Should I just get borderlands 1

#1The_Hitman_UKPosted 5/6/2013 4:36:01 AM
Is there massive differences between borderlands 1 & 2?
---
GT: L hitman uk
#2AlleRacingPosted 5/6/2013 4:45:12 AM
There are conveniences which you might take for granted. For example, ammo, money and health on the ground aren't automatically picked up, you have to manually grab them. There's also a lot less variety in the environment and colour pallet, and the UI doesn't look as nice. Other than that though, it's quite a solid game, and I highly recommend it. Borderlands 2 wasn't widely anticipated because the first one was terrible, after all.
---
http://img356.imageshack.us/img356/8325/scrunchface2copyfx0.png
http://www.xboxlc.com/cards/default/alle5.jpg
#3bcon1208Posted 5/6/2013 5:09:40 AM
AlleRacing, I think he was more asking should he get Borderlands 1 instead of Borderlands 2...maybe not, but that's how I read it.

In response to that, you should get both. Hands down. They are two different games. Arguably the second one is better in most ways, but there are a few things Borderlands 1 did better too. Cost wise, you should be able to pick up the Game of the Year edition of Borderlands 1 for around $20 (USD) or even less. It's a great game, and you won't regret playing both of them.
---
Loading Post... [|||||||||||||||||||||||__] 85% Complete...
lIl Nemesis lIl
#4shadestreetPosted 5/6/2013 11:11:47 AM
I would get Borderlands 1 GOTY for 20. It will keep you busy for a very long time and is an awesome game.

Borderlands 2 is a great sequel, but not the type of sequel that makes the previous game obsolete (i.e., Tekken 3 makes Tekken 2 obsolete).
#5SonyHoundDawgPosted 5/6/2013 11:22:37 AM
I disagree. I really feel Borderlands 2 makes Borderlands 1 obsolete, except the purchase price of the game. But the only thing that stinks, so many BL1 characters are in BL2, in some ways, I feel you might miss out if you never played 1.

Borderlands 1 story is pretty poor, theres not much there, so if your the type of player who likes a half decent story that keeps you going forward to see whats next, this game fails at that.

The enviornments are horrible. Everything is bascially brown and repative looking. Wether you started the game, or are 10 hours in, youll be fighting through the samey looking places the whole game. If you ever played other games like dragon age 2, that recycle enviorments, youll get that feeling here. This is the worst part about the game IMO. If the enviornemts were a little more varied and intersteing I could overlook the other flaws.

In addiion the poor enviornment variety, the bad guys the same way. Youll fight the same few bandits and the few types of animals through out the entire game.

Anyways, I did enjoy the game for a little while when I had, it started off really fun, but a few hours in all the flaws i listed just got me and I had to force myself to finish the game.

If you never played part 2, you might want to try 1 still, a lot of characters from part 1 make into the game and it will enchance your experience if you know about them already.

But besides that I find part 2 better in everyway.
#6StormWolf12Posted 5/6/2013 11:24:40 AM
Borderlands 1 is awesome and one of the best values in gaming. You can pick up the GOTY version for like 12 bucks for PC.
#7gunsndrosesPosted 5/6/2013 11:54:47 AM
Borderlands 1 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Borderlands 2
---
Halo 4 was the best Call of Duty.
#8gunsndrosesPosted 5/6/2013 11:55:25 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#9ZardoZsaysPosted 5/6/2013 12:10:22 PM
gunsndroses posted...
Borderlands 1 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Borderlands 2

Agreed, for almost every reason I prefer BL1. The number one reason is BL1 has random legendaries, while BL2 has Boss specific legendaries(this is a bad thing kids, at least the way they implemented it anyways)
#10EasygoingBirdPosted 5/6/2013 12:20:38 PM
I like the drop rates from 1 better, but for pretty much everything else I prefer 2.
---
GT: Dr Chowder