Least favorite prefix?

#21Jambi_ManPosted 5/6/2013 6:28:58 PM
Mr_Popel posted...
AlleRacing posted...
Any prefix that signifies no accessory. Sunny, Miss Moxxi's, etc.

personally i'd rather have "nothing" instead of rubberized ... after all the time i played this game i haven't encountered a single situation where rubberized could even be remotely useful.

Considering the fact that you claim to have played this game a bunch, why would you make a statement like that?

Longbow is the best. Tossed is 2nd. True, true. But, to say that there are no situations where rubberized can be remotely useful is just plain ignorant.

I've used rubberized for an entire UVHM playthrough, and they've been useful most of the time. Not all the time, but most of the time. That's a far cry from none of the time.
---
Would you like to do battle with a Brony riding piggyback on a Rabid Stalker? If the answer is no, you are sad, and I've no desire to speak with you further.
#22EX_KoakumaPosted 5/6/2013 6:36:10 PM
Jambi_Man posted...
Mr_Popel posted...
AlleRacing posted...

personally i'd rather have "nothing" instead of rubberized ... after all the time i played this game i haven't encountered a single situation where rubberized could even be remotely useful.

Considering the fact that you claim to have played this game a bunch, why would you make a statement like that?

Longbow is the best. Tossed is 2nd. True, true. But, to say that there are no situations where rubberized can be remotely useful is just plain ignorant.

I've used rubberized for an entire UVHM playthrough, and they've been useful most of the time. Not all the time, but most of the time. That's a far cry from none of the time.

But there is no situation where Rubberized would be more advantages than any of the other prefixes. It's basically a straight downgrade and makes otherwise great grenades far worse than they should be.
---
http://puu.sh/2MzYG.png
#23Jambi_ManPosted 5/6/2013 6:36:38 PM
stickboy2323 posted...
I have no problem with lining up my shots. Give me a lobbed grenade and I can hit a moving rakk. The problem with rubberized is that they move so slowly and they bounce along the ground. You want to hit a guy behind cover? Nope. You want to hit a guy on a platform above you. Nope. Rubberized is terrible. Homing is also terrible but at least they have more utility. Longbow are great for precise placement but I think lobbed are the best overall.

Still, I miss proximity mines from BL1. Those were fun.

We agree that rubberized and homing are the worst 2.

But, I see it differently than you. I want my grenades to kill when, and where I throw them. That makes homing worse to me.

And you can bounce rubbies to hit guys in cover. I do hate them for certain situations, like hitting guys on platforms or up high, but I like them for most.

If I could have a longbow, I would. I'm not trying to be the cover boy for rubberized monthly here. I'm just saying they're WAAAAAAAAAAAAY better than homing.
---
Would you like to do battle with a Brony riding piggyback on a Rabid Stalker? If the answer is no, you are sad, and I've no desire to speak with you further.
#24Jambi_ManPosted 5/6/2013 6:41:36 PM
EX_Koakuma posted...
Jambi_Man posted...
Mr_Popel posted...
AlleRacing posted...

But there is no situation where Rubberized would be more advantages than any of the other prefixes. It's basically a straight downgrade and makes otherwise great grenades far worse than they should be.

That is 100% wrong.

Scenario #1- I've got a crowd of loaders coming my way. I toss a rubberized right at them.... it hits instantly, starts shocking, and I unload Slagga in their faces. All dead.

Scenario #2- I've got a crowd of loaders coming my way. I toss a homing right at them.....
it twirls up in to the air, weaving and bobbing between enemies, and I pull out my Slagga. I slag them all, then I pull out my Hornet. I start firing away at them, killing one. By this time, the homing grenade has decided on an enemy, and starts to do damage, but he is the last enemy, and I aim at him and kill him with my Hornet anyway.
---
#25stickboy2323Posted 5/6/2013 6:54:06 PM
Jambi_Man posted...
I want my grenades to kill when, and where I throw them. That makes homing worse to me.

But the problem with rubberized is that when you're in a situation where it's usable (i.e. the enemy is directly in front of you, no cover, no platform) half the time the enemy will just dodge it. Then the grenade hits the wall behind it, caroms of it and bounces back to you. Yep, really useful.

But seriously, we agree they both suck enormous quantities of rocks. We're basically arguing over which turd smells worse. I feel dumb.
---
Badass Rank: 0
#26Jambi_ManPosted 5/6/2013 7:07:48 PM
stickboy2323 posted...
Jambi_Man posted...
I want my grenades to kill when, and where I throw them. That makes homing worse to me.

But the problem with rubberized is that when you're in a situation where it's usable (i.e. the enemy is directly in front of you, no cover, no platform) half the time the enemy will just dodge it. Then the grenade hits the wall behind it, caroms of it and bounces back to you. Yep, really useful.

But seriously, we agree they both suck enormous quantities of rocks. We're basically arguing over which turd smells worse. I feel dumb.

If those filthy turtles would just drop me a friggin longbow SF, I would walk away from rubberized and never look back!

Oh, side note.... I did a few WEP midget runs earlier tonight....like 3 of them. On the second run, a midget drops a longbow SF. Yup.... a 59. Curse you low level drops!! The rubberized lives on!!
---