WEP vs Empty Thousand Cuts runs question.

#1Phara0hManPosted 5/6/2013 9:17:11 AM
Is there any reason to run the WEP instead of Thousand Cuts other than the fact that there are 4 guaranteed LLMs?

I know you get a decent amount of experience making your way to the room with the boxes, but I can do a run of TC in a few minutes, average 2 LLMS minimum with 2 red chests, 2 silver chests and various other misc loot on the way, and all without having to deal with the salt that Rabid Skags/Stalkers produce.

So, am I missing something?
---
NP: Borderlands 2 (Lv. 61 Siren), Injustice (Sinestro, Catwoman, Aquaman, Batman).
#2StormWolf12Posted 5/6/2013 9:19:01 AM
It's all preference bro. I enjoy fighting the skags, loaders, and stalkers.
#3Phara0hMan(Topic Creator)Posted 5/6/2013 9:25:51 AM
I'll be honest, the WEP would be my favorite part of the game if it weren't for the Rabid/Pestilent Stalkers.

I might just be getting too old, but my reflexes aren't what they used to be :p I just can't hit those things unless I get the drop on them and pop Phaselock.
---
NP: Borderlands 2 (Lv. 61 Siren), Injustice (Sinestro, Catwoman, Aquaman, Batman).
#4monster138Posted 5/6/2013 10:20:30 AM
These days, any place badasses gather is your best bet. Their drop rate seems to have exploded.
I use the path to the midget room (WEP) for farming (bringing siren up in pt1 right now) and testing builds. Not only does Pumba seem to show 9/10 times, but i get at least 1, up to 4, legendarys to drop each time. Got nothing above purples at Arlrid Nexus last night. They seem to be leveled closer to player, too. Last night got purple siren mod 1 level above me.
As apposed to the 2 legendarys got with commando in tvhm, and none in normal.
but to quote someone on this board (name escapes me), "random means random"
Though for some bosses, "glitched" and "broken" negate that.
---
"it doesn't mean I'm not sick of this damned war;
the mud, the noise, .....the.....the endless poetry!" ------ Lord Flashheart
#5spfurm01Posted 5/6/2013 10:22:37 AM(edited)
^(in reference to post #3) use thunderball fists and bee, shoot everywhere

Works for me. Personally though I find the Treasure room to be a little bit better for finding orange (and some E-tech) loot--the seraphs are ok and etech relics are nice but LLM's tend to drop sub lv61 drops for me.
---
We know Gavorn's tricks! We leave!
#6Mr_PopelPosted 5/6/2013 11:36:35 AM
Well ... slag phaselock + DP unkempt harold = dead rabid animal ... even without the bee

and my phaselock cooldown is next to nothing so i can use it quite frequently.
---
Hey i'm not camping ... i'm "tactically waiting" :-D
#7Phara0hMan(Topic Creator)Posted 5/6/2013 12:32:06 PM
Mr_Popel posted...
Well ... slag phaselock + DP unkempt harold = dead rabid animal ... even without the bee

and my phaselock cooldown is next to nothing so i can use it quite frequently.

Oh, I can kill them no problem IF I can tag them with phaselock. Shock B**** + Ruin + 10 points in Wreck kills stalkers dead. It's catching them alone that's the issue >_>

Sadly, I don't have a Harold or TB Fist at my disposal, but I'll keep the advice in mind for if I ever do!
---
#8Four SkullsPosted 5/6/2013 12:45:22 PM
I like TC much better because Baddass Loaders cause me more deaths than Rabids ever will.

I'm farming TC because me (59 Gunzerker) and a friend (55 Siren) ran into the brickwall that is a Badass Constructor on the way up to the Bunker last night.
#9Phara0hMan(Topic Creator)Posted 5/6/2013 12:56:00 PM
Four Skulls posted...
I like TC much better because Baddass Loaders cause me more deaths than Rabids ever will.

I'm farming TC because me (59 Gunzerker) and a friend (55 Siren) ran into the brickwall that is a Badass Constructor on the way up to the Bunker last night.

To help with the constructor, it takes FOREVER, but an easy way to kill him:

1) Have a good sniper, Corrosive Dahl would be excellent.

2) Go just far enough into the complex to spawn the BA Constructor, then retreat back out to just outside the gate to the complex

3) Hug the right side of the gate and pop his crit spot in safety. The only thing it can hit you with is missile barrage; duck fully into cover behind the door when he launches them and you'll go unscathed.

4) Take our surveyors with priority.
---
#10capnovanPosted 5/6/2013 3:29:38 PM
I prefer Frostburn Canyon myself. Fatal GOD-liath vs Legendary Loot Midget Marauder. FIGHT!
---
You can take my Karma, but you'll never take......MY FREEDOM!