Warning: This will make farming much, much harder.

#31Dwaze_ZakenPosted 5/6/2013 12:04:51 PMmessage detail
I'm glad this got topic got a sticky.

More people need to know the effects certain parts have on weapons, and how they determine gun behavior and stats.
---
Dib: Sorry, I'm late. Horrible nightmare visions!
Ms. Bitters: It's called life, Dib. Sit down.
#32WretchedOwl(Topic Creator)Posted 5/6/2013 12:10:13 PMmessage detail
Dwaze_Zaken posted...

More people need to know the effects certain parts have on weapons, and how they determine gun behavior and stats.

I agree. There are some guns where parts are extremely critical to performance, and some that can have a little variance.

After using these charts for so long, I don't even have to look at the item tag to determine whether or not its gonna be worth using. Its kinda nice!
---
Some doors are best left closed, because once open, they're easy to walk through again and again.
-- GT: Wretched Owls
#33monster138Posted 5/6/2013 12:20:45 PMmessage detail
Man, i wish you posted this last night.
Spent over 1/2 hour comparing smg's and shottys.
(Found some nice purples(pink?)
this info would'a cut 20min off...lol
Thanx again, man
---
"it doesn't mean I'm not sick of this damned war;
the mud, the noise, .....the.....the endless poetry!" ------ Lord Flashheart
#34Dwaze_ZakenPosted 5/6/2013 12:54:39 PMmessage detail
WretchedOwl posted...
I agree. There are some guns where parts are extremely critical to performance, and some that can have a little variance.

Exactly. I bet alot of people don't know that sights affects stats on rocket launchers but not on any other type of gun. Rocket launchers are the only guns where I check to see what kind of scope it has on it. I don't do that for any other type of gun.
---
#35TrazielPosted 5/6/2013 12:57:05 PMmessage detail
WretchedOwl posted...
Dwaze_Zaken posted...

After using these charts for so long, I don't even have to look at the item tag to determine whether or not its gonna be worth using. Its kinda nice!

I spend more time inspecting the damn gun itself instead of the tag now. Not sure if that's a good or bad thing, because I have yet to figure out if a gun with all the same manufacturer parts is stronger than a gun-chimera I've concocted in my mind.
---
Gamertag: LaGrimm
Now Playing: Borderlands 2, ASC: Brotherhood, Halo 4
#36WretchedOwl(Topic Creator)Posted 5/6/2013 1:02:06 PMmessage detail
Traziel posted...
WretchedOwl posted...
Dwaze_Zaken posted...

I spend more time inspecting the damn gun itself instead of the tag now. Not sure if that's a good or bad thing, because I have yet to figure out if a gun with all the same manufacturer parts is stronger than a gun-chimera I've concocted in my mind.

I've tested this actually... The only manufacturer part that gets a matched bonus is the grip. Which is just mag size/reload speed. The rest of them are preferential.
---
Some doors are best left closed, because once open, they're easy to walk through again and again.
#37Dwaze_ZakenPosted 5/6/2013 1:47:57 PMmessage detail
WretchedOwl posted...
I've tested this actually... The only manufacturer part that gets a matched bonus is the grip. Which is just mag size/reload speed. The rest of them are preferential.

While matching the gun with its' manufacturer's grip is the optimal route to go, you want to make sure you have the stock for the gun that produces the best recoil reduction when you shoot it.

For SMGs, ARs, and snipers, a Dahl stock is the best. Shotguns should always have a Hyperion stock. Pistols don't have a stock and on rocket launchers the stock is referred to as the exhaust and is up to personal preference.
---
#38LaharPosted 5/6/2013 1:55:12 PMmessage detail
Holy crap sticky!
---
It's raining
luggage and babies and limbs and Daddy doesn't come home.
#39TrazielPosted 5/6/2013 2:23:03 PMmessage detail
Lahar posted...
Holy crap sticky!

This feels like one of them moments man...

Catch-a-stiiiiiiiiick!

Guah. I'm never doing that again.
---
Gamertag: LaGrimm
Now Playing: Borderlands 2, ASC: Brotherhood, Halo 4
#40WretchedOwl(Topic Creator)Posted 5/6/2013 2:24:00 PMmessage detail
Lahar posted...
Holy crap sticky!

Now no one will heed my warning! They'll all be like OH CRAP STICKY LEMME LOOK!

And they'll be corrupted... just as I am. Doomed to a life of forever farming with mad-part-OCD!

But when that perfect gun does come along... dat payout is OH so sweet.
---