#3MockPaper77451(Topic Creator)Posted 5/5/2013 5:21:02 PM
It still is a beast without the bee.
#4gunsndrosesPosted 5/5/2013 5:35:46 PM
Never understood the obsession with the Bee.

The DPUH doesn't need a Bee. You're infinitely better off using a shield that offers more survivability, like a Sham or Evolution/Neogenator. Okay, really not the Neogenator, but still.
---
Halo 4 was the best Call of Duty.
#5MockPaper77451(Topic Creator)Posted 5/5/2013 5:37:52 PM
I use two of them on my gunzerker with a sham.
Cuz Quadruple Penetrating is much more powerful.
#6EX_KoakumaPosted 5/5/2013 5:48:24 PM
gunsndroses posted...
Never understood the obsession with the Bee.

The DPUH doesn't need a Bee. You're infinitely better off using a shield that offers more survivability, like a Sham or Evolution/Neogenator. Okay, really not the Neogenator, but still.

A DPUH makes you like a god anyway. It kills everything so damn fast, even without slag or damage buffs or anything. One of those things that just feels too good and kinda boring to use imo, along with The Bee and The Sham. I just wanted to see for myself if what the wiki said was true, because it's not the first time it's said something that's a bit sketchy.
---
http://puu.sh/2MzYG.png
#7capnovanPosted 5/5/2013 6:13:28 PM
I wouldn't trust the wiki 100%
---
You can take my Karma, but you'll never take......MY FREEDOM!
#8SeekAndDestroy2Posted 5/5/2013 7:38:36 PM
The Harold is a beast. And I get way more damage with it when I have a bee equipped so I feel like all the bullets get amp damage.
---
PSN & GT: darkstar5577
#9SuprSaiyanRockrPosted 5/5/2013 7:43:26 PM
While we're on the subject, I find the norfleet to be unreliable. Too innacurate; I used it on Gee's worms and it rarely hit. Just flew over them.
---
GT/PSN: SuprSaiyanRockr
Efficiency>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Nostalgia. Always.
#10SeekAndDestroy2Posted 5/5/2013 7:48:19 PM
SuprSaiyanRockr posted...
While we're on the subject, I find the norfleet to be unreliable. Too innacurate; I used it on Gee's worms and it rarely hit. Just flew over them.

The norfleet is hard to hit what you want with it sometimes, I find it better for just firing at big groups, large targets, or for getting second winds. You can hit a lot of enemies with a single shot and it does some crazy damage with the correct element for the enemy.
---
PSN & GT: darkstar5577